PDA

View Full Version : Strange Artifacts

keith33
10-18-04, 07:30 PM
Hi, I just installed my eVGA copper heatsink (successfully i think) because my video card runs 4 degrees cooler and cools down much faster. However, I've been getting strange artifacts in CS Source ever since I installed the new heatsink. And it doesn't occur in Doom 3. Farcry, or UT2004. But what should I do?????? I've turned up AA 4x and AF 16x thinking it would "smoothen out" but these things are showing up everywhere on the source engine. If anyone knows what's going on, help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about (CROPPED because it's big). I'm not overclocking either, I only oc when running 3dmark.

john19055
10-18-04, 08:05 PM
Have you tried a different drivers, and it this the only game that does this.because it should do it in more than just that game if it is something that happen when you changed the heatsink.

TeaEtchSee
10-18-04, 10:03 PM
Hi, I just installed my eVGA copper heatsink (successfully i think) because my video card runs 4 degrees cooler and cools down much faster. However, I've been getting strange artifacts in CS Source ever since I installed the new heatsink. And it doesn't occur in Doom 3. Farcry, or UT2004. But what should I do?????? I've turned up AA 4x and AF 16x thinking it would "smoothen out" but these things are showing up everywhere on the source engine. If anyone knows what's going on, help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about (CROPPED because it's big). I'm not overclocking either, I only oc when running 3dmark.

get new drivers, if that dont help....
try to reinstall the COPPER HEAT SINK...
if that dont help...RMA it

Omega53
10-18-04, 10:47 PM
Use the 65.73 drivers and the problem should go away. I get those with a lot of the 66 drivers

keith33
10-19-04, 02:36 PM
Going and trying the 65.xx drivers, thanks for everyone's help on this. It's true that nvidia users are far less idiotic then ATI ones. :D

tobywong
10-19-04, 02:39 PM
Hmm that's odd, I'm running 66.81s as well and I don't get those artifacts on that level (or any level)...