PDA

View Full Version : Rallisport Challenge

nin_fragile14
11-10-02, 07:18 PM
This is the best rally game I've ever played. In terms of playability and just plain fun, this game is far beyond the Colin McRae series. It also has the best graphics I've ever seen, demonstrating that pixel and vertex shaders make a huge difference in graphics.

I captured this image with "print screen", so it looks much worse than it does in game. (1024x768, 4x AA)

http://codect.com/images/1036977455rally.JPG

intercede007
11-10-02, 08:07 PM
It finally came out on the PC huh?

I've had it on the XBOX for quite some time and I concur completely. This game is a blast!!! Graphically it keeps on impressing. Gameplay is actually pretty decent for a racing sim too.

saturnotaku
11-10-02, 09:08 PM
As soon as I saw this game was available for the PC, I went out and bought it. I have to look at my settings a bit more, but the game is positively gorgeous and runs like butter at 1280x1024 (no AA or aniso). I'm going to try at 1024 with FSAA to see if I like it more but so far I'm loving this game. The physics are very good and the graphics...well, screenshots don't do it justice.

Kudos to Microsoft for bringing this game to the PC.

demonized
11-11-02, 01:28 AM
This game makes me wanna buy the new Logitech momo wheel.

Serath
11-11-02, 01:32 AM
Is there a demo for this thing? I'd like to check it out :)

stncttr908
11-11-02, 06:43 AM
I own the Xbox version, and I agree as well. I wanna try Colin McRae 3 though.

Smokey
11-11-02, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
As soon as I saw this game was available for the PC, I went out and bought it. I have to look at my settings a bit more, but the game is positively gorgeous and runs like butter at 1280x1024 (no AA or aniso). I'm going to try at 1024 with FSAA to see if I like it more but so far I'm loving this game. The physics are very good and the graphics...well, screenshots don't do it justice.

Kudos to Microsoft for bringing this game to the PC.

Looks sweet, btw sat, ur be better off using 1280 + 2x fsaa trust me ;)

demonized
11-11-02, 04:05 PM
damn.. no 1600x1200. I like to play my games at this resolution so that i wont have to use AA. Playing this game at 1280x1024 still need AA.

nin_fragile14
11-11-02, 11:06 PM
There's a 1600x1200 option for me. :confused:

ragejg
11-12-02, 12:08 PM
Would someone pleeze post a pic of Sega Rally 2 for comparison?

I know the gfx are impressive on this, but I wanna see 2 opposing pictures allowing visual comparison between DX7 & DX8 racing games... SR2 wasn't quite so bad for a basic game. Fun head to head on a big tv w/2 PS controllers. Very Arcade-y...
...but outdated.

I haven't leaned towards a racing game in a while, and have felt that the most in-depth racing on my pc was using ePSXe to play Gran Turismo 2. If there's finally something out there that's actually captivating, I think I could shell up for it...

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

Cereal-Killer
11-19-02, 03:52 PM
The Rallisport Challenge demo is out!

d/l here (221 MB): http://download.microsoft.com/download/zulu/Trial/rsc-1.0/W982KMeXP/EN-US/rallitrl.exe

ragejg
11-20-02, 06:21 AM
I found a screenie of SR2... looks prehistoric compared to Rallisport...

like nite and day...

-r-a-g-e-j-g-

http://shots.gamexperts.com/big_segar2_6.jpg

thcdru2k
11-20-02, 08:27 AM
just played the demo..controls are superb..i think i'm gonna go buy this game now.

only problem when i was on main screen my mouse sensitivity was crazy i had to move it really slowly to select things.

madthumbs
11-20-02, 08:35 AM
**Warning to those buying a wheel for this game!

I have one of the older Logitech force feedback wheels, and all I get for "force feedback" in this game is a steady vibration.

saturnotaku
11-20-02, 09:02 AM
I'm sure force feedback works just fine with M$ wheels, though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the mouse sensitivity thcdru2k posted about is an issue in the full game. Changing your resolution to what you're going to use to play the game helps, or you can use the keyboard for navigation, which is what I do.

volt
11-20-02, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
I'm sure force feedback works just fine with M$ wheels, though. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the mouse sensitivity thcdru2k posted about is an issue in the full game. Changing your resolution to what you're going to use to play the game helps, or you can use the keyboard for navigation, which is what I do.

It happened to me when I first started the game, but after changing the res and reloading the game couple of times fixed the problems. Mouse works fine now :)