PDA

View Full Version : AA and Artifacts

arise
10-11-04, 05:51 PM
Playing Richard Burns Rally using any kind of AA (2x to 8x) and regardless of the AF level (2x to 16x) i get funny dark "horizontal" lines like these.

Had the 66.81 drivers, now tried the 65.73s and it helped a tiiiiiiny bit i think...but artifacts are still there. What causes them and how do i get rid of them?

System is a P4 2.6C, 1GB PC3500 (4x256), Asus P4P800, BFG 6800GT OC (@default 370/1000), 350W Enermax, Audigy2, etc...

thx for feedback

myshkinbob
10-11-04, 08:10 PM
alt-tabbing out of the game then back fixes the AA texture edge lines for cs:s, but i don't think it'll work for rbr, i've beat it twice on pro and rookie, so many hours played, and whenever i tried to tab out of it, i could never tab back, just got a black screen. However some people can tab out and back with the game, so it's either the 6800gt that doesn't like me doing that in rbr, or the cpu/mobo. Try it and see if it'll work for you.

arise
11-05-04, 10:58 AM
just in case anyone is interested how this turned out: the readme.txt of the latest patch states that the effect above occurs only when AA or AF are enabled from the driver set instead from within the game.

Therefore leave it to "application preference" and select AA and AF from the game itself.

Done