PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City

Nephilim
11-10-02, 12:14 AM
Okay, so I picked up GTA Vice City.

Hooooleeee **poop**!!

I didn't think it could get much better than GTA3. Boy was I WRONG!

Just to give you an idea here are the actors playing some of the characters.

Ray Liotta (!!)
Tom Sizemore
Burt Reynolds
Dennis Hopper (!!)
Gary Busey (!!)
Lee Majors (yes, "The Six Million Dollar Man" Lee Majors)
Fairuza Balk (yum)
Deborah Harry (Singer for Blonde)
Jenna Jameson (yes, THE Jenna Jameson)

...but that isn't even the best part!

It gets better! The music! Here's some of the bands featured in the soundtrack (which you can buy seperately in a 6(!!) disc boxed set).

Gary Numan
Mötley Crüe
Blonde
The Human League
Tears for Fears
A Flock of Seagulls
Psychedelic Furs
Iron Maiden
Twisted Sister (YES!!)
The Cult
Ozzy Osborne
Tesla
Autograph
Megadeth
Anthrax
Slayer (YES!!)
Judas Priest (YES!!)
David Lee Roth
Michael Jackson
Kool & the Gang
INXS
Go West
Wang Chung

There is a TON more bands

Yes, it is ALL 80's stuff. Plus, this time around, there's TWO talk radio stations and both are funny as hell.

You can also buy a strip club and make money daily from it!

This rocks balls. :D :cool: :D

The Baron
11-10-02, 12:19 AM
I heard Philip Michael Thomas was in it...

you know, Tubbs. From Miami Vice. :D

Nephilim
11-10-02, 12:20 AM
He is!

Hehehehe

The Baron
11-10-02, 12:47 AM
Tom Sizemore

Speaking of Tom Sizemore, have you seen Robbery Homicide Division? The guy's so good in it it's scary--it's an INTENSE cop show. No personal lives, nothing like that. Just the cop stuff.

I Like It! :p

Nephilim
11-10-02, 12:57 AM
Damn, I'll have to check that out.

stncttr908
11-10-02, 11:29 AM
I've been a Tom Sizemore fan ever since Saving Private Ryan, the best film ever created. But I've never watch that show, I'll have to check it out.

ragejg
11-12-02, 07:25 AM
Is this out for PC? Or just PS2?

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

thcdru2k
11-12-02, 07:27 AM
just like original gta for first few months only for ps2. however pc one is in the works.

sytaylor
11-12-02, 10:47 AM
damn its sold out eeeeeevrywhere here :(

fishlung
11-12-02, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I dig the game quite a lot. It actually makes me wax nostalgia about the '80s... :cool: Hehe

***CENSORED***
11-12-02, 08:41 PM
A deal with Sony actually forbids them to port games to PC until 2004!:eek: :mad: :( :( :(

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

thcdru2k
11-12-02, 09:09 PM
g7hw6p9375pfj98suj6husl3hijlgyrg65w74s stupid sony

WCG
11-13-02, 06:29 AM
Actually their deal with sony forbids them from porting to any other console system. PC wasn't in that deal :).

stncttr908
11-13-02, 10:56 AM
They're making a mistake by keeping it a PS2 exclusive. No game is good enough to plunk down $250+ for, for a system, memory card, and the game.

sytaylor
11-13-02, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
They're making a mistake by keeping it a PS2 exclusive. No game is good enough to plunk down $250+ for, for a system, memory card, and the game.

hmm dunno considering the ps2 now has a reasonable catalogue of games its worth it imho

PsychoSy
11-13-02, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
I've been a Tom Sizemore fan ever since Saving Private Ryan, the best film ever created. But I've never watch that show, I'll have to check it out.

Hell, I liked Tommy ever since his role in The Relic, but its a wonder he lived through it - he was really deep into drugs early in his film carreer (which didn't end until De Niro actually showed up on his porch with Tommy's mom and gave him two choices - Betty Ford or Crowbar Hilton!). His drug problem was so bad that Spielbergh repeatedly said that he'd reshoot "Saving Private Ryan" entirely if he ever once failed a drug test, so Tommy's acting in that movie is a stone, cold, clean Tommy. The result was his best acting performance to date.

If I recall the details correctly, he's been tapped to play the role of "Owen Underhill" in the silver-screen adapation of the Stephen King novel "Dreamcatcher".

And the family resemblence he has with my brother is so unnerving. Whenever I see Tommy grinning in a movie, my first thought is always, "Is that Jody on TV?!?!" and I have to do a double take just to make sure. :eek: :p

It's just wierd.

sytaylor
11-14-02, 03:27 PM
i got this game today and to say its blown my socks off is an understatement... the acting and plot makes the whole game flow a hella smoother, its more complete, its even got its own year!

***CENSORED***
11-14-02, 07:08 PM
My previous statement isn't completely confirmed

*crosses fingers* :)

thcdru2k
11-14-02, 10:21 PM
those who have played the original gta 3 , mafia, and vice city. is vice city better than mafia?

sytaylor
11-15-02, 01:26 AM
very different games, mafia is very chopped up into small missions with no sub plots reeeeally (or from what ive played)... its "do this this way and you pass"... vice city you can do things dirty or clean and effeciant and if you get bored you can go terrorise homneless bums :D