PDA

View Full Version : (unofficial) Half-life 2 Gold!

Pages : [1] 2

Omega53
10-15-04, 09:10 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/15/news_6110731.html

At least according to Gamespot :D

jAkUp
10-15-04, 09:20 PM
:( Wheres the official announcement?

GlowStick
10-15-04, 09:21 PM
What we heard: Ever since the release candidate for Half-Life 2 was submitted to VU Games in mid-September, a piņata has hung in the lobby of Valve's headquarters. The plan: to bust the sucker open when the game achieved gold status. Earlier today, GameSpot learned from an informed sourced that "the piņata has been broken" and the game has gone gold. Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game." Though nothing official has been announced yet, it appears the fat lady is at last clearing her throat.

Hmm gamespot claims its gone gold but no annoucement......

ragejg
10-15-04, 09:46 PM
Well, better gamespot than www.Jimmy_Joesgames.com :p:p

I tend to believe...

Edge
10-15-04, 10:13 PM
Note that this is in the RUMOR CONTROL section, meaning it's not official, it's just speculation based on (usually believable) evidence. I'd believe it, though they're probably not officially saying it for some reason (hmm, maybe they're waiting to make the announcement until November 8th :p)

Omega53
10-15-04, 11:05 PM
Damn joo!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make me crap myself with a thread title like that unless you mean it. :bash:

Several sites are reporting the same thing, I think you can rest easy and know its gone gold. ;)

saturnotaku
10-16-04, 12:29 AM
I haven't seen the shipping date change on the major shopping sites (EB, Gamestop) in a couple weeks now. They still have it listed as Nov. 1, which would be about right if it went gold today.

superklye
10-16-04, 02:45 AM
Damn joo!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make me crap myself with a thread title like that unless you mean it. :bash:

hey man, haven't the Jews been blamed for enough stuff already?

Bad_Boy
10-16-04, 03:16 AM
maybe official gold announcement monday :nanahump:

AthlonXP1800
10-16-04, 09:16 AM
Rumour Control? Nah, we need to install Gamespot spy at Valve and VU so that will be easy to know when we hear from the spy to confirm when Half Life 2 goes gold! :p

six_storm
10-16-04, 09:52 AM
I'm so ready for HL2 to go ahead and go gold. Too bad we can't d/l HL2 upon gold announcement . . . ARGHHHH!!!!!

aAv7
10-16-04, 12:23 PM
Note that this is in the RUMOR CONTROL section, meaning it's not official, it's just speculation based on (usually believable) evidence. I'd believe it, though they're probably not officially saying it for some reason (hmm, maybe they're waiting to make the announcement until November 8th :p)

why the 8th? I'm hoping come Nov. 8th, we will all be playing it. Hopefully we will get an official announcement monday or tuesday.

Edge
10-16-04, 07:52 PM
November 8th because Halo 2 comes out on the 9th ;)

I know, stupid joke, but no other FPS games have had their dates announced so I couldn't think of anything else. Wish we had a better idea of when Stalker and Fear were going to be out. Yeesh, 6 blockbuster FPS games released in the span of 1 year...did they plan this or something?

AthlonXP1800
10-16-04, 11:16 PM
Here another news (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php%28que%29id=110641) from Computer And Video Games that Half Life 2 passed UK's BBFC certificate and the November release is more likely. It may be possible for Valve and VU not to announced Half Life 2 gold because it could prevent the game from leak to internet early.

jAkUp
10-16-04, 11:53 PM
From www.halflife2.net

Hey. I just wanted to let you guys know that I work for Best Buy and at an upper level meeting recently, I saw a Power Point presentation that said Half Life 2 would be out on November 4th. I don't know how accurate their info was but thought you might want to know.

I thought it was an odd date since most new releases are on a Tuesday and November 4th is a Thursday.

I also thought it was earlier than expected. I expected it later in November.

I guess we'll see.

BTW, I created this login name just for this post. Admins, feel free to delete it. I didn't want to post under my usual name because it gives a clue to my real identity and I'd rather not get fired.

EBgames.com - November 1st, 2004
Walmart.com - November 2nd, 2004
Gamestop.com - November 1st, 2004
Amazon.com - November 16th, 2004
Buy.com - November 2nd, 2004
Overstock.com - November 2nd, 2004
Bestbuy.com - November 6th, 2004

Take it with a grain of salt......

AthlonXP1800
10-17-04, 12:05 AM
Amazon.com - November 16th, 2004

Hmmm...

Amazon.co.uk - November 1st, 2004

Edge
10-17-04, 02:43 AM
It may be possible for Valve and VU not to announced Half Life 2 gold because it could prevent the game from leak to internet early.

Pfft, when has THAT happened? Oh...right :D

Anyway, November 1st is a very interesting date...and it just might work out perfectly for me. Buy HL2, beat single-player, buy Halo 2 when it comes out, play Halo 2 single-player and multiplayer, go back to Half-life 2 for multiplayer when some good mods come out, and then juggle between the two as new maps are released for them. Looks like my November is going to be full, and considering how much time I've been puting into Kingdom Under Fire recently I'll probably be playing THAT game until HL2's release. Man, I'm in gaming bliss...why did so many great games have to come out within such a short period?

jAkUp
10-17-04, 03:01 AM
Sorry guys I just thought this was really funny!!!

Kickus_assius
10-17-04, 03:08 AM
I think they will announce it officially on Monday. I think they decided to hold the news over the weekend and then drop the bomb with a huge press release on Monday. This news has also made me break down and buy the damn thing ahead of time.

AthlonXP1800
10-17-04, 04:16 AM

:lol2:

kev13dd
10-17-04, 04:37 AM
Not releasing the fact it's gold won't prevent internet leak

Why? Cause to leak it you have to have it. And to have it you must get it where they make it. And to make it, you need people. And the people normally know they are making it! So if they release the fact it's gold or not, the factories producing it sure as heck know it's gold!

K

Edge
10-17-04, 05:40 AM
Or DO they? Maybe they're being lead to believe that they're pressing the latest Britney Spears album, but in fact it's the final copy of Half-life 2! Maybe Gabe has the final copy of the game on his computer, and has secretly sent out for an order of 1 million copies of HL2 to be made without anyone knowing! Oh that Gabe, you're a sneaky fellow. Of course, if the finished copy of the game was on his computer, we would probably have it by now :D

NAZCA M12
10-17-04, 05:58 AM
Maybe Gabe has the final copy of the game on his computer

God forbids that he does. Cause if he does, i envisage the final version being leaked all over the net. Brrr :lol2: No disrespect Gabe my man, it's just that well, you know :D

nVidi0t
10-17-04, 08:48 AM

LMAO!

six_storm
10-17-04, 02:09 PM
JakUp, you do have too much time on your hands, lol. BTW, funny pic lol. So some guy at BB saw a PowerPoint presentation with HL2 going retail on Nov 4th? As far as games coming out on Thursday, Sims 2 was released that day, I got lucky to grab the game on Wednesday. If it were to become available on Nov 3rd on Steam, then I just have one word . . . w00t!!!!!!!!

EDIT: The guy who made the post of seeing a PowerPoint presentation, his screen name is a little odd. "BestBuy1234"? That just seems a little suspicious to me .. . . .