PDA

View Full Version : OCing only possible via Coolbits2?

superklye
10-19-04, 12:30 PM
I thought people said that Rivatuner and aTuner were programs that one could use to OC their cards? Well I've downloaded both and cannot find anything in the way of OCing and I don't know if I want to have CoolBits2 installed anymore because it gets rid of many options present in the nVIDIA drivers.

jAkUp
10-19-04, 12:45 PM
If you download the new Coolbits 3d, it keeps all of the standard nvidia options.

http://rootshell.be/~h4ck3d/

superklye
10-19-04, 12:58 PM
okay, cool. thanks. :)

whiskeychaser
10-19-04, 01:05 PM
i liked coolbits, but rivatuner seems to be more flexible/powerful. click the customize button on rivatuner's main load screen..it took me a while to figure that out too. In rivatuner, each setting has a great "pop up" help file describing each function too.

Buck Armstrong
10-19-04, 03:39 PM
I use the old Coolbits that just enables the Overclocking and AGP Settings pages. I find most of the crap provided by Coolbits2 either useless or redundant.

rewt
10-19-04, 03:49 PM
I agree, RivaTuner is a great tool. Thats why I put a link to it on my site!

And BTW, ewright, whats crap for you may be extremely useful for someone else. So try and show at least a little bit of respect for that :rolleyes:

jAkUp
10-19-04, 03:59 PM
Show a little more respect ewright, rewt's app is a great utility. My personal favorite for overclocking :)