PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas jacked...

LiquidX
10-20-04, 08:57 PM
According to GameSpot.com

Seems like the biggest games for both Sony and MS has now been stolen. I guess Bungie can now feel a little bit better not being alone. You would think they would have better security like Valve. (mag)

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/20/news_6111057.html

******WARNING******
It seems some are getting confused so let me clarify. Rockstar developed Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and not Sony. Bungie devloped Halo 2 and not Microsoft. Finally Valve devolped Half Life 2 and not...the PC.

|MaguS|
10-20-04, 09:36 PM
GTA releases in a week... not a month. So... Its not nearly as bad as Halo 2 getting pirated early. Think Publishers need to realize that sending games to Retailers weeks or months in advance is asking for trouble.

Rockstar (Sony has NOTHING to do with GTA except for being on thier console) AND MS have great security seeing how the game or beta was never leaked. It was due to poor retailer security that a copy was able to be stolen.

Slybri
10-20-04, 10:59 PM
Well, first Halo 2 for xbox (though a french copy), now GTA:SA for PS2.
Will they go for the trifecta and leak Half Life 2 early?

Though Steam would make it difficult, they've already got a playable CS:source
you can "obtain."

This is starting to bug me. Not only can the warez bastards get major release games for free, they get them weeks before the legit gamers. I'm worried about what the software companies will do to stop it. Punch in a credit card number everytime you play? something awful like that....

EciDemon
10-20-04, 11:10 PM
nothing new about games being warzed before the actuall release date. happens all the time.

LiquidX
10-20-04, 11:29 PM
Yeah but it was never been this common as it's becoming on the consoles. Half Life 2 wouldnt surprise me at all but Halo 2 sure as hell did. Now GTA, the biggest game for Sony this year.

MustangSVT
10-20-04, 11:49 PM
Grand Prix 4 came out on the underground scene a few months before it hit shelves (about 3 to 4 months). Also, let me think there's another game that came out really early on internet. WarCraft III was spread a week before shelves. Industry Giant II came out a full two months. Crazy Taxi (1) a full 3 months. Just to give you something to think about, this has happened many times before where the game came out on internet more than a month before shelves.

As a comparison, TOCA Race Driver 2, Colin McRae Rally 2005 and Beyond Divinity haven't gotten distributed over the net yet, because of the special dvd protection they use.

Phoking
10-21-04, 02:13 AM
Yeah but it was never been this common as it's becoming on the consoles. Half Life 2 wouldnt surprise me at all but Halo 2 sure as hell did. Now GTA, the biggest game for Sony this year.

why do u keep saying sony? they didnt make the game.. its only on their consoles.. Rockstar makes GTA games..

Anyways, I think popular game sites should not be making this kind of news so public (its on gamespot's front page). It makes more people aware and possibly interested about illegal topics. I believe this because there are always people on forums asking about where to get warez this or that who have had no previous knowledge of such things.

MustangSVT
10-21-04, 02:55 AM
CaN u GuYs HeLp mE DoWnLoAD GRAND THEFT SAN ANDREAS I HEAR IT'S OUT AND I WANT TO PLAYZ IT.

Nah, just messing with you guys. :o

LiquidX
10-21-04, 09:57 AM
why do u keep saying sony? they didnt make the game.. its only on their consoles.. Rockstar makes GTA games..

Anyways, I think popular game sites should not be making this kind of news so public (its on gamespot's front page). It makes more people aware and possibly interested about illegal topics. I believe this because there are always people on forums asking about where to get warez this or that who have had no previous knowledge of such things.

I say Sony relative to there system. For now San Andreas is exclusive to Sony, just like Halo2 to MS and just like HL2 to the PC. San Andreas is expected to be the biggest selling game on the Sony PS2 this year as does Halo 2 is expect to be the biggest selling game on the MS XBox this year. Both gamees are made by there respected devs one of which I note but what I was pointing out is that the game expected to sell the most for both Sony's console and MS console have been leaked nothing more, I am not implying or saying they were made by Sony or MS. You really found that so hard to understand? I guess others will to so here is a warning with even bold red letters for an emergency. :ORDER:

******WARNING******
It seems some are getting confused so let me clarify. Rockstar developed Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and not Sony. Bungie devloped Halo 2 and not Microsoft. Finally Valve devolped Half Life 2 and not...the PC.

BioHazZarD
10-21-04, 10:21 AM
and soon HL2 will suffer the same ****.

MustangSVT
10-21-04, 11:40 AM
HL2 RC1 already been leaked like a few weeks ago.

|MaguS|
10-21-04, 11:55 AM
******WARNING******

Yes but Sony doesn't own Rockstar yet... MS owns Bungie and the Halo brand name... if they wanted to make Halo 3 internally while Bungi went off and made another title they are in thier full rights to do so because Bungi was dumb enough to sell all thier liceneses along with the company, unlike Valve who owns the Half-Life license.

H3avyM3tal
10-22-04, 11:38 AM
It doesn't really matters. It's still a blow to both sony and microsoft.

