PDA

View Full Version : Optimasations - On/Off

Danhill
10-14-04, 12:56 PM
I was just wondering what Opt. I should turn on or off when benching, I usually have all the opt. on when benching.

jAkUp
10-14-04, 12:56 PM
I usually keep them on at all times... the difference in IQ is small to me

Danhill
10-14-04, 01:04 PM
I usually keep them on at all times... the difference in IQ is small to me

Wow that was fast, thanks for your answer.

Yeah me too, but I heard that some reviewer recommeded to turn off the Anistropic mip filter opt. thats why I was abit confused.

Thanks again jAkUp.

particleman
10-14-04, 01:12 PM
I test/benchmark at the settings I play at. If you don't notice a difference with optimizations on/off then by all means bench with them off, since the purpose of benching for yourself is to determine your system performance and find the best performance at an IQ lvl acceptable to you.

For me though, I play at High Quality (don't have the option to disable opts in HQ), and with the 65.73 drivers, everything else produces way too much texture aliasing for me.

(note: corrected, I meant 65.73)

Cali3350
10-14-04, 07:48 PM
I test/benchmark at the settings I play at. If you don't notice a difference with optimizations on/off then by all means bench with them off, since the purpose of benching for yourself is to determine your system performance and find the best performance at an IQ lvl acceptable to you.

For me though, I play at High Quality (don't have the option to disable opts in HQ), and with the 55.73 drivers, everything else produces way too much texture aliasing for me.

Do you mean 65.73?

MUYA
10-14-04, 08:12 PM
I turn all optimizations off..I dunno, just weird that way :D

odin20
10-14-04, 08:55 PM
i can notice a major difference in quality so i turn the optimizations off but keep quality txtures on instead of high quality. That is kinda a middle ground between performance and image quality. BTW quality with optimizations off is faster then high quality, just fyi.

bkswaney
10-14-04, 09:09 PM
Am I missing something?
Where do u turn them on and off at?

kyleb
10-14-04, 10:31 PM
Do you mean 65.73?

No, he meant 55.73.