PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Setting Tab Gone !!

bagman
10-22-04, 07:46 AM
HI guys
Just installed my new Gigabyte 6800GT and I note that with either the Forceware 66.81 or 61.77 installed the temperature tab is not there.
Used to be when I had my 5900. Any clues ??
I assume that the 6800's have this option available ??
My old 4600ti didn't, so I wud be surprised if the 6800's didn't have that option being a much more advanced card

Thks for yur help

cheers

Superfly
10-22-04, 07:55 AM
yup - you should have it - weird that you dont.

are you using coolbits at all??

Coldmud
10-22-04, 09:02 AM
You can do some nv folder editing in the reg entry:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]

Check for some string called "NvCplThermalSettings", mine's set at "20" hexa and i have the temperature folder, so try that setting...

backup registry first!

TeaEtchSee
10-22-04, 09:10 AM
HI guys
Just installed my new Gigabyte 6800GT and I note that with either the Forceware 66.81 or 61.77 installed the temperature tab is not there.
Used to be when I had my 5900. Any clues ??
I assume that the 6800's have this option available ??
My old 4600ti didn't, so I wud be surprised if the 6800's didn't have that option being a much more advanced card

Thks for yur help

cheers

is the plug in all the way?

*delete your drivers
*use Driver Cleaner after to make shure its all gone

and reinstall driver (i use Omega drivers)

rewt
10-22-04, 05:14 PM
I had this problem once, when I used the wrong TV-out cable.

You can do some nv folder editing in the reg entry:[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]

Check for some string called "NvCplThermalSettings", mine's set at "20" hexa and i have the temperature folder, so try that setting...

That setting doesn't enable the thermal page. It enables GPU core threshold notification. 20 means it's ON. The proper string for the thermal page would be;

"NvCplNvThermPage"=dword:1

Subtestube
10-22-04, 05:31 PM
No, you won't see it on a Gigabyte card - they use non-standard temp sensors that are not picked up by Forceware [at present]. They may be at a later stage. Either use the provided V-Tuner 2, or use
Speedfan (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php).
Speedfan isn't stable on all systems - it occasionally crashes on mine or reads spikes in temps that aren't really there. No biggie though.