PDA

View Full Version : Leatdteks NU

adpr 02
10-10-04, 02:47 PM
I have been hearing LOTS of people saying that leadtek's suk, but they didn't post any reasons. I ALSO heard lots of people saying that other manufacturers such as ASUS and CHAINTEC also suck. I am wondering if it is something wrong with the manufacturers themselves, or with the cards. If there is something wrong with them, can someone please post some reasons? Overall, I think that this card is not that reliable, and that it is by chance that you get a bum one. I wonder if it is the same for the x800 series...

ragejg
10-10-04, 02:54 PM
:rolleyes:

It's just people talkin crap, man... it's the same for any other hobby populated with fanbois and uninformed, snap-decision anger driven purchasers...

All of these manufacturers make a quality product, IMO... All have top quality manufacturing processes and similar quality control standards.

:)

ragejg
10-10-04, 02:59 PM
Ok, I thought about this some more, and I do think it's safe to say that some manufacturers for the 6800NU model might use slower ram and/or lower quality capacitors on the PCB, leading to not-as-good overclocks... and those "not so great" overclocks peeve people expecting results other than what they got.

EciDemon
10-10-04, 04:27 PM
Ive red that some gainward 6800(nu) cards came with the wrong bios so it had less pipes enabled (same as with the LE version). They did however release an update to fix this.

I also red here at this board about some guy who bought GT card and it was a "Light" version gt yet he still payed full price and it didnt say anything about it on the site. Nvidia never released a Light GT reference so thats an odd move I think.

Things like this would make me very mad. I want what I payed for and not some light version due to what ever reasons.

I have a Point of View 6800 (nu) and Im very happy with it. I has the reference cooler but it OC very good and the hidden pipes can be enabled with the new rivatuner. Some extra speed for free is always nice :)

Timothyb
10-11-04, 01:21 AM
I have the Leadtek 6800nu, seems fine to me. I can play games at 400/900. Though, I get that odd freeze that lasts for bit, then unlocks like you see in other threads. Though, I played at 380/875 in D3 and never had a single problem.

I think the leadtek is a good deal, especially their heatsink and bundle, plus they include every wire you'd ever need (S-video, s-video to analog, analog cable, vga adapter, and power cord). Compared to some manufacturers like the PNY I bought at compusa, only came with a s-video and vga adapter in the box, oh and the power cord, but no way to convert it to analog video. It also didn't even have a driver cd let alone any bundle. Then the PNY card had crappy picture quality at 1600*1200 on my 21inch CRT, very fuzzy, but the Leadtek looked great at that res, just like my old 9700pro. Oh, and the PNY box was thin flimsy material, while the Leadtek was a think tough box.

Also, at my 400/900 overclock I got 9997 in 3Dmark03. Forgot what my 05 score was, 3850 something.