PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek A400 GT super hard to find

kasperisa
10-14-04, 09:30 AM
Does anyone have trouble finding the A400 GT card anywhere? I'm located in Ottawa, Canada... the supposedly 'silicon valley of the north' ... yah right. If it was there would be a computer store carrying this card.
Does anyone have one? Hows the performance. After reading all the reviews and looking at all the benchmarks, I understand that this card is really the monster of overclocking. You can overclock the GT faster then the stock of an ultra, WITH THE STOCK COOLER!!
Please let me know if anyone has any problems with this card.

Pandora's Box
10-14-04, 09:59 AM
the card is great imo. check out my idle temp:

http://img73.exs.cx/img73/9100/untitled406.jpg

I can overclock to 430 core, 1.15 memory. im limitted by my power supply i think though. ive never seen load temp hit 75C.

webmal
10-14-04, 10:21 AM
the card is great imo. check out my idle temp...

How many case fans are you using?

Webmal

mike2h
10-14-04, 10:31 AM
it is hard to find bacause there is none available. if you find one it will be a 'lite' vers - 350 core 450 mem. mine also has no co ability tospeak of either-360 core 480 mem.
leadtek has not shipped a 'reg' gt in 3 weeks. as of last night they still do not have any & apparentley do not know when they are getting any.

kasperisa
10-14-04, 11:25 AM
it is hard to find bacause there is none available. if you find one it will be a 'lite' vers - 350 core 450 mem. mine also has no co ability tospeak of either-360 core 480 mem.
leadtek has not shipped a 'reg' gt in 3 weeks. as of last night they still do not have any & apparentley do not know when they are getting any.

can you link your source for this information please?

I found a place in ottawa that said it can get one for me. I'll have to make sure it isn't a lite version. i'm hoping for what a GT is, a 350 core and 500 mem.

From the www.leadtek.com (http://) website. It shows only 4 different AGP models. and none of them are a 'GT lite' version.
WinFast A400 LE TDH 300/350 128 ddr
WinFast A400 TDH 325/350 128 ddr
WinFast A400 GT TDH 350/500 256 ddr3
WinFast A400 Ultra TDH 400/550 256 ddr3

There is no mention of a 'GT lite' anywhere.

Pandora's Box
10-14-04, 11:31 AM
How many case fans are you using?

Webmal

2 120mm.

mike2h
10-14-04, 11:46 AM
that is my point. leadtek does not list this card on their website. they also charge the same. i have one in my case. & have been in regular contact with leadtek about this issue. in fact i just got an email from leadtek saying that they expect the reg cards to be shipped out of taiwan this friday.
call the vendor & ask them. have them chx the box. if it is a lite there will be a little sticker in the lower lt corner saying 350 core 450mem. call leadtek yourself.

kasperisa
10-14-04, 12:45 PM
for your A400 GT lite version... which bios would you install on it? Since the bios is EXTREAMILY particular when it comes to the exact speed of your core and mem.
They don't have a bios update for your 'version'
http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/download.asp?downlineid=95 (http://)

ACK!! the store that said could get me one now cannot...
which one would be better... the BFG ,XFX or eVGA?

BFG comes already OC'ed so does that limit how much more I can OC it?

EternalManifest
10-14-04, 01:33 PM
You can overclock ANY 6800 GT to Ultra speeds. My BFG on stock cooling idle'ed at under 50c as well. Leadteks are no more special then the next. Just get any GT and you will be happy.

mike2h
10-14-04, 02:06 PM
you can NOT clock "ANY" gt to ultra speeds. pretty much luck of the draw.
as far as the bios, have not messed with it because i am returning my 'lite' card & getting either a reg leadtek gt or gigabytes new gt with the fan/heatpipe setup.

EternalManifest
10-14-04, 03:05 PM
Sure you can. I have not run into one person who couldn't hit Ultra speeds with ease, and I post on alot of forums.

Pandora's Box
10-14-04, 03:18 PM
Does anyone have trouble finding the A400 GT card anywhere? I'm located in Ottawa, Canada... the supposedly 'silicon valley of the north' ... yah right. If it was there would be a computer store carrying this card.
Does anyone have one? Hows the performance. After reading all the reviews and looking at all the benchmarks, I understand that this card is really the monster of overclocking. You can overclock the GT faster then the stock of an ultra, WITH THE STOCK COOLER!!
Please let me know if anyone has any problems with this card.

check your private messages please.

mike2h
10-14-04, 11:09 PM
eternal manifest is all knowing because he posts on a lot of f.....g forums. this means he knows the status of every gt card ever made.
do some research.

qballshalls2002
10-14-04, 11:29 PM
im limitted by my power supply i think though..

Hey you mentioned your limited by your psu. Im interested in seeing what type of psu are you using? Brand/Model/Watts?

Pandora's Box
10-15-04, 08:40 AM
antec 430Watt true power.

RealLifePixelShader
10-20-04, 06:49 AM
Mike is right I've also got a Leadtek 6800 GT LITE "SUCKS" if you ask me .

I love Leadtek cards but the sneakyness sucks. There is a 350/400 card I've got one.

According to leadtek and my supplier they are going to replace the card for me. With a real GT or a ULTRA if i'm will to pay the diffs this is to say if they get any card, might be months

Lets hope and see

mike2h
10-20-04, 11:22 AM
i was like you. really impressed with leadteks design. do not get locked into one brand. if i would have gotten of the leadtek band wagon 2 weeks ago & gotten another card would have saved myself a lot of stress & hassle.
so do what i did, have your vender send you another brand card. make sure they pay shipping both ways.
i got the new gigabyte gt. great card! uses a heatpipe/fan cooler. imo this card is better than the leadtek. & i am being objective about that.
i am running it right now at 400/1100. the temp is 50c. never goes above 60c under stress. & it will oc higher! just do not see the need.
it also very quiet.
anyway, see what other cards your vendor. has. i would not trust leadtek. the other thing you have to keep in mind is that they have shown that they can not replace your card if you have trouble with it.