lubby_lee
10-14-04, 09:48 AM
http://www.pconline.com.cn/diy/front/news/graphics/0410/472520.html

lubby_lee
10-14-04, 10:01 AM

rohit
10-14-04, 12:44 PM
Neat, nice card.
i never knew 6600GT AGP wuld be out this soon. Good to know it is.
the positioning of the cooler is wierd though. And what is the other thing nex to the GPU? cant fig. out

msxyz
10-14-04, 01:35 PM
They rotated the chip 45... Is this going to be the reference design for all bridged boards ?

Maybe it's just me, but the heatsink arrangement looks very lame. I hope the vendors will come up with some fancier coolers. I like the look of my 5700Ultra

Omega53
10-14-04, 01:52 PM
They rotated the chip 45... Is this going to be the reference design for all bridged boards ?

Maybe it's just me, but the heatsink arrangement looks very lame. I hope the vendors will come up with some fancier coolers. I like the look of my 5700Ultra

How often do you look at your gfx card while playing games :eek2:

monly
10-14-04, 01:56 PM
How often do you look at your gfx card while playing games :eek2:

i wouldnt care if there was a picture of my mums arse on my GT......lol aslong as it playes games it dont matter to me:D

TEXTEL
10-14-04, 02:00 PM

i agree i like the PCIe's cooling solution better

http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/item578/big_card3.jpg
http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/item578/big_card1.jpg
http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/item578/big_card6.jpg

CaptNKILL
10-14-04, 02:02 PM
Wow this is being released already? This is good news... this and the 6600 will deffinitely give people some better upgrade options :)

EDIT: Ok, I dont read whatever language that site is in... so I dont know. Is it being released soon, or is this just a sneak-peak kind of thing?''

BTW, im not sure my guess would be that that extra chip is the onboard video processor.

saturnotaku
10-14-04, 03:09 PM
I'm curious to see what the other manufacturers will come up with. Inno3D cards are for all intents and purposes unavailable here in the States.

zoomy942
10-14-04, 04:31 PM
i know at least 15 people that are waiting for the AGP 6600. its gonna be huge

subbo
10-14-04, 05:21 PM
The bigger the fan the more reliable and less likely it is to start stalling and resonating from gathered dust and age. Man I hate small fans.

shthap3ns
10-14-04, 11:38 PM
/edit

oops, didn't realize you were talking about the AGP version. silly me. :)

MarkTO
10-15-04, 12:29 AM
Neat, nice card.
And what is the other thing nex to the GPU? cant fig. out

I think the other chip is the (in)famous pcie/agp bridge. This is probably the main reason that they won't be making a 6200 with agp since it would cost too much with the extra chip.

Too bad it has a power connecter. I was hoping that agp power would be enough like on the 9600.

My home theatre PC is lusting after one of these, can't wait. :drooling:

msxyz
10-15-04, 01:08 AM
How often do you look at your gfx card while playing games :eek2:I usually look at it when it becomes glowing red and it starts shooting sparks :D

Seriously, I was talking from a techical point of view. It seems like a rushed-out work to have the card in time for previews. They just adapted some existing dissipators to a totally new design.

I do hope other IHVs will choose to implement a dedicated solution. This one really looks like a patchwork :retard:

rohit
10-15-04, 08:26 AM
I think the other chip is the (in)famous pcie/agp bridge. This is probably the main reason that they won't be making a 6200 with agp since it would cost too much with the extra chip.

Too bad it has a power connecter. I was hoping that agp power would be enough like on the 9600.

My home theatre PC is lusting after one of these, can't wait.

I dont think thast the HSI bridge, i saw a nv45 sample pic somewhere, the HSI is on the GPU, like a strap or umthin, cant xplain!
That surely loox more of the video processor, as some1 stated b4.hope so its a workin vid processor, coz many nv40's dont hav the vid processor workin/activated.

55illinois
10-15-04, 06:28 PM
That's definitely the HSI bridge. The video processor is part of the GPU. The NV45 is an NV40+HSI on the same package. The rest of the bridged cards have the HSI separate on the card. Check out pics of any of the GeForceFX 5xxx PCI Express cards for proof.

msxyz
10-16-04, 03:26 AM
The second chip in the photo IS the bridge. I wonder why they didn't put it on the same flipchip package with the GPU as they did for NV45

55illinois
10-16-04, 12:07 PM
My guess is the NV40 boards (GT & Ultra) were already so crowded with other stuff, there was no way for them to put it on the board, so they had to go on package.

AthlonXP1800
10-19-04, 02:49 AM
The second chip in the photo IS the bridge. I wonder why they didn't put it on the same flipchip package with the GPU as they did for NV45

Yes it will have bridge integrated into the NV43 core for NV46. :)

tyx
10-19-04, 07:32 AM
Well, now whats with the extra PCB sticking out from its side??

55illinois
10-19-04, 11:55 AM
Yes it will have bridge integrated into the NV43 core for NV46. :)

I'm guessing there's no real difference between integrating it onto the package (NV45) or putting it somewhere else on the board (NV43, NV3x). In fact, I would guess they'd rather not put them on package, since the whole point of the HSI chip (I thought) was so that they only had to produce one graphics chip, and they could slap it either on PCI Express boards or onto AGP boards with a bridge chip. Putting it on pacakge essentially has them producing two different chips (NV40, NV45), where as all the NV43s on both AGP and PCI Express boards are identical.

Hope that all made sense! (mag)

msxyz
10-19-04, 02:44 PM
NV45 is a multi-chip package not a new core. This reminds me of the Pentium Pro which integrated two dies (one for the CPU and one for the L2 cache) in the same ceramic container. Placing both the GPU and the bridge chip into the same package makes a lot of sense as you will dramatically cut down the board cost, size and complexity (just look at that freakish 6600 AGP !)

I didn't know thet there were plans for a NV46, let alone that it will be a bridged NV43 These seem good news to me. I've just seen today the first "vanilla flavour" 6600 hit the stores at 149 ? but this is a PCIe part.

tvlad
10-19-04, 03:24 PM
Hmm, i for one am wondering about the vanilla 6600, if they don't clock it higher, i really can't see how it would beat a x700 pro, granted, it has sm3, but to me that hardly justifies the performance difference.

kernell3200
10-20-04, 01:08 PM
it is going to be more expensive, cus a 5200 pci2.1 cost a little bit more than a normal 5200 agp????

Gator
10-20-04, 03:24 PM
anyone got an idea on release date and price? I hope they don't expect to charge more than $199 for this thing. Preferably less closer to $150 :drooling:

If they can get it cheap enough, I'd be willing to upgrade and sell the FX card :)