PDA

View Full Version : When Is Gainward Going To Start Sending Out New 6800 Gts???

JimmyWang214
10-22-04, 01:41 AM
Ok as I posted her a while ago, my Gainward 6800 GT GS fried my already shoddy DFI Nforce 2. I RMA'd the card a month and a half ago but Gameve says they can't help me out until Gainward starts shipping out cards to retailers. Does anyone know when Gainward's going to fix whatever seems to be the problem and send out new cards???

mike2h
10-22-04, 03:28 AM
they are probably in the same fix leadtek is. no parts. differnce of course is leadtek tring to sneak their gt 'lites' in.
after 2 weeks of waiting i had gameve replace my card with one of the new gigabyte cards. wished i had not waited so long. great card!

JimmyWang214
10-22-04, 08:20 AM
they are probably in the same fix leadtek is. no parts. differnce of course is leadtek tring to sneak their gt 'lites' in.
after 2 weeks of waiting i had gameve replace my card with one of the new gigabyte cards. wished i had not waited so long. great card!

I asked Gameve about giving an equivalent but they didn't say if they would/could do that or not. Unfortunately the Gainward costs like 30-40 dollars more than most GTs and if they only gave me a new ("inferior") card, I'd want the cash difference. They did say that if Gainward doesn't do give them anything in a reasonable amount of time, they'd give me a refund.

mike2h
10-22-04, 01:07 PM
what is a 'reasonable' amount of time?