PDA

View Full Version : Madden problems

TucsonCard
11-10-02, 10:38 PM
Ok, here is the story...

I play online at cheesers.net (EA) as of the day before the patch my system specs were as follows:

AMD 1900
1 gig of pc 2100 ram
g-force 3 TI 500
and so on.....

With this rig I could play online no problem at all ( fast, stable cable connection) getting lag once in every 20 games or so when someone with a crap connection would join probably.

The day the last patch (roster update only?) went up I was building this baby HERE:

P 4 2.8
512 mb of pc2700 ram
ATI radeon 9700 pro

With the new system it plays offline games with ALL the eye candy turned on ( including true form ) as soon as I log into EA and join a game I get terrible FPS, The first few times I thought it was just bad luck with getting slow speed competitors but I have played dozens of games and still have crap FPS ( like 15-20 or worse, even with all eye candy turned way down.

My internet connection has not changed as I am still able to play BF 1942 with 0 probs.

Anyone have any idea what could be the culprit ?

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

nin_fragile14
11-10-02, 10:44 PM
Try turning TruForm off, it's done in software and has a huge performance hit.

TucsonCard
11-10-02, 11:19 PM
Tried that :(

I turned everything WAY down and still getting crappy fps in online play.

randsom
11-11-02, 09:13 AM
what os are you using, is it a fresh install.if not reformat and reinstall
what vid card drivers are you using,ati drivers are getting better but still not good, try using a different set.
or
you might be having a conflict somewhere.check your irqs to see if your having any conflicts and whats sharing irqs.

nin_fragile14
11-11-02, 09:27 AM
Do all your other Direct3D games run fine?

saturnotaku
11-11-02, 09:53 AM
Make sure you're using the 6193 ATI drivers available from Rage3D. These drivers fix a lot of issues with EA games.