PDA

View Full Version : bfg 6800gt 1.6v agp slot....

Ironmanstl
10-20-04, 01:17 PM
I have read a few posts regarding bfg likes to have the agp volts at 1.6 instead of 1.5 in the m/b bios but it sems the info I read is always second hand...

has any1 here ACTUALLY talked to bfg and been told to set it to 1.6 or does anyone have a link to an official thread stating this?

thanx
Iron

EciDemon
10-20-04, 01:23 PM
Things like this are usually results of experiments from people with stability problems.
I dont think BFG ever sayd something like that, but dont quote me on that.
Over volting is just like overclocking, no support and warrenties voided.

jmclaugh
10-20-04, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure that I read that somewhere as well... that BFG support had actually recommended that someone try upping their AGP VDDQ to 1.6v. That doesn't make it credible, but that's what the person was claiming. He also said it helped with his problems.

mustrum
10-20-04, 03:19 PM
1.6v helped remove stuttering with some 9700'S as well.
If everything works just fine i'd stick with 1.5v. If there's a problem 1.6v are worth a try. It's not like 1.6v would fry the card or something like that.

maddbomber83
10-21-04, 04:03 AM
I bought my first BFG6800gt oc two days ago and it would get massive screan corruption whenever you did something 3d ish.

On top of making sure everything on my system was upgraded the BFG tech told me to put it at 1.6 volts.

As it turned out the card was bad and I replaced it with another that day (used BestBuy exchange policy, although BFG offered the rma, would have taken a day or two longer).

The new card is running great, and it is on 1.6 volts.

So in short, yes BFG told me to put my card on 1.6 volts to try and solve its problems, but they probably won't tell you to do the same thing if you are trying to overclock.

maddbomber83
10-21-04, 04:05 AM
Things like this are usually results of experiments from people with stability problems.
I dont think BFG ever sayd something like that, but dont quote me on that.
Over volting is just like overclocking, no support and warrenties voided.

Oh and I asked the question, wouldn't upping it to 1.6 void my warranty and the tech said no. Although they have said overclocking will void it.

:)

Now I'm sure the flash I did to the bios just now to up it to 1.4 volts voided the waranty :)

TeaEtchSee
10-21-04, 08:28 AM
1.6v is alot :) thas all i have to say .... :angel2:

Chippy
10-21-04, 09:55 AM
EDIT:

Content deleted as I was talking out of my arse.

Nothing new there then ;-)

Chip

jmclaugh
10-21-04, 01:32 PM
1.6v is alot :) thas all i have to say .... :angel2:

They're not talking about the video card's voltage (for which 1.6 would be a lot, yes). They're talking about the AGP VDDQ voltage in the motherboard BIOS. There's a difference.

john19055
10-21-04, 09:23 PM
On my MSI K8N Neo Platinum with my Evga 6800ultra That is what I had to set it at 1.6v or I would get pauses.I know that what is was because when I set it to default and played a game or ran a benchmark I would get pauses or studdering ,what ever you want to call it,but as soon as I increased the AGP voltage to 1.6v everthing worked fine.IMO .1v is not that much on the AGP voltage when it helps so much.But in my case I think the AGP was undervolted on my motherboard because my other motherboard ASUS A7N8X-Deluxe it worked fine at 1.5v,but this was'nt the case with my MSI K8N Neo Platinum.

noko
10-21-04, 09:29 PM
I've used 1.7v but didn't notice a difference so I now keep it 1.6v. At 1.5v I have slightly less stability at high fsb settings.

bkswaney
10-21-04, 09:34 PM
I'm running my AGP .1 volt over factory right now.
I always run mine videocards that way. :)

jmclaugh
10-23-04, 02:22 PM
I believe I read somewhere that the AGP VDDQ voltage actually affects the AGP bus more than the video card itself... that could explain why it helps with stability when you're running at a higher FSB (especially if your motherboard doesn't have an AGP bus frequency lock). I've been having problems with my Gainward Ultra/2400 GS (6800GT), and bumping the VDDQ up to 1.6v seems like it may have helped, though I still need to do some additional testing.