PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 Interview

jAkUp
10-19-04, 01:14 PM
Check it out :)
http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=26901

HomeLAN - Finally, we have to ask: is Team Fortress 2 officially a dead project or is that game in some kind of production?
Doug Lombardi - TF2 is not dead at all. After we announced TF2 on the HL1 tech, we made the decision to move it to the Source Engine. It is still in development and we will be announcing more on that title after HL2 ships.

Vash
10-19-04, 01:20 PM
JakUp, you are a machine. Thanks, man!

Riptide
10-19-04, 01:50 PM
LMAO

We've met with folks in Hollywood to discuss the idea of an HL movie. But around the time we hear, "And then Gordon falls in love..." we usually head back to Seattle screaming.

DMA
10-19-04, 03:05 PM
HomeLAN - What graphical features will Half-Life Source have compared to Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source?

Doug Lombardi - In terms of graphics, Half-Life: Source is the most straightforward of the Source porting work done thus far. These ports began as tests to see what MOD authors would experience if they attempted to bring their HL1 MODs forward to Source. HL: Source was the first test, and proved quite informative. But unlike CS: Source, which included new art and audio throughout, folks here had pretty firm opinions about not changing the content in HL1.

H-L: Source was the reason i went for the silver package. But that doesn't sound too hot. :o

saturnotaku
10-19-04, 03:07 PM
I don't really care about the graphics in HL: Source as much as I want to see the physics engine implemented. If that's not there, I'm gonna be seriously cheesed that I spent $80 on the collector's edition.

six_storm
10-19-04, 03:14 PM
I was debating on whether or not to get the Silver or Bronze package. I went ahead and got the bronze because I realized that I didn't like the 1st HL. I'm just ready for HL2!

jakUp, you are a forum bot or something lol.

Edge
10-20-04, 02:11 AM
I don't really care about the graphics in HL: Source as much as I want to see the physics engine implemented. If that's not there, I'm gonna be seriously cheesed that I spent $80 on the collector's edition.

True, lately that $80 Collector's Edition has been sounding worse and worse, especially when HL:S is going to be included in the Silver package. I hope someone comes out with a high-def pack for HL:S...actually are they even using the models from Blue Shift? Or the original HL1 models?

theultimo
10-20-04, 02:33 PM
True, lately that $80 Collector's Edition has been sounding worse and worse, especially when HL:S is going to be included in the Silver package. I hope someone comes out with a high-def pack for HL:S...actually are they even using the models from Blue Shift? Or the original HL1 models?
The blue shift models.