PDA

View Full Version : Which Manufacturers offer the best Warranties?

Subtestube
10-11-04, 05:44 PM
Just wondering - even though I've already got my card, I'm interested to see who else offers what. It might be helpful to people considering purchasing - especially considering the number of 6800s that people have killed/had die on them.

I'll start it off with....
Gigabyte 6800 NU (Ships with the wrong BIOS, but also ships with an in Windows auto flash bios from web util, and Gigabyte updated the BIOS online shortly after shipping): 3 Years.

|MaguS|
10-11-04, 05:49 PM
BFG: Lifetime but ****ty fan...
PNY: 1 Year unregistered, 3 Year Registered.

FastRedPonyCar
10-11-04, 05:59 PM
yeah bfg is lifetime no questions asked. send it up in flames and walk into best buy for a free replacement hahaha

Subtestube
10-11-04, 06:21 PM
Mmm.. I probably would've gone with a BFG card had they distributed to my part of the world [which they don't]. As it is, I like my passively cooled card. No worries about a fan dying, and no noise [from the card at least].

kahloq
10-11-04, 09:59 PM
BFG: Lifetime but ****ty fan...
PNY: 1 Year unregistered, 3 Year Registered.

Unless your specifying the BFG GT the fan is reference design on the Ultra and works quite well. The 2 small fans on the GT could have been made bigger, but the card(GT) doesnt run much hotter then a reference design GT.

ANd yes, BFG is lifetime. I have a BFG 6800Ultra and a BFG 6800GT

bkswaney
10-11-04, 10:07 PM
BFG hands down. :)

INGlewood78
10-12-04, 02:35 AM
yeah bfg is lifetime no questions asked. send it up in flames and walk into best buy for a free replacement hahaha

You can do that? I thought you would have to send it in to BFG.

vläd
10-12-04, 07:53 AM
On a similar note, Gainward dropped their warranty from three years on their previous cards to one year for their 6800s.

I wasn't real happy when I found that out. :argh:

Chippy
10-12-04, 08:07 AM
Unless your specifying the BFG GT the fan is reference design on the Ultra and works quite well. The 2 small fans on the GT could have been made bigger, but the card(GT) doesnt run much hotter then a reference design GT.

ANd yes, BFG is lifetime. I have a BFG 6800Ultra and a BFG 6800GT

I have a BFG GT that came with the reference fan. I replaced it with a VGA Silencer, but to be honest I wonder if it was worth the hassle:

1. The VGA Silencer is quieter, but on the other hand, I couldn't actually hear the stock fan anyway, so why did I bother?

2. The VGA Silencer has dropped the load temps down by around 10C. On the other hand, the max overclock is identical to what it was before... and the load temps before were "only" 80C maximum (and often less than that), which was OK anyway.

I would be perfectly happy with a BFG GT with the stock fan... and therefore a lifetime warranty!

Chip