PDA

View Full Version : Got a new 6800 :D

FastRedPonyCar
10-13-04, 01:46 AM
hahah glad you guys enjoyed my last thread.

best buy handed me a replacement 6800gt this afternoon, no questions asked. I win.

And to all of you nay sayers out there, how many of you are running at the STOCK speed? anyone? That's what I though. :rolleyes:

archevilangel
10-13-04, 01:51 AM
congrats on returning a perfectly good card

XP_GUN
10-13-04, 01:55 AM
Well yeah du what would you expect, I could go into frys with a burned out overclocked cpu a week later after I bought it and said that it just stoped working and they would just give me a new one and put the burned out one back on the shelf to try to sell it and yes they do do that, someone was returning a cdrw and the thing had more than 6 return slips with the box all being torn up and it saying cds missing instructions missing and cables missing etc :rolleyes:

Tell us how fast you can get it to....

Xav
10-13-04, 04:49 AM
It's not whether anyone is running the cards at stock...what's upsetting everyone is the fact you wrote BFG and told them the card was defective because you couldn't run it out of spec. You then proceeded to call them out on it and declared they suck because they wouldn't RMA the already OC'd card you bought from them that was working fine at advertised speeds.

THAT's why everyone wigged out. :bash:

Now I expect this thread will really get really interesting since you returned it for the exact same model...

crainger
10-13-04, 06:16 AM
I'll tell you what... This is one of the most sensible and mature communities around(Well most of the time... :) ), especially when it comes to professional gaming hardware. Its awesome, I'm glad I found my way here on my search for a new vid card.

FastRedPonyCar
10-13-04, 09:42 AM
the fact that the cd that came with it had an overclocking utility built in is what pisses me off. Why include it if it's going to void the warranty?? That's like a car dealership selling a kid a civic with a nitrous system installed only with an empty bottle...

That card ran perfectly for months at the speed in my sig with ZERO artifacts on hot days, heavy gaming, etc. Not a single problem. Then after I added the arctic silencer (yes it was installed correctly), the thing wigged out.

Not to mention all the reviews about the card (mainly [H]ardOCP) saying how great the card ran at a nice high overclock. It would lead one to believe that one could actually do this.

I read the warranty info in the new box and they seemed to have left out the part about overclocking. The fact that the product has overclock in it's name implies (to me) that the card is built for it, the install disk has a utility to do so, they tout a lifetime warranty..... what do you guys expect?

I didn't see overclocking voids the warranty so I thought I'd give their tech support a shot to see what they'd say. Either way, I knew best buy wouldn't care.

Marcos
10-13-04, 09:49 AM
dudes i totally spilt bong water all over my PNY 6800gt and they wouldnt replace it! What kind of **** is that I even washed it off for them and dried it with baby powder, what a bunch of a-holes.

odin20
10-13-04, 12:08 PM
so you screwed up putting the artic silencer on there and that is bfg's fault?
You said it ran fine before you put that silencer on. You are dispicable, sounds like you broke it so someone else can get it or the company gets it back after you messed with it. I hope they get it back and find out you messed with it and best buy charges you for it.
Best buy always makes you fill out a form when you return something for instances just like this. What a winner you are jesus.

Ruined
10-13-04, 12:31 PM

best buy handed me a replacement 6800gt this afternoon, no questions asked. I win.

And to all of you nay sayers out there, how many of you are running at the STOCK speed? anyone? That's what I though. :rolleyes:

I am.

Marcos
10-13-04, 12:53 PM
I am.

i am running stock as well, no need to OC yet

FastRedPonyCar
10-13-04, 02:55 PM
Best buy always makes you fill out a form when you return something for instances just like this.

:hmmm: I just walked up to the return desk, told them that it didn't work and they grabbed me a replacement.

When the warranty gestapo comes knocking at my door, I'll be sure to let you guys know. :rolleyes:

Pandora's Box
10-13-04, 03:22 PM
I am.

anzak
10-13-04, 04:45 PM
In your first thread you bitched and complain about how overclocking voids your warranty and you want a new card because your old one sucks at overclocking. Everyone knows that overclocking voids your warranty, you are running it at a higher speed than what it has been rated. Why should they give you a new card? Mine only overclocked to 385 artifact free at stock. Did I bitch, complain, and lie about how my card was defective to get a new one? No. Because it's WRONG.

