PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sick of dang AWPs.....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ynnek
10-18-04, 10:17 AM
So I am training to join them at their own game.... ;)

Its almost like a new game again. heh..

BTW, whats a good pistol to as a backup? desert eagle?

saturnotaku
10-18-04, 10:40 AM
Looks like some things never change. I was sick of the AWP back when CS was pre-1.0.

Ninjaman09
10-18-04, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the AWP is pretty lame. It's even more accurate in this version than in the last.

As for a backup pistol, I like the USP, personally. Desert Eagle works well too but the rate of fire is a bit slow, IMO. Up to you.

Fatman
10-18-04, 10:45 AM
I'm sure no-awp servers will start popping up as soon as admins get some documentation or someone comes out with an admin mod.

Skrot
10-18-04, 10:46 AM
As to your choice of secondary weapon, it mostly depends on your ability to aim. If you can aim well, the deagle is pretty much your best choice. That thing can do some real damage.

And yeah.. the AWP is lame...

de><ta
10-18-04, 11:04 AM
AWP is not lame, people are just too stupid to come up with ways to counter that gun or exploit its weakness.

I was doing fairly well against 4 awp'ers using only smoke grens and flashes. Or distracting them with those and getting them from another side.

As for a good pistol to complement the AWP is the USP.

|JuiceZ|
10-18-04, 12:11 PM
AWPers are teh lame.

vampireuk
10-18-04, 12:22 PM
I wish people would just play the damn game instead of complaining about what weapons people use :D

Ninjaman09
10-18-04, 12:27 PM
The M4A1 is lame, too. So is the Galil. And both the semi-auto sniper rifles. And the M249. And the shotguns, and the double pistols. Everyone who uses them is lame. Actually, everyone who uses any of the guns except the Glock is lame.

Unless it's me using them, then all the guns are cool.

|MaguS|
10-18-04, 12:28 PM
Scout > AWP

|JuiceZ|
10-18-04, 12:29 PM
I wish people would just play the damn game instead of complaining about what weapons people use :D

Hey, who said you could come out from under MikeC's stairs?! :angel:

ynnek
10-18-04, 12:53 PM
How so? Only thing I'm aware of that the Scout has an advantage of, is its cheap cost. Its not a guaranteed one shot kill like the AWP right?

One game, I shot 6 enemies with the Scout, one shot each, cominig out of a doorway.. Did about 50ish points of damage to each one.. No kills though, at least in my name.. lol.

Scout > AWP

Mr. Hunt
10-18-04, 01:01 PM
I do enjoy using the scout more. Nowhere near as much of a cheap weapon and it just feels so nice to pop somebody in the head with it :).

My favorite backup pistol is the p226 (or is it p228?... it is number 3 in the pistol selection I believe). Has good accuracy when crouched, is cheap, has decent magazine capacity, and can be shot pretty fast.

Ninjaman09
10-18-04, 01:08 PM
I've always been partial to the p228 (it's 228) as well. It's loads of fun to use for some reason, and I like the sound effect. Unforunately, it's woefully inaccurate compared to the USP, and not much more damaging.

majortom
10-18-04, 01:20 PM
man, what a bunch of pvssies you guys are. all the weapons suck :rolleyes: . i can talk the other side into losing. diplomacy all the way! :nanahump:

Fatman
10-18-04, 01:44 PM
Personally I never complain about AWP, although I do not like when people abuse the weapon. Just few days ago I was playing and half of T's, about 6 people, were all running around with AWPs, on Dust2. It was virually impossible to play, so I left and joined another server. I run my own server, due to bandwidth limitations its only up on friday nights, bit it's apublic server nevertheless. I have never blocked awp on my server, but I will definitely put up a vote to do so as soon as admin mods are released for CSS DS.

jbirney
10-18-04, 02:09 PM
I too am sick of hearing people whine about a weapon in any game. If the developers put the weapon in the game, THEN ITS FAIR Game. There are many ways to deal with an AWP-er.

However some of the weapons need to be balanced a bit more. AWP is one. The Shooty is another (as its a bit too accruate at medium ranges).

Sazar
10-18-04, 06:10 PM
awm/deagle has always been my fav combo due to the heavy duty damage inflicted by each :)

if you learn how to use and control each well thats your best setup IMO... but the rate of fire on the deagle is a downer...

just more incentive not to miss IMO :cool:

Riptide
10-18-04, 06:16 PM
People like to whine about the AVRIL in UT2K4. I think they're just being stupid. If they're good enough they can defeat it. Most people just bail out of whatever craft they're in (Manta for instance) right before it hits and whip out their chaingun to deal with you, that's the *smart* thing to do instead of complaining like a whiny little girl.

majortom
10-18-04, 06:21 PM
man i hate avril. her songs suck.

-=DVS=-
10-18-04, 07:27 PM
I would whine about CHEATERS who ruin the game , and not legit weapons and legit good players ;)

Riptide
10-18-04, 08:11 PM
I would whine about CHEATERS who ruin the game , and not legit weapons and legit good players ;)
Ah, but that wouldn't be whining now would it? :D

Skrot
10-18-04, 11:39 PM
I too am sick of hearing people whine about a weapon in any game. If the developers put the weapon in the game, THEN ITS FAIR Game.Just because its in the game, it doesn't mean that the weapon is good and balanced. You make it out as though the people who wrote CS are gods of balancing weapons, and making it a good game. Not so.

|MaguS|
10-18-04, 11:54 PM
How so? Only thing I'm aware of that the Scout has an advantage of, is its cheap cost. Its not a guaranteed one shot kill like the AWP right?

One game, I shot 6 enemies with the Scout, one shot each, cominig out of a doorway.. Did about 50ish points of damage to each one.. No kills though, at least in my name.. lol.

Just what someone with no skill would say. The Scout is easier to aim (atleast for me, I get a HS about 90% of my shots), plus if you do miss, the gun is reset alot quicker then the awp. With the AWP you will still be reloading while the guy is trying to stab your eyes out. The Scout also has very little recoil so you don't have to reset your aim if your camped.

The AWP is a Cheap weapon... The Scout is weak but it requires alot of skill.

jbirney
10-19-04, 08:56 AM
Just because its in the game, it doesn't mean that the weapon is good and balanced. You make it out as though the people who wrote CS are gods of balancing weapons, and making it a good game. Not so.

There is a difference in a weapon being not balanced and a weapon belonging in a game. The balnace is something that should be addressed given a wide range of inputs from the comunity. Weather it belongs in the game is not open for discussion. They wrote the game. They made the call. Its their game. They know what belongs and what doesn't. With that said I still think its room for some improvement in balance in the AWP.

But I have seen people whine in every game that "this weapon is lame". Weather its the BFG in Q2, The deemer in UT, the AutoShotty or M203 in SOF2, you name the game and there is probably some one whining that the weapon does not belong. It will never end. If the weapon is there and even if its not balanced its goning to be used (at least unitl its fixed). Thus a smart player would deal with it :)