PDA

View Full Version : So @ 450 core my load temps are 72*C...

Omega53
10-11-04, 09:18 PM
Yet in benchmarks I get artifacts. Games are fine. Should I worry about this and downclock or keep running my current clocks. My load temps never go above 72*C and im using rivatuner's hardware monitor to keep track. What should I do?

bkswaney
10-11-04, 09:21 PM
Yet in benchmarks I get artifacts. Games are fine. Should I worry about this and downclock or keep running my current clocks. My load temps never go above 72*C and im using rivatuner's hardware monitor to keep track. What should I do?

450 is just more than your core can handle.
Most GT's will not do that high on core.

MUYA
10-11-04, 09:53 PM
hmm could it be memory related artifacts?

Omega53
10-11-04, 10:11 PM
hmm could it be memory related artifacts?

Happens regardless of memory speeds so I doubt it. Artifacts normally consist of flashing textures in benchmarks like the turtles shell in 3dmark03. They only happen in benches, ive never seen artifacts in games.

kahloq
10-11-04, 10:16 PM
Happens regardless of memory speeds so I doubt it. Artifacts normally consist of flashing textures in benchmarks like the turtles shell in 3dmark03. They only happen in benches, ive never seen artifacts in games.

Core is clocked slightly too high. Temps might be good, but if the core cant keep up, thats where you get the artifacts. Downclock it a few mhz. You dont wanna risk burning it out. Just because the temps look fine, that may not stop it from ceasing at an clock it has trouble with.

mattkenn_4545
10-11-04, 10:31 PM
One thing to try is to make sure that it isn't throttling back when you start playing games. You can usually tell if it's happening if after a minute or so if there is a pause and then things conntinues like normal but the core has droped to the default. You can test this by looking at the main tab in rivatuner under target adapter -> Customize -> low level system settings, this tells what the true clocks are not what the drivers are set to.

Marcos
10-12-04, 06:28 AM
:sniff sniff: does anyone smell that?

I think someones card is going to blow up. ;)

Annihlist
10-12-04, 06:31 AM
try a 1.5v volt mod, got rid of my artifacts :)

Fahim
10-12-04, 02:20 PM
nicr for you. But i don't think you need to overclock GT for games.........maybe for 3DMark05....

msxyz
10-12-04, 02:31 PM
Here are a few comparison screens. http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/painkiller/Painkiller/1/fx_comparison It seems that Dreamcatcher has added some eyecandy. Nothing to be too excited, though. I hope it will work also for SM 2.0 cards.