PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted text on HUD in X-wing Alliance

jschraw
10-18-04, 03:34 PM
need some advice, help, fix, Ideas on solving this problem. currently running athlon XP 2400+ with 1GB ram, Nvidia GeForceFX 5600 and when I use the hardware acceleration features of the game the HUD text is corrupted to the point that I cannot read anything. I know that along time ago there was a file patch you could get from lucas arts for this type of problem with another game, Rogue Squadron, but I haven't seen one for this game. any Ideas? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

onslaught
10-26-04, 07:26 AM
I'm having the same problem.. there is a fix from lucasfiles.. http://www.lucasfiles.com/

but it doesnt work for me.. shield indicators, etc are all out of whack.

Ninjaman09
10-26-04, 08:43 AM
Same here, I've had this problem ever since I've had a GeForce card. It's still mostly legible though, you'll get used to it :)

Now if only the XWA Upgrade project would finish up soon...

onslaught
10-26-04, 07:06 PM
You are lucky, the crosshairs section of my screen is scambled, so I can't actually see what I am shooting at.

Ninjaman09
10-26-04, 07:09 PM
Oh, that blows.

Kinda off the subject, is anyone else pissed as hell that Lucasarts finally made a new space combat sim and it's an expansion for one of the worst games available, for a monthly fee no less? I'm fuming. I'm a huge space combat sim fan and there hasn't been a single decent one since Freespace 2.

kraigc
10-28-04, 08:09 PM
The non legible text problem has been around since the game was released. It only affects nvidia cards. I sent emails to both Lucasarts and nvidia and they basic response was sorry, the game is so old we dont have the time nor resources to correct it.

The Analog Kid
11-10-04, 08:59 PM
It's a driver issue, Det 3s work fine, it's Det 4 and Forceware drivers that screw it up. My old TNT 2 Ultra never had a problem with the text.