View Full Version : Gainward HSFs for sale

bobmanfoo
10-19-04, 03:14 PM
http://www.gainwardusa.com/depot/gaindepot_fans.htm

bkswaney
10-19-04, 03:18 PM
Well, this suxs.
I just put a NV5 on my GT.
I would love to have ordered the dual fan setup.

Zetto
10-19-04, 03:21 PM
On the site, the first pic shows a GT reference HSF, only made of copper. What gives?

bobmanfoo
10-19-04, 03:27 PM
thats what gainward uses on there cards, as well as asus and a few others

combat_wombat
10-19-04, 04:42 PM
Well, this suxs.
I just put a NV5 on my GT.
I would love to have ordered the dual fan setup.

I'd rather have the NV5 blowing the hot air out of my computer

bkswaney
10-19-04, 05:00 PM
I'd rather have the NV5 blowing the hot air out of my computer

This is true. :)

keith33
10-19-04, 05:01 PM
Would the big two fan design fit on my XFX reference design????? That looks too awesome to pass up.

ragejg
10-19-04, 05:06 PM
I can personally attest to the fact that the 2-slot works better and runs cooler than the single slot... Check the blurb out re: the single slot GS card in my latest review (linked in my sig). :)

INGlewood78
10-19-04, 05:35 PM
NV5 would be better and only cost a few bucks more.

bobmanfoo
10-19-04, 05:51 PM
Would the big two fan design fit on my XFX reference design????? That looks too awesome to pass up.
it will fit, but i don't know how much better it would be than thr reference ULtra hsf.

as for the NV5 i have seen very mixed impressions, some with low temps, some with high temps, some not fitting right, and some not fitting at all. if i were to pay $30 for a hsf i expect it to require no modding, sheesh if i wanted to mod something id get a thermalright and ramsinks. the reported temps of the gainward hsfs have been consistent, i've seen idle temps from high 40s to mid 50s, and load temps from high 50s to mid 60s.

INGlewood78
10-19-04, 05:53 PM
it will fit, but i don't know how much better it would be than thr reference ULtra hsf.

as for the NV5 i have seen very mixed impressions, some with low temps, some with high temps, some not fitting right, and some not fitting at all. if i were to pay $30 for a hsf i expect it to require no modding, sheesh if i wanted to mod something id get a thermalright and ramsinks. the reported temps of the gainward hsfs have been consistent, i've seen idle temps from high 40s to mid 50s, and load temps from high 50s to mid 60s.

eh?..isnt that because the heastsink is already installed by the factory when you buy the gainward card? Theres no evidence that it would fit "perfectly" if you buy it as an "aftermarket" heatsink and install it on a card thats not manufactured by gainward.

bkswaney
10-19-04, 05:56 PM

My NV5 fits great. I guess I got a good one. :)
I ordered mine from newegg.

bobmanfoo
10-19-04, 06:04 PM
eh?..isnt that because the heastsink is already installed by the factory when you buy the gainward card? Theres no evidence that it would fit "perfectly" if you buy it as an "aftermarket" heatsink and install it on a card thats not manufactured by gainward.
it fits fine, the mounting holes are exactly the same, if you don't believe me search for pics on urself and check it out, my bro has the gainward GT and the copper evga hs fit on his card fine

My NV5 fits great. I guess I got a good one. :)
I ordered mine from newegg.
but aren't ur temps a bit high? i used to get 58 idle and 83C load on my BFG GT with reference hsf according to rivatuner's hardware monitor that was running in the background while i played for hours. and i have a CM wavemaster case, has really bad airflow, my temps dropped to 55 idle and 78Cload with the side panel off. now im using my custom cooling and idle at 49C and loads at 58C

ChrisRay
10-19-04, 06:05 PM
I like that Dual Slot cooling solution they offer, With Dual Fans

MustangSVT
10-19-04, 06:50 PM
The dual fan cooler is the one they offer on their GT cards (same one I have). It's a pretty tight cooler, and I really like that mine came with that stock. It's just as cool as those Galaxy 6800 GT cards with the NV5 on them. Only difference is you can't find Galaxy cards in canada.

mustrum
10-19-04, 07:48 PM
Who would want to pay money for that?
This is the lodest cooling solution that'S out there for 6800's.
You can throttle them of course but then the cooling sucks.

bkswaney
10-19-04, 07:55 PM
it fits fine, the mounting holes are exactly the same, if you don't believe me search for pics on urself and check it out, my bro has the gainward GT and the copper evga hs fit on his card fine

but aren't ur temps a bit high? i used to get 58 idle and 83C load on my BFG GT with reference hsf according to rivatuner's hardware monitor that was running in the background while i played for hours. and i have a CM wavemaster case, has really bad airflow, my temps dropped to 55 idle and 78Cload with the side panel off. now im using my custom cooling and idle at 49C and loads at 58C

My temps are great!
They dropped 17 degree's with the NV5. I would say that's really good. :)

My max load temp with the factory BFG dual
fan was 96 load.
My max with the NV5 is 80 when running RTHDRIBL for 45min.
I can game for hours and it never gets over 72. :D
Heck it never gets over 73 when running 3DM03.

INGlewood78
10-19-04, 07:58 PM

I think its inaccurate to say that this heatsink will fit better than a NV5. Some people also have a fine fitting NV5 on their GTs. So if the variation is there with the NV5..then its accurate to say that the variation will be there with the Gainward heatsink also. If the Gainward heatsink was significantly cheaper, then we can have an intelligent arguement on price vs performance, but it's not...so why would anyone get this instead of a silencer? Other than the fact that they want to be unique..

Zetto
10-19-04, 09:05 PM
Well, a little competition to Arctic Cooling won't hurt. They are slacking off in terms of quality me thinks, resting on the laurels of the wildly popupar original VGA Silencer :D I got stupid POS NV5 only because I liked the original so much on my 9800pro ;)