That card ran perfectly for months at the speed in my sig with ZERO artifacts on hot days, heavy gaming, etc. Not a single problem. Then after I added the arctic silencer (yes it was installed correctly), the thing wigged out.

Obviously you did something to mess it up. The card worked fine before you ****ed with it.

I read the warranty info in the new box and they seemed to have left out the part about overclocking. The fact that the product has overclock in it's name implies (to me) that the card is built for it, the install disk has a utility to do so, they tout a lifetime warranty..... what do you guys expect?

I didn't see overclocking voids the warranty so I thought I'd give their tech support a shot to see what they'd say. Either way, I knew best buy wouldn't care.

Running a card overclocked can cause damage and or shorten the life span! Do you really expect them to warrant that?

What it boils down to is that you returned a perfectly good card and lied about it. To top it off your bragging about your accomplishment.

GamerGuyX
10-13-04, 04:56 PM
Me = (popcorn)

Pandora's Box
10-13-04, 06:40 PM
uh oh. **** hit the fan.

Subtestube
10-13-04, 06:42 PM
I run at stock speeds too.

Saintster
10-13-04, 09:33 PM
me too thats why i buy the top of the line and nothing else. Oc is fun but has cost me 1 rig already! Learned my lesson just buy the fastest rig every 18 months!

Shamrock
10-13-04, 11:09 PM

I AM! 370/1000...BFG's stock speeds

BTW, it's THOUGHT, not Though
:lame:

if you want, we can get MikeC to release this thread to Best buy, or BFG, with your name, location and IP, and they can take care of the matter. Even if you lied about your name, your IP you cant lie about, your ISP has the IP address recorded and who was on that specific address at that specific time...you're not out of the woods :)

Have a nice day

anzak
10-13-04, 11:37 PM

if you want, we can get MikeC to release this thread to Best buy, or BFG, with your name, location and IP, and they can take care of the matter. Even if you lied about your name, your IP you cant lie about, your ISP has the IP address recorded and who was on that specific address at that specific time...you're not out of the woods :)

Have a nice day

:lol2: Gee. I thought I was harsh.

bkswaney
10-13-04, 11:40 PM

Have a nice day

(newb) :lame: :bash:

Xav
10-14-04, 12:03 AM
uh oh. **** hit the fan.

Heh,my crystal ball was right :) Oh wait..didn't need the ball to see this one coming :angel2:

Lilkicker
10-14-04, 12:21 AM
"Through our very intense overclocking tests we found that we could overclock this card up to 425MHz core speed and 1.16GHz memory speed. Keep in mind a regular 6800Ultra is clocked at 400/1.1GHz. We have taken this card beyond the speed of a 6800Ultra and it is stable! GeForce 4 Titanium 4200 days indeed! Just remember, your mileage may vary. Just because we reached these speeds doesn’t mean you will on your card, but you can look and see what others are getting here, and it seems that our OC is no where near out of the norm for this GPU. All things considered, you should not have to be too lucky to at least be able to reach regular 6800Ultra clock speeds." (HardOCP, 6800gt review)

Now we know why cards cost so much. People returning them when there is nothing wrong. Thanks! :lame:

Lilkicker

Lilkicker
10-14-04, 12:26 AM
I found this on BFG's website.

BFG Tech Lifetime Warranty
BFG Technologies is proud to warrant the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. This warranty is valid if the product:

>> Was not damaged while being installed.
>> Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.
>> Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.
>> Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.
BFG Technologies' liability under this warranty, or in connection with any other claim relating to the Products, is limited to the repair or at BFG Technologies option, the replacement of the portion of the Products which were defective in material or workmanship.

You assume the risk of loss in transit and the returned Products shall be the sole property of BFG Technologies. BFG Technologies warrants the repaired or replaced Products will be free from defects in material or workmanship.

EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE, BFG Technologies MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR OTHERWISE ON THE PRODUCTS, OR ANY PARTS OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER LABOR FURNISHED.

BFG Technologies reserves the right to inspect and verify the defectiveness of any product returned. Please allow 48 hrs processing time once item has been received by BFG, and 3-5 days for shipping of the replacement product (shipped ground). This warranty does not apply to any software component.

I think that says it all.

Lilkicker

aAv7
10-14-04, 01:08 AM
I'm running stock speed as well....I like to keep my card safe until I absolutely need to OC.

ChrisRay
10-14-04, 01:29 AM
Flame thread about exploiting best Buys return policy.

Closed.