PDA

View Full Version : CASE Problems

keith33
10-11-04, 03:19 PM
After a few months of living with crazy temperatures for my 6800 Ultra (75 celsius after farcry warms up my puny student apartment); I've decided to get a new case to give it some more room. I had to remove my back-up hard drive in my Antec Lanboy because the 6800 was so long it got in the way of the 3.5 inch bays. I need a case with decent cooling, relatively quiet, and obviously something that can fit my old WD160GB ATA133 inside along with my 2 raptors and my 6800 Ultra. (The rest of my specs are in my signature). I've narrowed it down to either the Coolermaster Wave Master, Thermaltake Tsunami, or Thermaltake Shark. Does anyone have any experiences with similar hardware and these cases??? Also, what's your recommendation for a case I should get (whether it's in my list or not). Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot.

|JuiceZ|
10-11-04, 03:49 PM
What's your budget?

keith33
10-11-04, 03:53 PM
Probably around $130 - $200 US (I plan to use my Thermaltake 480W PS with it)

Riptide
10-11-04, 04:36 PM
Well you can get a tsunami for as little as $103+ship at newegg last I checked. That's w/no power supply or case window. The tsunami isn't a real big case though, if you want room go for a lian li pc62 or something like that.

-=DVS=-
10-11-04, 08:06 PM
Gotta recommend my case only ~65$ (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&catalog=7&manufactory=1960&DEPA=1) Front and Back 120mm fans and one 80mm side , Mid Tower i think , comes in black and silver , fans are quieter then my Stock CPU fan :D as extra comes with leds , i just love it. Also got 2 thumb screws in the back ;) also you can flip side window and make side fan blow to your vid card or by defoult it blows at CPU. There is 2 USB 1 FireWire connectors on side near red/green leds.

Cons comes without manual , and need to buy extra 120mm fan for rear , (Front and side are installed already)

In the back you can install either two 80mm or one 120mm !

http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-196-002-01.JPG

kahloq
10-11-04, 10:41 PM
GO HERE:

www.voyeurmods.com

You can get a sweet customized case with whatever you want for very reasonable price. I bought a case from them for a build for the wife. Custom side window with actual molding instead of just standard clear panel. I payed $116 for the case I got, and has TWO side case fan positions, 2 back fans and 2 front fan positions. You can get the fans already isntalled and with LED's in them or UV as well as other mods. Go check them out.

Slyder
10-12-04, 01:06 AM
GO HERE:

www.voyeurmods.com

You wouldnt happen to know if there is a similar UK site ? These cases are sweet. :)