PDA

View Full Version : Tribes: Vengeance video opt. question...?

PaiN
10-07-04, 08:13 PM
I know this might sound like a newb question but its bugging me....
In the "Video Opitions" of T:Ven there's a v2.0 Pixel Shaders on\off switch(off by default)
Anyone know for sure what the default PS of this game is? Does turning PS v2.0 "on" step it up or down...?

SH64
10-07-04, 08:57 PM
The PS2.0 will improve the graphics of course . in the demo i think PS2.0 was used for the water effects to make the reflections looks better (though i'm not quite sure)
Default for DX9.0 cards should be PS2.0
defualt for DX8.0 cards will be PS1.1

|JuiceZ|
10-08-04, 09:25 AM
IIRC, in the demo the default is "off". Just from gazing around while playing, looks like PS2.0 is being used in water & several textures. Still haven't purchased the final yet though. Did the "smart" guys @ VU finally put out a dedicated server package yet? Still can't believe they released the game w/o it :rolleyes:

ynnek
10-08-04, 01:09 PM
wouldn't put it past them trying to scam an extra buck.. ;)

IIRC, in the demo the default is "off". Just from gazing around while playing, looks like PS2.0 is being used in water & several textures. Still haven't purchased the final yet though. Did the "smart" guys @ VU finally put out a dedicated server package yet? Still can't believe they released the game w/o it :rolleyes:

Xav
10-08-04, 11:47 PM
Here's a link to the Shack for the dedicated server...just released.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/33963