10-20-04, 08:15 PM
Man this card is smoking crack.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19132

To the moon!
:lol2: :ORDER:

I would love to get my hands on one.
450/1200 stock with air is off the chain. :D
A nice kick in the teeth to ATI.
Man I wish they had used the 66.81's. ;)

Slammin
10-20-04, 09:20 PM
Wow, very nice card!

Viral
10-20-04, 10:24 PM
I'm not surprised seeing my 2400/Ultra GS GT does 425/1220. It would have been nice if they had put a good cooling solution on this too, or is this the non Golden Sample?

vläd
10-20-04, 11:37 PM
I believe the one The Inquirer is speaking of is the Extreme/2600. (http://www.gainward.de/new/products/ultra_2000/comparison.html)

Which is supposedly not going to be offered in the States. :fu:

bkswaney
10-21-04, 12:19 AM
I believe the one The Inquirer is speaking of is the Extreme/2600. (http://www.gainward.de/new/products/ultra_2000/comparison.html)

Which is supposedly not going to be offered in the States. :fu:

That suxs a big one! :banghead: (bs2)

Just think how bad the NV40 would kill the XTPE
if it could clock up to 525 core. :D :D

Kahju
10-21-04, 01:37 AM
Well luckily my Gainward 6800 Ultra golden sample is running 450/1200 quite well also ;)

weeds
10-21-04, 01:58 AM
Well luckily my Gainward 6800 Ultra golden sample is running 450/1200 quite well also ;)

:thumbsup: Same here, mine runs nice and stable @ 450/1230 :)

rohit
10-21-04, 02:20 AM
SWEET MAMA, thats wat i call OVERCLOKIN that givs PERFORMANCE
VALUE FOR MONY!
That card is OOOOSOMEEE!!!
LONG LIVE GAINWARD!!!
:nanahump: :nanahump: :nanahump:

mustrum
10-21-04, 03:11 AM
What's new about this? This card is known for quite some time now. It's gainwarts U EE and barely existent.
Sure it's a nice card but it's only an overclocked ULTRA and not more.
You can't even squeeze much more out of the core wich makes the typical XT PE beat this card since they mostly can OC quite a bit.
There's XT PE's with 700mhz core floating around! (Heavily voltmodded of course) :drooling:

ken1307
10-21-04, 06:09 AM
There's XT PE's with 700mhz core floating around! (Heavily voltmodded of course) :drooling:

then why dont you compare it with an Vmod 6800Ultra?

bkswaney
10-21-04, 07:33 AM
What's new about this? This card is known for quite some time now. It's gainwarts U EE and barely existent.
Sure it's a nice card but it's only an overclocked ULTRA and not more.
You can't even squeeze much more out of the core wich makes the typical XT PE beat this card since they mostly can OC quite a bit.

We r talking about "out of the box" performance. :rolleyes:

mustrum
10-21-04, 11:38 AM
We r talking about "out of the box" performance. :rolleyes:
Yeah that's why i even brought it up. The said Gainward is nothing other than an overclocked ULTRA. It's no new chip revision or anything. Just handpicked ULTRAS and some appear to be not stable at the advertised speed.

When i read Gainward the red lights go on here. Very shady company.

vläd
10-21-04, 01:02 PM
When i read Gainward the red lights go on here. Very shady company.

I have had no major issues with the 3 Gainward Golden Samples that I have purchased, save one. My 2600 GS developed a fan issue, one of the two fans wouldn't spin itself up from a cold start. Gainward sent a new fan assembly out and it's have not had a hiccup since.

mustrum
10-21-04, 02:34 PM
I have had no major issues with the 3 Gainward Golden Samples that I have purchased, save one. My 2600 GS developed a fan issue, one of the two fans wouldn't spin itself up from a cold start. Gainward sent a new fan assembly out and it's have not had a hiccup since.
That's one out of three. Of course it surely isn't that bad but no other 6800 manufacturer has so many faulty cards or cards that make trouble right now.

There's so many other 6800 brands out there and they all are cheaper and more quiet.

bkswaney
10-21-04, 02:37 PM
One thing is for sure.... Gainward has had a lot of bad cards out.

Well, I've also saw quiet a few post on bad BFG GT's to.
Tho I'm most happy with my BFG. ;)

rohit
10-22-04, 01:10 AM
all makes hav had a batch of bad cards
gainward, bfg, msi with non-ultras n ultras, asus faulty with a afew ultras, gigabyte's wrong bios loaded in 6800GT's n nu's, leadtek's undercloked trend or lite versions.

its jus that i person should be smart enuf not to crib over it, n jus RMA it.
Gainward cards are generally good, comparitively, if it can giv an out-of-the-box overcloked card,baking it up with warranty, wats more u want. everyone wants to overclok the card, this comes pre-overcloked under warranty.
that should be appreciated! If i had the cash and chance n luk it being available here, i'd buy one :lol2:

mustrum
10-22-04, 03:18 AM
all makes hav had a batch of bad cards
gainward, bfg, msi with non-ultras n ultras, asus faulty with a afew ultras, gigabyte's wrong bios loaded in 6800GT's n nu's, leadtek's undercloked trend or lite versions.