GamerGuyX
10-22-04, 01:09 PM
It doesn't really matters. It's still a blow to both sony and microsoft.

No, its GOOD for Microsoft. Their biggest competitor has just had their biggest game leaked onto the internet. Sony will lose money because some people will no longer buy it. That's good for Microsoft.

Slybri
10-23-04, 06:05 PM
No, its GOOD for Microsoft. Their biggest competitor has just had their biggest game leaked onto the internet. Sony will lose money because some people will no longer buy it. That's good for Microsoft.

Bad for Rockstar you mean. Sony just makes the machine, not the software. But I suppose it is worse for them since you don;t need a modchip to play warez on the PS2, whereas you need to mod the xbox. Then again they probably could sell more machines if folks knew that.

Another point, the Halo2 that was leaked was in french. This GTA:SA is a perfect copy of the US release. Music and all.

Another thing...There was a Japanese copy of Ace Combat 5 leaked a week ago.
Lo and behold a few days later GAMESPOT posts an early hands-on of the japanese version which they happened to aquire. At the same time they rant about pirates leaking Halo2 and GTA:SA. Sure they could have had a copy imported, but I think they warezd it!

Still, this piracy is getting out of hand. I'm sure the next gen consoles will have all manner of devious pain in the ass counter measures to prevent Piracy. Which the hackers will defeat easily....

Still again, Halo 2 will make more money in it's first day than any movie's opening day take in history. I don't think Sony or Microsoft are that worried.

S.I.N
10-23-04, 06:21 PM
Bad for Rockstar you mean. Sony just makes the machine, not the software. But I suppose it is worse for them since you don;t need a modchip to play warez on the PS2, whereas you need to mod the xbox. Then again they probably could sell more machines if folks knew that.

Another point, the Halo2 that was leaked was in french. This GTA:SA is a perfect copy of the US release. Music and all.

Another thing...There was a Japanese copy of Ace Combat 5 leaked a week ago.
Lo and behold a few days later GAMESPOT posts an early hands-on of the japanese version which they happened to aquire. At the same time they rant about pirates leaking Halo2 and GTA:SA. Sure they could have had a copy imported, but I think they warezd it!

Still, this piracy is getting out of hand. I'm sure the next gen consoles will have all manner of devious pain in the ass counter measures to prevent Piracy. Which the hackers will defeat easily....

Still again, Halo 2 will make more money in it's first day than any movie's opening day take in history. I don't think Sony or Microsoft are that worried.

Bad for rockstar bad sony etc. Read back what these boys are saying there not saying Sony or Microsoft makes the games just that the game is for their system and it has been leaked. And come on thats a little bit out there to think Gamespot is useing a pirated copy of Ace. I have been following Ace with some other fanatics and I heard nothing about this leak but IGN also had a preview up the same day with the seem pics so it was Namco who supplied the copies and pictures to both sites.

I agree though pirating is getting out of hand. I buy all my games for me and my bro and it gets to me that some can get it free. I guess Nintendo was the smartest of the bunch, they lose almost nothing to piracy from the GameCube.

thunderhippo
10-24-04, 06:17 PM
do people even play the ps2 anymore?
i traded mine in years ago.

GamerGuyX
10-24-04, 06:24 PM
do people even play the ps2 anymore?
i traded mine in years ago.

Yes people do still play PS2. It is in fact the best selling of the 3 consoles.

aAv7
10-24-04, 09:12 PM
I sold my ps2 after vice city in 2002. The new sleek design sure looks nice, but there's alot of better things to be had for $150 bucks.

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 08:14 AM
In console gaming? Damn right! There's the Gamecube! Now THAT's a good system. I've got the most enjoyment out of the three big systems from my 'Cube. Ugh, and Metroid Prime: Echoes comes out the same day as Half-Life 2...bastards!

six_storm
10-25-04, 12:02 PM
GTA III was the reason I bought a PS2 over XBOX and I DO NOT REGRET IT. I've enjoyed my PS2 more than any console I've ever owned. I just about bought an XBOX but I thought the only good game that I couldn't play on PS2 was Ninja Gaiden. XBOX has great graphics and sweet surround sound but not really worth buying once you have a PS2 (and you're short on cash). The GameCube on the other hand, IMO, was not a very smart thing by Nintendo. You cannot play DVDs nor even music CDs on it! Even like I said for the XBOX, Zelda and Metroid are really the only good games for GC (maybe RE4, never played it). GTA:SA is going to frickin rock my face off, same for HL2. I feel a little sorry for peeps who don't own a PS2 today . . .

mrrolf
10-25-04, 01:25 PM
I've been reading many threads at OffTopic about the game. Some people d/l'ed the warez and let others know what it was like. It seems the GTA:SA is a huge improvment from ViceCity. The world sounded HUGE. There were many side missions. The music was incredible. The comments the characters make...etc...

Damn I wish I had PS2. maybe I could pawn off the old g/f.

I'd give you the links... but it'd take a couple days for you membership to go though... :/