10-15-04, 06:00 AM
Hi all I got my Leadtek 6800 GT REVISION B yesterday but I need some help

On the Leadtek website it states the following specs for the card

CLOCK 350/500MHZ
MEMORY 1000MHZ

On the box there is a sticker with the following

GPU 350MHZ
MEMORY 450MHZ

On the nvidia over clocking tab on my windows xp it states the following as default

Core Clock 350 MHZ
Memory 900MHZ

I would like to know whats going on with the sticker website and the actual spec reported by windows in the display properties tab under nvidia over clocking.

To me it looks like there is a couple of MHZ missing

Please could some one explain to me whats wrong here?

Thanks for a wicked forum

ENJOY HALF LIFE 2

zeejay
10-15-04, 06:04 AM
Hi all I got my Leadtek 6800 GT REVISION B yesterday but I need some help

On the Leadtek website it states the following specs for the card

CLOCK 350/500MHZ
MEMORY 1000MHZ

On the box there is a sticker with the following

GPU 350MHZ
MEMORY 450MHZ

On the nvidia over clocking tab on my windows xp it states the following as default

Core Clock 350 MHZ
Memory 900MHZ

I would like to know whats going on with the sticker website and the actual spec reported by windows in the display properties tab under nvidia over clocking.

To me it looks like there is a couple of MHZ missing

Please could some one explain to me whats wrong here?

Thanks for a wicked forum

ENJOY HALF LIFE 2

IT doesn't have a sticker on the box anywhere that says "lite" does it?

Viral
10-15-04, 06:06 AM
450MHz will be the single rate spec, it's the same as 900MHz.

Somethings up though, I didn't know there was a 'lite' version, but if there is you probably have it...

RealLifePixelShader
10-15-04, 06:07 AM
NO NOT AT ALL

Its starting to make me worried if you ask if there is a LITE sticker on it Do you thing there is some spec missing?

Subtestube
10-15-04, 07:11 AM
There definitely is an A400 Lite... hang on, I'll find the thread where the guy mentioned it....

There ya go!
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38057

Erm... looks like someone made a mistake in sending you the "Lite" version. How much did it cost incidentally? And where did you buy it from?

Marcos
10-15-04, 07:48 AM
just crank up the ram

psychogmv
10-15-04, 08:17 AM
My XFX GeForce 6800GT is also clocked at 900Mhz mem. And on anandtech forums there are several people with XFX cards like mine. Although I was able to clock it up to 1100 Mhz easily without artifacting. I still need to do a stress test to see if it is stable.

rohit
10-15-04, 09:31 AM
Is it DDR3 memory @ 900MHz
OR
DDR @ 900MHz?
If u can find out!

Viral
10-15-04, 09:33 AM
Leadtek don't mention a 'Lite' version on their site.. It would suck if it were DDR though. Check the advertised specs of what you bought and if it was supposed to be a normal GT get it replaced.

Pandora's Box
10-15-04, 09:38 AM
just crank up the ram to 500mhz.

Graphicmaniac
10-15-04, 09:55 AM
i don't think you have to just crank up the ram to 500 because if you payed for a 350/500 then you have to get it!

and with the card you should have got you could crank up the ram to 550, then call back and ask to replace your gt with a real gt card :P

K007
10-15-04, 10:38 AM
Your the second one i just saw, i think there was a guy over at guru3d also complaining about this. He had to go through a huge hassel to get the real deal, i dont know if he has got it yet, but yes that is not very nice of leadtek, alot of people are now avoiding leadtek, including me.

kasperisa
10-15-04, 11:08 AM
Has anyone every accedently purchased a BFG 6800GT lite? or is only leadtel and XFX doing it?

kahloq
10-15-04, 01:01 PM
There is no BFG "lite"

mike2h
10-15-04, 04:15 PM
this lite vers is the only gt leadtek has shipped over the last 3 weeks. they are charging the same for it. it is gddr3, just lower speed binning.
my gt lite got a whopping oc of 360 core & 960 mem. imo the gpu is a lower speed bin too.
leadtek is supposed to have some real gts on the way. course they have been saying that since last week.
got an email from them today, i asked if they knew if the shipment went out from taiwan today
response-
If it ships, we will get the paperwork on the following day.
I shoud be able to know it by Monday.

so that is where getting a leadtek replacement is at.

bkswaney
10-15-04, 04:28 PM
this lite vers is the only gt leadtek has shipped over the last 3 weeks. they are charging the same for it. it is gddr3, just lower speed binning.
my gt lite got a whopping oc of 360 core & 960 mem. imo the gpu is a lower speed bin too.
leadtek is supposed to have some real gts on the way. course they have been saying that since last week.
got an email from them today, i asked if they knew if the shipment went out from taiwan today
response-
If it ships, we will get the paperwork on the following day.
I shoud be able to know it by Monday.

so that is where getting a leadtek replacement is at.

Dang man they still have not fixed u up yet?
That suxs!
:bash: (bs2)

mike2h
10-15-04, 05:36 PM
no they have not. in fact i am tired of waiting for them- almost 2 weeks & no definite on when the cards will arrive.
so i called gameve & told them i was not going to wait anymore & wanted another card. they asked me which one, i told them the new gigabyte with the nifty heatpipe/fan cooler. said they would get it out today or monday.
i also sent an email to leadtek & told them what i thought of their fraudulent activities & very poor customer support. also asked them how they colud run a business when no one knows when they are getting their product?
anyway, leadtek will never see my or anyone i knows bussiness again. hopefully people are getting the message out there about these cards. what a rippoff.

RealLifePixelShader
10-15-04, 06:28 PM
OK Thanks guys for the bad news looks like there is a Leadtek 6800 GT LITE

Now to get te real GT and win this war I will need proof please could you guys help.

Its not right that we have to pay for peformance that we want and the not get it.

Please help with any leads that I can take to my supplier and Leadtek to get the card swopped out.

Please

Thanks
Enjoy your weekend

RealLifePixelShader
10-15-04, 06:40 PM
Has anyone got there GT LITES replaced?

mike2h
10-15-04, 07:52 PM
if the card was not advertised as a 'lite' there should be no issue at all with returning/swapping it.

Ruined
10-15-04, 08:06 PM
Would be a good name for a nancy drew book.

Also, you could also rename this thread "Reasons to buy BFG or eVGA" ;)

mike2h
10-15-04, 08:57 PM
i swapped mine for the new gainward. their cooling system looks very promising. hopefully it has the core & mem to back it up.

K007
10-15-04, 11:08 PM
You should get what you paid for. Leadtek doing this kind of trick is very sad.

mike2h
10-16-04, 01:08 AM
what is really sad is leadtek is still pushing these 'lite' vers for the same price as their reg gt. guess they figured if they did not lower the price everything would be same-same.
unfortunatly it appears they were mostly right & do not give a **** about the rest.

MUYA
10-16-04, 01:19 AM
I do not know if leadtek is reponsible for the prices or rather the online vendors.