PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Stutter?

arise
10-08-04, 10:29 AM
Do any of you experience mouse stutter in desktop mode, independent/related to particular driver builds?
I tried both 61.77 and 66.81 and my problem is still there...

Recently MSI has adressed a so-called "stop and go" behaviour on its 6800U cards by releasing a new BIOS update.

thx for ideas

PS - if you're experiencing no stutter at all, please post the card type and driver build u're using. thx.

_Pablo
10-08-04, 02:35 PM
Leadtek 6800GT (Flashed with 6800U BIOS)
Forceware 66.81 (Previously 61.77)
XP Pro SP2
Intellipoint 5.20.413

Never noticed any stutter...that doesn't help you though!

RCube
10-08-04, 04:23 PM
Try turning off hardware acceleration by one notch. It will disable hardware cursor. See if that helps.

Also I think my mouse have been better since I switched to USB mode from PS2,

arise
10-08-04, 09:26 PM
whats the point of having a poll when u get almost 100 views but only 12 votes.......

Saintster
10-08-04, 11:54 PM
Arise, I was getting mouse lockup with any other driver except the 61.77,so natually i stay with them. The newest drivers the 66.81 i believe,were locking my entire system up when playing games. max payne 2 would load and freeze so bad I would have to reboot. The 61.77 everything runs great from the mouse to the games! Riva tuner is a good tweak that I just got into also.So for me it was trying all 6 series drivers and coming full circle with the 61.77. There are some other betas out there if you want to try them! Good luck!

TiTaNiUm
10-09-04, 04:05 PM
Dont know if it's anything. i was reading the thread about render frames ahead option, and it was mentioned if you set this to high it will cause mouse lag and even keyboard lag, do you change this or do you leave it at default 3?

Cheeseh
10-10-04, 09:55 AM
You're not using the Nvidia overclocking toolkit thing are you? I got mouse stutters and everything when It was running between each update of the program while it was running... Another thing may be mobo chipset drivers

arise
10-10-04, 10:45 AM
You're not using the Nvidia overclocking toolkit thing are you? I got mouse stutters and everything when It was running between each update of the program while it was running... Another thing may be mobo chipset drivers

im using the coolbits 2 registry entries if that's what u mean...but the card is not overclocked.

subbo
10-10-04, 07:50 PM
No stutter probs: MSI 6800GT @ 398/1090 + 66.70

Mouse stutter on desktop? Have to admit in all my computing years I dont think I've seen that.

aAv7
10-10-04, 09:15 PM
I've noticed stuttering in Far Cry with every 66.xx driver.

Ruined
10-11-04, 12:57 AM
If you have ICQ PRO 2003a installed, get rid of it, it causes stuttering

arise
10-11-04, 03:13 AM
Mouse stutter on desktop? Have to admit in all my computing years I dont think I've seen that.

tell me about it :)

i'm really starting to suspect it has something to do with Firefox or Flash...sounds weird but...i've seen many strange things.

no i don't have ICQ...i use Trillian.

Cheeseh
10-11-04, 02:09 PM
I mean that NVidia Utility thing, anyway most of my stutter problems I think are caused by memory timings or something.. I get very small jitters in games or playing music sometimes, but they don't happen very often, I think it's just a sync problem

arise
10-11-04, 02:52 PM
I mean that NVidia Utility thing, anyway most of my stutter problems I think are caused by memory timings or something.. I get very small jitters in games or playing music sometimes, but they don't happen very often, I think it's just a sync problem

what utility thing? be more explicit please...
i guess you can call them jitters too, it seems to jitter everything what im doing (voice chat, music listening, mouse movement)..they all freeze for like a very very short time...then go back to normal...

Cheeseh
10-13-04, 12:47 PM
That thing im talking about: http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility_1.08.5.html

My pc is stuttering while playing music as I write... every so often, quite short. Gonna boot into bios in a sec, TBH I think it's Microsoft's visual studio, anytime I run it, argh!!!. I'm not using the utility though, but I had these stutters when not playing music or anything while using it when it updated every second or so.

My bro's pc is the worst, his stutters like hell. He's using the MSI KM2M motherboard using onboard S3 prosavage DDR graphics. Only if the video drivers are installed does it stutter though, if using win XP default graphics drivers it doesn't happen.

GravY
10-14-04, 01:07 PM
I have no issue with mouse stuttering..

arise
10-16-04, 05:02 AM
ok, after more than a week, we got 500 views, 40+ votes and around 10% of the voters do have stuttering in 2D only, interestingly enough more than in 3D...

10%....makes me feel better. Is anyone bothered to try to narrow it down to something?

iwbs
10-16-04, 07:41 AM
i have had stutter in certain 3d games....dun have it at 2D at all

cfgface
10-17-04, 10:31 PM
I also have the stutter problem when im on the desktop. It's not THAT noticeable but you can definately tell. I upgraded from a GF4 Ti4200 which i had no problems with. I have a Gainward 5700 Ultra and I've used both the 52.16 and 61.77 drivers and the problem is on both. If anyone could figure out why this is happening it would be greatly appreciated.

bkswaney
10-17-04, 11:10 PM
No Problems here. Using a logitech MX500 mouse and 66.70's.

cfgface
10-18-04, 02:48 PM
I'm using a Logitech MX510. I found out that everything is fine untill i run RefreshForce. I don't know why that would have anything to do with it but I'll check to see if theres a new version out. Only thing it could be is either that or ExperTool program that comes with Golden Sample Gainward cards.

arise
10-20-04, 09:49 AM
using an MX500 USB but no Logitech drivers, just the default XP ones.
strange thing: i overclocked my 2.6C to 3.0GHz and the stuttering is gone :)

stuttering = very brief lockups actually, sound was looping, mouse was stuck, etc...

twilight zone stuff...