PDA

View Full Version : BFG6800 GT OC to BFG6800Ultra

Stormshade
10-19-04, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know how to find out what BIOS I am using on My BFG 6800 GT OC card, and has anyone been able to successfully Update it with the BFG 6800 Ultra Bios? THanks.

saturnotaku
10-19-04, 01:42 PM
Every time someone asks about flashing a GT to an Ultra, God kills a kitten.

bkswaney
10-19-04, 01:46 PM
Every time someone asks about flashing a GT to an Ultra, God kills a kitten.

Maybe a LOT more people will ask. :lol2:

TacT
10-19-04, 02:52 PM
2cents for the hat: DO NOT FLASH YOUR GT WITH AN ULTRA BIOS!
If you want to flash it for extra volts to get higher overclocks then go flash it with a GT bios that has 1.4v instead of 1.3v - anything else is pointless unless you want an expensive paperweight in which case you should FLASH YOUR GT TO AN ULTRA NOW! :p

I dunno but I've heard of this cool google thing that loads of people have been using to answer their questions such as this one, maybe you could give it a try, you never know what you might find but if you want a bios the place to get it is www.mkvtech.net

bkswaney
10-19-04, 03:20 PM
2cents for the hat: DO NOT FLASH YOUR GT WITH AN ULTRA BIOS!
If you want to flash it for extra volts to get higher overclocks then go flash it with a GT bios that has 1.4v instead of 1.3v - anything else is pointless unless you want an expensive paperweight in which case you should FLASH YOUR GT TO AN ULTRA NOW! :p

I dunno but I've heard of this cool google thing that loads of people have been using to answer their questions such as this one, maybe you could give it a try, you never know what you might find but if you want a bios the place to get it is www.mkvtech.net

He could also just read this thread. :rolleyes:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33437

theultimo
10-19-04, 03:43 PM
Bah, Ultra BIOS will just ruin your card IMO.

Slammin
10-19-04, 03:47 PM
If you cannot tell what bios you already have then flashing it is probably something you shouldn't be thinking of doing right now.

Read more would be my advice.

mustrum
10-19-04, 03:58 PM
Look for Anzaks thread and you'll see what you get when you flash an ULTRA bios. He's not the only one having trouble. The cards use the same chip but the PCB and memory are different. DON'T FLASH AN ULTRA BIOS ON THAT GT!
Just use an editor and up the voltage to 1.4.

TacT
10-19-04, 04:47 PM
He could also just read this thread. :rolleyes:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33437

yes, why are you telling me this? I am already aware of that. Keep your :rolleyes: for someone else, love you too! bubye now

bobmanfoo
10-19-04, 05:41 PM
my bfg Gt(the earlier ones with the green pcb) is running on the bfg ultra rev3 bios right now, and it runs perfectly. its more stable than when i modded my Gt bios, it used to crash 420mhz on the core, now with the ultra bios im gaming at 435mhz, my ram sucks ass at 1.02 with either bios

Ironmanstl
10-19-04, 07:45 PM
just copy your bios with nvflash and edit it in windows with omnisomething or other and set the 3d to 1.4 then reflash with your new bios, no chance of having a mismatch then

do a search there is many detaled thread on how to do this

hypertek
10-20-04, 01:05 AM
i got the newer bfg gt (twin fan blue lsd blah blah)... flashing ultra bios was no good, my guess is this card cant handle 1.4v very well as games would crash after a few minutes. Then tried stock gt bios with 1.4v mod, games would crash also.. so back to stock for me. But my card can do 418 /1150 all along on 1.3v stock gt bios... so i really shouldnt mess around, but every lil gain helps...