PDA

View Full Version : CounterStrike: Source leaked & cracked!

Pages : [1] 2

AthlonXP1800
10-07-04, 10:33 PM
I cant believe it. (omg)

I just found out that CounterStrike: Source been leaked to Internet like a wildfire and I found it very distrubted, they cracked steam protection crap. Anyone who did not buy CounterStrike: Source can download the full version and play with others who bought the game from steam online and also can create servers from the console and with some editing so that people who either bought the game or download it can play the game on the servers.

Steam is... :lame:

I wonder what the damage done to Valve? I think this situation is Gabe's 3rd blunder. :rolleyes:

Omega53
10-07-04, 10:35 PM
Meh, Im sure valve will fix this in an update.

Nv40
10-07-04, 11:07 PM
OMFG... :wtf:

will that mean Hl2 will be delayed another year? :)

seriously now.. im curious about the security of steam accounts.. people doing their owns servers and creating false accounts is not good for Valve business.

XP_GUN
10-08-04, 12:04 AM
LOL ETA next year. :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
10-08-04, 12:10 AM
It's been possible to crack games on steam for a while now but it wont allow you to play online once valve updates the game since it wont update the game and it will verify that the key you are using is invalid.

Look up CS:CZ and the other games, they all have warezed... just useless to get an MP game since its most of the time impossible to play online.

Oh its not a "leak" since the game is publicaly available now.

Zips
10-08-04, 12:32 AM
Oh no, a new game that's been cracked!? This NEVER happens!

Seriously guys, don't act like it never happens to any other game. This is a lot less damaging than when Doom 3 was released and the cracked version was out mere hours after release in multiple forms. Valve updates regularly to prevent any cheapskate from playing, trust me.

Edge
10-08-04, 12:33 AM
Haha, go figure. I'm not suprised that it's cracked, but I am suprised it's fully playable on Steam with people who have the legitimate copies. However it does seem that there are many exploits in the way Steam is set up, one person said you can make a new account without even having a CD-key simply by crashing the game when it gets to the second loading bar when you register an account :rolleyes: . Oh, and even with VAC there are still hackers out there, one guy I saw had an aimbot+speedhack, he was literally knife-headshoting the entire other team 10 seconds after the round started (though this was in non-source CS).

Still, I could almost think of a legitimate use for this: if you're planning on getting the full version of HL2 anyway but from a store, you could use the hacked version to play online until the boxed copy of HL2 is availible (or at least until they upgrade it and fix the exploit). I don't condone this or anything...though I am almost considering it since I have the Collector's Edition preordered...

Zips
10-08-04, 12:36 AM
Oh, and even with VAC there are still hackers out there, one guy I saw had an aimbot+speedhack, he was literally knife-headshoting the entire other team 10 seconds after the round started (though this was in non-source CS).
I'd like to point out that if you're talking about CS: Source where you saw this guy, VAC2 isn't even enabled yet on any server. Just an FYI.

superklye
10-08-04, 01:48 AM
You could still play LAN games though, couldn't you?

AlphaWolfII
10-08-04, 09:27 AM
Not to be a goody-two-shoes or anything .........

First, it's stealing and stealing is wrong (sure, there are exceptions, but this ain't one of them!).

Second, your biting the hand that feeds you. If fans of PC games don't support the people that create these games (id, Valve, etc.), don't be shocked if no one creates new games.

Just my thoughts .....

AWII

GlowStick
10-08-04, 10:26 AM
Every steam game gets cracked, i dont see why this would be any diffrent?

Edge
10-08-04, 02:56 PM
I'd like to point out that if you're talking about CS: Source where you saw this guy, VAC2 isn't even enabled yet on any server. Just an FYI.

*cough* ;)

Oh, and even with VAC there are still hackers out there, one guy I saw had an aimbot+speedhack, he was literally knife-headshoting the entire other team 10 seconds after the round started (though this was in non-source CS).

But hopefully VAC2 is better than the current VAC, it seems like everything that's released over Steam has some kind of problem or exploit. Yeesh, and I thought Windows was bad! Maybe they should just make Steam Service Packs while they're at it :D

Zips
10-08-04, 03:31 PM
*cough* ;)

But hopefully VAC2 is better than the current VAC, it seems like everything that's released over Steam has some kind of problem or exploit. Yeesh, and I thought Windows was bad! Maybe they should just make Steam Service Packs while they're at it :D
Ah, must've missed that in the first read through :).

I'm not really sure when VAC was last updated, but supposedly VAC2 is a near complete overhaul of their system. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, some Valve staff were former Microsoft employees ;).

S.I.N
10-08-04, 04:39 PM
.......Also, some Valve staff were former Microsoft employees ;).

Yes including the biggest of them all.

cam9786
10-08-04, 05:45 PM
Where did you get this information?

jAkUp
10-11-04, 04:57 PM
Gabes on it!

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8226&stc=1

superklye
10-11-04, 05:00 PM
That's pretty frickin' sweet, man!

lIqUID
10-11-04, 05:06 PM
that has got to be the biggest ass kisser email Ive ever read LMAO! :lol2:

jAkUp
10-11-04, 05:08 PM
:( None of you understand my love for Gabe... none of you!!!!!!!!!! (Although he is still behind John Carmack on the love o meter ;))

FierceDeityLink
10-11-04, 05:16 PM
Hrm, it seems that the piracy of Counter-Strike: Source was a nail-in-the-coffin, as neither Half-Life 2 nor Masquerades: Bloodlines has multiplayer. I don't want to sound pessimistic, but of the gamers "in-the-know", I'd think that more of them would download games if they're largely single-player. Because it's SP, there should be a less need for patches, and since Counter-Strike: Source was cracked, it's very likely that Half-Life 2 will be foiled by the same method (after all, it was the source engine files that were cracked).

I've already got my gold package reserved, too. It's kind of a shame, because with Counter-Strike: Source being so quickly cracked (I guess the beta served as training), it leaves little incentive for questionable buyers to order the full game.

Meh, I think Steam could use some server to client authentication (and vice versa). Just lock out the games if the client can't verify an encrypted code, or maybe if the client can't confirm the hash marks of the main source engine files.

GamerGuyX
10-11-04, 05:16 PM
Yor last names Freeman? What a coincidence! Talking to Gabe and your last name is the same as the main character in his games! (foshiz)

jAkUp
10-11-04, 05:21 PM
Yea I know :) That is l33t ;)

gmontem
10-11-04, 05:40 PM
:( None of you understand my love for Gabe... none of you!!!!!!!!!! (Although he is still behind John Carmack on the love o meter ;))
I completely understand your love for Gabe. After all the guy has a lot of surface area to love. :nanahump: :nanahump: :nanahump:

WeReWoLf
10-11-04, 06:00 PM
jakup, how the hell can you love Gabe when you have a very HOT CHICK as ur missus? John Carmack i can understand, but Gabe Newell? COME ON!

S.I.N
10-11-04, 06:05 PM
jakup, how the hell can you love Gabe when you have a very HOT CHICK as ur missus? John Carmack i can understand, but Gabe Newell? COME ON!

Thats his sister man. (spit)