PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte GA-7ZXE Problems

joltcola
11-10-02, 12:40 AM
Got a gigbyte 7zxe mobo , with amd 1.0 ghz cpu, with WinXP Pro, and are running into some problems.

1. Anytime you ask the system to shut down, when it gets to the point that it would usually turn off on any other machine, it'll just restart. Have to hold down the power button to get it to shut off.

2. After I installed a new GeForce 3 Ti450 Gainward, I've been getting a few errors. I get an error right when I reach the desktop. Windows tells me it recovered from a critical error. <shrug>
Then, when playing a game , usually a few minutes into it, it'll cut back to the desktop with no error and no perticular reason.

3. And the system just randomly restarting it self.

I've checked to make sure everything is setup hardware wise on the motherboard, and I don't see anything wrong.

I've seen posts in the past about Gigabyte problems , especialy with random restarts, but wasn't able to find one on the forums I read.

Any help would be great... thanks

--- Jolt Cola

thcdru2k
11-10-02, 01:07 AM
PCI sound card vendor's PCB layout no good, so this device cannot supported ACPI 1.0 complient, end user can replace another one PCI sound card vendor, or set up "PME Event Wake Up" item from "Enabled" to "Disabled".

found this using google. good luck.

joltcola
11-10-02, 02:51 AM
thcdru2k ,

thanks for the info.. i'll go try that out.. see what happens

thank you very much!!!

Also... can you tell me what you did to get a benchmark score like that? I've got a similar system.. but not overclocked yet.

-- Jolt Cola

thcdru2k
11-10-02, 09:51 AM
basically, i made sure i am using the latest drivers, and bios. that would be the latest via, and det 41.03. i tweaked my bios. my memory is running 33mhz higher than my actually fsb. it is also at timings of 2/3/3. i enabled agp4x, sba, and fw using geforcetweakutility. everything other videocard settings is at default.