PDA

View Full Version : Flashing my BFG 6800 GT BIOS to Ultra.

EternalManifest
10-13-04, 11:41 AM
I was wondering exactly how to do this. I've been reading alot of the threads and I find alot of bits and pieces on how to do it but I was wondering if someone could be real specific on what to do and how to do it and making a back up of your cards BIOS etc etc.

Link me to a thread that has it if need be.

This is my rig:

AMD64bit 3000+ @ 2ghz | DFI LAN PARTY UT nF3 250Gb
1gig OCZ 3200 ram 2-3-2-10 | 80gig Wes Dig 8mb cache
GeForce 6800 GT @ 415/1095 | SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
Logitech 2.1 Z-2200's | Viewsonic 19" A90f+ UltraBrite CRT

EternalManifest
10-13-04, 01:24 PM
It's not so much that I want Ultra settings. I want Ultra settings stock, and then OC' past stock Ultra settings. I know some folks on another forum who've flashed there BIOS and are currently at 446/1150 or so.

Edit: Thanks for the link, good read.

saturnotaku
10-13-04, 01:36 PM
Every time there's a thread posted about this, God kills a kitten. :rw:

EternalManifest
10-13-04, 01:43 PM
I hate cats.

Ruined
10-13-04, 01:59 PM
Every time there's a thread posted about this, God kills a kitten. :rw:

was thinking of putting this in the minifaq i made, but I didn't because tbh i just don't think its smart to do, little to no benefit with risk.

EternalManifest
10-13-04, 02:05 PM
was thinking of putting this in the minifaq i made, but I didn't because tbh i just don't think its smart to do, little to no benefit with risk.

You were thinking of putting god kills a kitten in your minifaq? heh

FastRedPonyCar
10-13-04, 05:21 PM
you're asking for trouble. I didn't exactly fry a GT but I think i did damage it somehow that it wound't overclock nearly as well as when it was new. I didn't do any voltage mods but I did put the ASNV5 on there and that's when the problems started.

Don't be fooled by BFG tauting it's overclockabilty. Once you touch the clock speed, you've voided your warranty.
________
t series (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_T_series)

anzak
10-13-04, 05:45 PM
Don't be fooled by BFG tauting it's overclockabilty. Once you touch the clock speed, you've voided your warranty.

They run there GT's 20mhz overclocked from the regular 350mhz. That is why it's called the GT OC. That does not mean you are allowed to overclock MORE and keep your warranty.

FastRedPonyCar
10-13-04, 05:47 PM
yet we do it anyways. All the finger pointing is humerous.
________
buy vaporgenie (http://www.vaporshop.com/vaporgenie-vaporizer.html)

anzak
10-13-04, 05:49 PM
yet we do it anyways. All the finger pointing is humerous.

I don't think so. You returned a perfectly good card or one you ****ed up by trying to install AS5 on. That is your fault, not BFG's.

FastRedPonyCar
10-13-04, 05:53 PM
That is your fault, not BFG's.

Just like flashing the BIOS huh?
________
buy iolite (http://www.vaporshop.com/iolite-vaporizer.html)

anzak
10-13-04, 05:59 PM
Just like flashing the BIOS huh?

Yes, if my card was to **** up right now I would not be able to return it. That is the risk you take!

hypertek
10-13-04, 06:17 PM
my bfg didnt gain anything from flashing to ultra bios except mad overclock and killer 3dmark03 benchmark, but couldnt last thru a game, so its back to stock bios. My card cant even handle 1.4v mod. but it overclocks 415/1100 on stock.

EternalManifest
10-13-04, 06:17 PM
I never said anything about not voiding the warranty no where in this entire thread did I even make mention of warranties. So I don't know why it was brought up. I know what I did and the risks. I do this for fun, to learn, to enjoy my hobby, that is all. BTW, I'm not some schmuck who's gonna try and get a free card and RMA it if I screw something up along the lines. I accept OC'ing and mounting aftermarket coolers will void my warranty.

I think for now I'm going to stick with my 415/1095, and I don't know why everyone's having troubles with AS5 I mounted my Arctic Rev 5 no problems at all, and temps were lower then ever, and honestly since I got my new DFI LANPARTY UT board my comp has never run so well. I'll screw with the BIOS next year maybe. For now I'm going to enjoy it as is. I've had to many headaches these past few months getting this baby up and running.

Time to go OC my CPU, woot.