PDA

View Full Version : Doom3 AA settings not respected?

swsnyder
10-16-04, 09:35 PM
I usually play Doom2 with AA off, but decided to test the impact AA would have on my framerate. I went from 0xAA, to 2xAA, to 4xAA, to 8xAA and my framerates stayed consistent without the test. Hmmmm....

I usually do not override the game settings in the nVidia driver config, but when I saw no reduction in framerate I suspected that AA changes were not really being done. I set the AA in the driver from no-override to 2xAA to 4xAA and to 8xAA. I each case I saw a reduction in framerate.

So: it seems that Doom3 does not horor the AA settings in the game.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks.

BioHazZarD
10-17-04, 05:39 AM
Carmack said its not working so its better to just raise the resolution.

SigmaOrionis
10-27-04, 06:46 PM
Thats weird. Heres what I get.

1024x768 HQ Contol Panel set to App Preff for both AA & AF.

NoAA= 80 FPS
2XAA= 73 FPS
4XAA= 62 FPS

I can clearly see that AA is being enabled. So when did Carmack say this I'm confused.

Subtestube
10-27-04, 07:48 PM
Did you quit and restart the game after enabling AA? And I mean actually exit the whole game, and re-load it. If you don't, changes won't be applied.

MUYA
10-27-04, 07:50 PM
AA works in Doom III period. You just have to restart the game by exiting and restarting or, at the cnsole type "vid_restart" for the new AA mode u selected to work, and if you are selecting AA thru the game make sure you have the AA setting in the forceware applet as "application controlled" etc.