PDA

View Full Version : CS Source benchmark at Xbit

K007
10-11-04, 02:23 AM
Discuss.

It seems nvidia cards are doing well...considered nvidia cards are doing extremely well in Doom3, we dont see the same effect here where we normally expect ati to be leading by a huge lead against nvidia...i am quiet impressed :), considering the bs drivers for ati boosts the 3dmark05 score by a 1000 points...we dont see that here :)

Well done nvidia :D

I am quiet happy to see the GT is beating the pro, it defeantly was a bang for buck video card :D

Omega53
10-11-04, 02:26 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38456

K007
10-11-04, 02:35 AM
Son of a...sorry..

Warden13
10-11-04, 07:49 AM
considering the bs drivers for ati boosts the 3dmark05 score by a 1000 points...we dont see that here :)

I just find it amusing that everyon has been claiming these are BS drivers by ATI since they boost the score so much. The PCI-Express version of the card already had these types of scores and was not affected by the drivers so it seems as if ATI's claim that the drivers fixed a memory management issue on AGP cards is true. Additionally, Nvidi came out with the 66.xx drivers at the same time that "miraculously" boosted their scores by about 600-700 points but no one wants to talk about that? What's even worse is the fact that 80% of the people that have used the 66.xx series for 3DMark05 have reverted to the 65.xx series for gaming because of the poor image quality and stability issues in the 66.xx series.

I'm generally very happy with my GT but Nvidias driver development has been absolutely terrible for the past 6-8 months and continues to be terrible. I know a lot of people say "who cares if it's WHQL" certified but I can tell you that out office absolutely refues any non-WHQL software at all.... which explains why our work systems are all fitted with ATI cards at the moment.

Warden

MUYA
10-11-04, 08:09 AM
No need for this thread to be kept open when AthlonXP alreasy had started one way before.