its jus that i person should be smart enuf not to crib over it, n jus RMA it.
Gainward cards are generally good, comparitively, if it can giv an out-of-the-box overcloked card,baking it up with warranty, wats more u want. everyone wants to overclok the card, this comes pre-overcloked under warranty.
that should be appreciated! If i had the cash and chance n luk it being available here, i'd buy one :lol2:
You never ever actually saw a Gainward card in action did you?
Here's a step by step tutorial how you can experience it:
1: Take your car
2: Drive to the next airport
3: Sit on the landing/starting strip
4: Enjoy the sound of the jets that are starting

Now you know the sound of a gainwardpowered gaming system.
YAY!

A friend of mine owns a 6800 GT GS. The 1st was defective and the second is making him go nuts. What's the warranty worth when most costumers have to void it to get the friggin thing silent?

rohit
10-22-04, 07:48 AM
Sound,
sound is a different issue. i was talkin about the quality of the card. n its overclokin ability/stability, n it being defective.

Sound is & will be always an issue.
My pentium4 makes a freaky sound, that makes me go nuts, during gaming, the damn FAN RPM goes to 5200+, Overcloked or non-overcloked, with ASUS Q-Fan On!
My friends AMD ATHLON64's FAn makes teh highest sound.
I guess u comparing the gainward card to jet's.
U shld compare the processor sounds to a PHREAKIN ROCKET!

Oh yes i have seen, a cyber cafe near by has a couple of Gainward GS FX5700Ultra's, n it really does overclok well!
All i am tryin to say, is the gainward or any othr made 6800U, on overclokin to 450MHz core, havin stock coolin, will make a sound, but other makes are not providin warranty on overclokin, as gainward is. So it is a overcloker's friendly card, hu doesnt regard, SOUND, as an issue.

mustrum
10-22-04, 08:02 AM
Sound,
sound is a different issue. i was talkin about the quality of the card. n its overclokin ability/stability, n it being defective.

Sound is & will be always an issue.
My pentium4 makes a freaky sound, that makes me go nuts, during gaming, the damn FAN RPM goes to 5200+, Overcloked or non-overcloked, with ASUS Q-Fan On!
My friends AMD ATHLON64's FAn makes teh highest sound.
I guess u comparing the gainward card to jet's.
U shld compare the processor sounds to a PHREAKIN ROCKET!

Oh yes i have seen, a cyber cafe near by has a couple of Gainward GS FX5700Ultra's, n it really does overclok well!
All i am tryin to say, is the gainward or any othr made 6800U, on overclokin to 450MHz core, havin stock coolin, will make a sound, but other makes are not providin warranty on overclokin, as gainward is. So it is a overcloker's friendly card, hu doesnt regard, SOUND, as an issue.
Hehe ok. If you find a Gainward Ultra GS with 450mhz, without any loose screws and you can stand the noise: Have fun with it.
I spent my money into a decent watercooling sytem instead and it's the best thing i ever did. Nothing is better than a completely inaudibe system.
You'll get 450mhz out af nearly any ULTRA with water anyways.

rohit
10-23-04, 07:30 AM
i'd stay with a normal coolin system, too many problems/complications with watercoolin.
1] complicated setup
2] EXPENSIVE
3] Risky (water may spill.. & i dont find fireworx impressive.. especially wen it comes to my system)
4] not-possible in my country, aint available.

I'd rather use my 5.1 creative sound, n overcome the Sound of My system fans,
watsay, y do we buy speakers with our system for??

mustrum
10-23-04, 08:12 AM
i'd stay with a normal coolin system, too many problems/complications with watercoolin.
1] complicated setup
2] EXPENSIVE
3] Risky (water may spill.. & i dont find fireworx impressive.. especially wen it comes to my system)
4] not-possible in my country, aint available.

I'd rather use my 5.1 creative sound, n overcome the Sound of My system fans,
watsay, y do we buy speakers with our system for??

You should read up on watercooling a bit. It's really great and you can minimize the risk easy. There's even sets where you only have to apply the cooler.The best WC setups are allwas the ones you set up by yourself though.
There's shops that ship worldwide.
And yes it's expensive. No way around that one. See it like this: You can use the WC system in the next system you build still.
Mine will cool my upcomming S939 a64 system in like 6 months.
Waterblocks are pretty versatile. I could mount mine on any CPU that's available and will be able to use it on multicore GPUs later on still.

K007
10-23-04, 11:00 AM
That benchmark is using stoneage drivers...

mustrum
10-23-04, 11:34 AM
That benchmark is using stoneage drivers...
Huh? What are you talking about? Did i miss something?