PDA

View Full Version : Green textures in Generals Zero Hour

H3avyM3tal
10-08-04, 01:38 PM
Whats up?
I hae this problem and I don't know what to do.
Whats with the whole green?! the textures are gone, and all thats left is just green...

lamarodom007
10-08-04, 04:58 PM
I have the same problem just like yours. particularly in Hl2 stress test and cs source. I think its bug for forceware. dun worry about it that much. cant wait to have next whql driver.

MasterBates
05-05-05, 05:47 AM
It seems as they do know it over at EA, but I just recently upgraded my graphicscard from a 5900Ultra to a 6800Ultra and everything was very smooth, drivers recognised the card and installed like a charm. I was running the official drivers 71.89 with the 5900Ultra and there were no green textures in the game. Then after installing the 6800Ultra it still ran good, no green stuff, but then I installed some other drivers from ASUS(my new card is from them, the ASUS enhanced drivers) that should be installed before using som of their other software, then all after a reboot I got green textures in my Zero Hour, damn software and Asus drivers, removed everything and I still had the green stuff. Even tried to repair windows, new install, nothing works with the new drivers from Nvidia.
Then my search started to find if it was the Nvidia drivers or the game, but the strange thing is that the original "Generals" works fine with new Nvidia drivers. After som searching I found that the old 61.77 drivers cured the green textures in Zero Hour, so that was good, but what about when you play newer games that needs the newer drivers enhancements?

MasterBates
05-13-05, 11:38 AM
UPDATE to green textures.

I just found out that it is the 1.04 patch and the drivers newer than 61.77 where there's the problems with the green textures.

Everything looks fine with the old 1.03 and all Nvidia drivers, so who is to blame :D

Shamrock
05-13-05, 10:10 PM
do yourself a favor, uninstall and go buy Act of War...SO much better! I did, I am not looking back either, yes AOW IS that good!

MasterBates
05-14-05, 10:53 PM
Well, after fiddeling around alot with drivers, clean OS install and so on it seems like it's a driver bug. The missing textures is also there with the 1.03 patch. sigh!

And that thing about go buying another game, that's not the solution to getting a game to run good.

explodingendy
05-15-05, 10:25 PM
do yourself a favor, uninstall and go buy Act of War...SO much better! I did, I am not looking back either, yes AOW IS that good!

That's because Dale Brown wrote the story line ;)

red_star
05-16-05, 12:51 PM
I'm having green textures in KOTOR I...