PDA

View Full Version : Update on Chronicles of Riddick for PC

aAv7
10-15-04, 05:45 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/34058

Vivendi Universal Games sends along this press release about the release of The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut on the PC. Scheduled for a December release, the $29.99 PC version will add exclusive content "in the form of a mech for players to control, as well as a new arena where players can test their survival skills against some of the most hardened criminals in the galaxy". You can find some screenshots here.

Now where's HL2, Vivendi?

EDIT: Here's a link to the pics. http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=20769 looks alot like doom 3. ( High res characters, low res backgrounds)

Mr. Hunt
10-15-04, 06:04 PM
Might get it when it gets cheaper... I own it for Xbox already... but I would like to play it on PC... It was a very good game... just really short. Can't wait for the sequel (hope it takes place after the CoR movie).

aAv7
10-15-04, 06:12 PM
Nice to see Vivendi announced a date for a game this year....just not the game I was hoping for =/

Edge
10-15-04, 07:14 PM
That's cool, the Xbox version is down to $30 now anyway so it makes sense that it would be released for $30 on the PC. From what I've played it's quite a fun game, has some elements that you really don't see in any PC FPS games (like a decent hand-to-hand combat system). Great graphics too, very close to Doom 3 quality (though the models aren't as interesting and there's a few bland backgrounds here and there).

Saintster
10-16-04, 12:07 AM
Agree mrhunt it's a great game but wayy too short finished in on sitting about 6 hours with all subquests! Sweet graphics hope the second is longer,actually it is a great game!

Riptide
10-16-04, 10:22 AM
This game looks interesting, I'll probably pick up a copy when it comes out. I've never played the xbox version.

BioHazZarD
10-16-04, 11:01 AM
indeed looks very nice im sure that will be very good on the PC with current hardware.

***CENSORED***
10-16-04, 11:24 AM
I don't have an xbox so this will be a treat!

WarGhSt
10-16-04, 06:15 PM
Nice to see Vivendi announced a date for a game this year....just not the game I was hoping for =/

Lol, I agree with that one =p

shinrai
10-17-04, 05:38 AM
I not complaining about the price but did they think that pc gamers would not buy it for 6 hours gameplay at $50? I know i wouldn't have.

Does anyone know how long Halo 2 single player will be?