PDA

View Full Version : How long now untill new drivers?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Trox
10-09-04, 02:52 PM
My previous card was the ATI R9700 pro, when i first bought it storys were that the ATI driver support was really poor and that nVidia driver support was far far better...
The cards have turned i see, 3 months and no official drivers released.

And there is a need for them :/

superklye
10-09-04, 03:44 PM
*ahem*

there's a whole driver forum with more information...

Trox
10-09-04, 04:11 PM
yea and its full of beta drivers :/

anzak
10-09-04, 04:37 PM
Why the hell do people care about WHQL or an official release. Beta drivers like the 65.53 give better IQ and better performance than the 61.77's. I have never encountered a singe bug with this driver.

SH64
10-09-04, 04:44 PM
As long as the current drivers are playing most games very well for me , i have no concerns of newer version although it will be good if we get them ASAP .
if you have certain issues with some games try the betas .. you wont lose anything . if anything gone wrong revert back .

besides .. thats nVIDIA's trend : wait some more time & get a rock-solid drivers .

Trox
10-10-04, 07:44 AM
The point is these drivers are Beta for a reason, and i paid 400 for a card that so far has really poor driver support

Thats whats annoying me tbh

subbo
10-10-04, 07:44 PM
Some of the beta drivers are kept "beta" only because nvidia is neglecting the older generation like the FX line, so they cant be used all-round.

I'm using the 66.70 with great success, absolutely no crashes or glitches in BFV, Doom3, CodUO, TribesV, SWBattlefront etc etc. I see no reason why you couldnt use these.

Ruined
10-10-04, 07:48 PM
My previous card was the ATI R9700 pro, when i first bought it storys were that the ATI driver support was really poor and that nVidia driver support was far far better...
The cards have turned i see, 3 months and no official drivers released.

And there is a need for them :/

Very simple...

Official Drivers (61.77)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

Beta Drivers (66.81)
ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/

enjoy :)

subbo
10-11-04, 10:55 AM
Wow nvida must be pretty happy with 66.81 to post them on their ftp :)

SmuvMoney
10-11-04, 11:25 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it is a good thing to see nVidia and ATi (not to bring them up but bear with) post their beta drivers on their respective web sites?

saturnotaku
10-11-04, 11:28 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it is a good thing to see nVidia and ATi (not to bring them up but bear with) post their beta drivers on their respective web sites?

Nope. :)

Let's not forget who it was that pioneered leaking/releasing beta drivers for public testing. ;)

Trox
10-11-04, 02:39 PM
66.81s give red lines in Counter Strike source in areas, check out the Cobble map with them :/ :)

All i want is decent non beta drivers, its been 3 months and its all i ask.

And yea subbo they must be happy with them soo happy that they havnt been made official :(

|JuiceZ|
10-11-04, 02:42 PM
I see you're new but is it that hard to post a driver question in the driver forum?

Trox
10-11-04, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the transport :)

jAkUp
10-11-04, 02:56 PM
Yes I have problems with the latest beta drivers and cs source as well. This whole driver thing is getting a little ridiculous. NVIDIA is getting really bad in their driver department IMO.

msxyz
10-11-04, 03:33 PM
61.77 drivers don't seem to be WHQL for older cards. I believe that WinXP SP2 includes the latest WHQL driver for older generation of NV cores which is 56.xx

CaiNaM
10-11-04, 08:30 PM
i've had minor issues with every beta tried.. still back to 6177. add me to the list of those who would certainly like a newer, finished official driver.

daos
10-12-04, 01:23 AM
man, switching from an Ati owner to an nVidia owner is really tough to get used to. i was used to getting official drivers every month. i hope nVidia gets back into the action with driver development like they used to be. when i owned my Ti200 thier driver support was untouchable.

i just hope it gets back to that...

Arioch
10-12-04, 11:31 AM
man, switching from an Ati owner to an nVidia owner is really tough to get used to. i was used to getting official drivers every month. i hope nVidia gets back into the action with driver development like they used to be. when i owned my Ti200 thier driver support was untouchable.

i just hope it gets back to that...

I can sort of understand where you are coming from after owning a X800XT PE for a short while and a 9700/9800 Pro for a few years before that. I will say that I find the 61.77 drivers to hold up pretty well and I am definitely experiencing less issues with Nvidia drivers than with ATI's in general.

Trox
10-12-04, 05:28 PM
61.77s hold up pritty well eh?
they're alot slower in CS S and in other games, not to mention 3dmark 2005, also they show Artifacts in the 2nd Game test and in one of the Warhammer maps which i cant remember the name off.

Thing is Beta drivers have issues thats why they are Beta, 61.77 drivers may have done the job well when the card got released but right now?? They are a little out dated.

We need official support!

imo :)

Superfly
10-12-04, 06:28 PM
they are working hard dude.

I know this, you know...............

daos
10-12-04, 06:42 PM
I can sort of understand where you are coming from after owning a X800XT PE for a short while and a 9700/9800 Pro for a few years before that. I will say that I find the 61.77 drivers to hold up pretty well and I am definitely experiencing less issues with Nvidia drivers than with ATI's in general.

yeah, i have tried several suites, and resorted back to the 61.77. they seem to be the most stable of the bunch. although, i did find out where the majority of my problems were stemming from. i had installed the latest VIA drivers without disabling the AGP driver while having SP2 installed. supposedly, SP2 is now the dictator of when and how the AGP driver gets updated. it was causing all kinds of problems anywhere from random reboots to BSODs.

fluKe_666
10-12-04, 06:48 PM
yeah, i have tried several suites, and resorted back to the 61.77. they seem to be the most stable of the bunch. although, i did find out where the majority of my problems were stemming from. i had installed the latest VIA drivers without disabling the AGP driver while having SP2 installed. supposedly, SP2 is now the dictator of when and how the AGP driver gets updated. it was causing all kinds of problems anywhere from random reboots to BSODs.

Really? Any more info on this, I am using an nForce chipset with the nForce AGP drivers and I'm having a lot of problems with drivers from nVidia crashing and BSODing my PC. Any info you found out would be great thanks.

FD76
10-14-04, 12:11 PM
omg.. wish they would hurry up and come out with some..

Trox
10-15-04, 02:13 PM
Roll on new drivers, at long last :/