PDA

View Full Version : We need to get a nvnews CS:S server going.

Pages : [1] 2

Omega53
10-07-04, 06:05 PM
I think it would be great :D

jAkUp
10-07-04, 06:10 PM
Seconded :D

myshkinbob
10-07-04, 06:13 PM
thirded, but make it east coast please, i'm in the uk! :)

Zeta
10-07-04, 06:58 PM
I would be happy to host the server if Mike C is fine with me putting the name as nVnews.net or whatever. We have a dedicated server already. I would just need to get a hold of our server admin and get it set-up. The ping is great for a lot of people. If you want to test the ping out try our regular CS server. The address is boe.xmission.com:27016. We had a source beta server running. We have the bandwidth and the server we just need people to fill it.

Omega53
10-07-04, 07:01 PM
I would be happy to host the server if Mike C is fine with me putting the name as nVnews.com or whatever. We have a dedicated server already. I would just need to get a hold of our server admin and get it set-up. The ping is great for a lot of people. If you want to test the ping out try our regular CS server. The address is boe.xmission.com:27016. We had a source beta server running. We have the bandwidth and the server we just need people to fill it.

Sweet, is there anyways to pass the server so only nvnews members can enter and make a sticky letting everyone know about it?

anzak
10-07-04, 07:02 PM
I'll be playing on it sometime tomorrow. :lame:

SH64
10-07-04, 08:47 PM
I officialy support this suggestion :D

Fatman
10-08-04, 03:14 PM
I just downloaded srcdl server, but the lack of ducumentation is killing me. How the hell do you configure the server? I don't want to use the GUI, any way to start it in console mode? I assume most cvars are the same?

bmg
10-08-04, 03:23 PM
I would be happy to host the server if Mike C is fine with me putting the name as nVnews.net or whatever. We have a dedicated server already. I would just need to get a hold of our server admin and get it set-up. The ping is great for a lot of people. If you want to test the ping out try our regular CS server. The address is boe.xmission.com:27016. We had a source beta server running. We have the bandwidth and the server we just need people to fill it.
The ping is about 75ms for me and very stable. About 30-35ms slower than some servers, but not bad.

aAv7
10-08-04, 03:25 PM
we need a ut2k4 server first ! =)

Zeta
10-08-04, 05:22 PM
I will let you guys know as soon as I can get it up and running. Worst case senario it will be about a week.

ynnek
10-08-04, 05:37 PM
awesome.. I say make FF ON too..

SH64
10-08-04, 06:09 PM
Yes .. FF ON please !

vampireuk
10-08-04, 08:20 PM
I tried setting up gaming servers ages back, nobody cared then :p

Zeta
10-08-04, 09:50 PM
I love FF but the reality is people dont play on servers with FF on. We have had our server both ways and there was always more people when FF is off. The problem is people shoot their teammates just to grief them. Unless there is an admin in the server 24/7 people grief and everyone leaves. FF is GREAT for clan matches but in a pub server it just doesnt work :lame: .

jAkUp
10-08-04, 09:56 PM
Yea I agree. Most cs players are very immature. But if we keep a closed nvnews.net server, hopefully we don't have many lamoids :retard:

Omega53
10-11-04, 12:56 AM
any news yet?

Rampant CL
10-11-04, 03:22 AM
we need a ut2k4 server first ! =)

I actually had one for the nvnews irc guys awhile back, we were playing almost every night whenever someone suggested it. I may be able to do a css 24/7 server off my 6mbit, but only if i can get my setup watercooled, its too noisy otherwise.

Zeta
10-11-04, 02:19 PM
Should be able to get it done this week. I will post the minute it is up.

Zeta
10-12-04, 06:04 PM
The server is up. I still need to make sure everything is cool with naming. I dont want to use nvnews with out Mike C's permission. And I have to make sure there is no conflict with the host. The server is up at boe.xmission.com:27015 right now the name of the server is "Cs SOURCE Utah @XMISSION". I suggest every one from nvnews put "|nV" after their name so we know who each other is. So I will have my name as [B.o.E]Zeta|nV. I will be on the server later tonight. Hope to see some of you there.

Omega53
10-12-04, 06:14 PM
on my way :D

Omega53
10-12-04, 11:27 PM
Where is everyone at? :(

DJMONDY
10-13-04, 05:47 AM
I'd like to give it a go later when i get home from work.

DJMONDY|nV :)

|MaguS|
10-13-04, 07:24 AM
Wheres the server located? If I get a good ping, I'll be there!

<- Florida

Zeta
10-13-04, 08:29 AM
There were a few people in there yesterday. I was having fun killing some of you :P. The server is actually located in Utah. You might not get the best ping but its kinda central so east and west coast people should ping 80 or under. I will try to play again tonight but I will not have much time to really hit the server until friday. I should be in the server off and on all day friday. If you see me in there say hi. I am [B.o.E]Zeta|nV. I just had a thought. Lets plan a time to all meet in the server. How about this friday night at 8 PST/11 EST. I will be on the server for sure friday night at that time.