PDA

View Full Version : Overclocking Gainward GT

DanCanovas
10-14-04, 10:36 AM
is it usual when overclocking the card to recieve a message saying something about internal clock frequencies cant go higher. I got a good overclock but I cant understand why this message appears. Also, my temp runs at about 57 after 2 hrs of gaming, i presume this is ok.

DanCanovas
10-14-04, 10:39 AM
sorry forgot to say, the reason im asking is because I never got a message like this when I had my 9800 Pro

ricercar
10-15-04, 02:35 AM
I've never seen that message in years of NVIDIA tweaking. Can you get the exact wording or post a screen?

57C is nothing. NVIDIA gpus are rated to 140C operating conditions.

DanCanovas
10-15-04, 03:22 AM
The test failed to run at the selected clock frequencies. Please lower your settings and try again.

It says this when u whack the clock up and click test changes.

Annihlist
10-15-04, 04:28 AM
If they are rated at 140C then does that mean we can run 1.7 volt through them and be ok :)?

zeejay
10-15-04, 05:02 AM
The test failed to run at the selected clock frequencies. Please lower your settings and try again.

It says this when u whack the clock up and click test changes.

IT means pretty much what it says, theres internal hardware testing for
overclocking built into the chip, it detects artifacts before you would even be
able to see them. If it detects artifacts then it fails the test and won't let you use those settings.

You can get rivatuner and set it to disable the internal hardware testing for it's overclock settings.

DanCanovas
10-15-04, 05:45 AM
well they are pretty good clock speeds. do u reckon id be best to just leave them?