PDA

View Full Version : Steam Unlocking HL2 date

Vanzagar
10-21-04, 03:06 PM
I've got the full HL2 downloaded and awaiting unlocking by steam, are they going to unlock it on the same date it hits store shelves or maybe a little earlier? Anyone know the official "unlocking" date for steam...

THanks,

Vanz

Ninjaman09
10-21-04, 03:13 PM
Same as the release date, November 16th. They can't unlock it before the game is released on shelves because of a legal agreement with their publisher, Vivendi Universal.

GlowStick
10-21-04, 04:17 PM
They also said that they will probly unlock it if a ven-duh breaks the nov 16 date, however true that is is or you to gamble on.

Basicly i can see they would say that, but not really do it unless they tell all the stores to put it on the shelfs

Ninjaman09
10-21-04, 04:20 PM
Right, so let's hope a vendor breaks the date :D

nVidi0t
10-21-04, 04:22 PM
Nov 16th newsflash: "GABE NEWELL EATS STEAM SERVER! HL2 DELAYED!"

superklye
10-21-04, 04:36 PM

hahaha

NAZCA M12
10-21-04, 05:16 PM

Although i'm against bashing Gabe's weight, **** me, i almost choked on this one. :lol2:

Slybri
10-30-04, 11:19 PM
what I'd like to know is, what TIME on the 16th?
midnight the morning of? SOme Best Buys will have a midnight sale im sure... And what Time Zone?

Hell I could have that game finished by that afternoon if they unlock it at midnight....and I've got lots of mountain dew and smoke...

SH64
10-30-04, 11:51 PM
midnight the morning of? SOme Best Buys will have a midnight sale im sure... And what Time Zone?

Hell I could have that game finished by that afternoon if they unlock it at midnight....and I've got lots of mountain dew and smoke...

Day or night .. i dont care :p . i'll just keep my PC up & running in the 15th (or the 14th) & leave Steam running in the background so whenever its out it'll unlock it ASAP & i start gaming :D
NO SLEEPING for me until i finish at least a hefty portion of the game !

Gaco
10-31-04, 11:02 AM

I would think it would be the Greenwhich Mean time = GMT 00
Wouldn't it?

theultimo
10-31-04, 02:57 PM
I would think it would be the Greenwhich Mean time = GMT 00
Wouldn't it?

Hmm....i still think somebody is gonna release it early, around 10-14th.

Nocturnaloner
11-02-04, 10:55 PM
Just remember that the early unlocking rumor got started by the guy who runs BluesNews. Valve never said anything about it.

--edit---

Oops, sorry. Steve Gibson of Shacknews said it. Right here: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/34091/
No one from Valve ever said it, yet people are taking it as gospel.

six_storm
11-03-04, 08:58 AM
Hmm....i still think somebody is gonna release it early, around 10-14th.

That's what I'm hoping for. I know that once Nov 9th hits, all I'll be seeing on the Internet is all this Halo 2 crap. I'm ready for HL2 to release early and blow Halo 2 outta tha way. :nanahump:

Slybri
11-03-04, 04:35 PM
I'm thinking 12pm the 15th, eastern time. That's when the bestbuys on the east coast will probably open up for midnight sales.

I'll be sitting in front my computer playing cs:s, and waiting....

|JuiceZ|
11-03-04, 04:43 PM
I'll be sitting in front my computer playing cs:s, and waiting....

|MaguS|
11-03-04, 06:09 PM
Im guessing the time will be whenever its midnight at valve..