PDA

View Full Version : EVGA 6800 ultra question

zoth
10-08-04, 05:42 PM
Hi, I'm about to purchase a new 6800 ultra card, and I decided to go with the EVGA product. Can anyone give me any pros or cons of this card,or any problems I might have with it.

Little info..

I'm not going to OC the card at all
MY case is a full tower with a good amount of fans in it

If anyone has purchased one of the other brand name cards can you give me the pros and cons on those as well, it would really help me out, thanks.

quicksilver64
10-08-04, 06:14 PM
check mine out here.... http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38360

Pretty good overclock I must say. But since you don't overclock, then any 6800 ultra is fine honestly... Only thing is it's only 1 year warranty... but by that time.... it'll be time for a new card.... never had problems with mine at all.. Just get a good PSU cuz my Sparkle 400 watt couldn't handle it at all.... now I have a 520 watt Powerstream.

john19055
10-08-04, 09:26 PM
I would get a new one instead of that one because you will have your warranty and I have a Evga 6800Ultra and it a great card ,shame you want be overclocking because they over clock great.

kahloq
10-08-04, 09:47 PM
Hi, I'm about to purchase a new 6800 ultra card, and I decided to go with the EVGA product. Can anyone give me any pros or cons of this card,or any problems I might have with it.

Little info..

I'm not going to OC the card at all
MY case is a full tower with a good amount of fans in it

If anyone has purchased one of the other brand name cards can you give me the pros and cons on those as well, it would really help me out, thanks.

BFG 6800U OC is my recommendation. LIFETIME warranty :) Some ppl keep their cards longer then one year...especailly if they have multiple pcs in thier house to move the card to the next pc upon getting a newer one.

zoth
10-08-04, 10:53 PM
Kahloq, I beleieve I'm going to go with the BFG..just because I have almost identical specs to you're computer. I also have the Alenware model you have, and since I know it works in you're system with that powersupply,I know it will work with mine.

Thanks all for helping out :)

*edit* I just noticed you changed out you're powersupply. Was there a problem with the 420 watt one you had before?
In the powersupply thread you said it was working fine with the ALienware 420 wat PS you had in it. Do you run into any problems?

kahloq
10-09-04, 02:45 PM
Kahloq, I beleieve I'm going to go with the BFG..just because I have almost identical specs to you're computer. I also have the Alenware model you have, and since I know it works in you're system with that powersupply,I know it will work with mine.

Thanks all for helping out :)

*edit* I just noticed you changed out you're powersupply. Was there a problem with the 420 watt one you had before?
In the powersupply thread you said it was working fine with the ALienware 420 wat PS you had in it. Do you run into any problems?

No the 420 was fine....especially if your not gonna overclock. Keep in mind, I have a LOT of stuff in my case so I bought the OCZ for headroom cuz I do overclock from time to time. I did have the 420 in there when I first got the Ultra and it worked flawlessly.

jAkUp
10-09-04, 02:47 PM
I have an EVGA also, I wish I had a BFG. I've had a few problems with the BIOS of my card, and the thermal pads they use under the heatsinks are terrible.