PDA

View Full Version : Everquest 2 ships on November 8th

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Graphicmaniac
10-28-04, 08:37 AM
ah another thing, how many GB does it take on the hard disck?

redoulent
10-28-04, 08:47 AM
I heard it is 3 DVD's and that is why no download/buy options. That might be the collector's edition though.

Who remembers making the Qeynos/Freeport run at level 1?

Or the first time you A'd your Guild Master!

Or Griffin attacks near Freeport!

I for one will never buy/play another Sony game online. I'm still too bitter about the horrible way they treated their players for the 3 years I played. They would make sweeping changes, deny them, players would then prove they did it, then they would be like yeah we changed it, bite us!

I will also never forgive them for allowing a level 30 mage pet to beat the shyte outta my level 38 Paladin because the mage went linkdead.

|MaguS|
10-28-04, 09:06 AM
The game is on a single DVD with the CE being 2DVD's. The current Beta installation is around 4GBs.

Paladins sucked untill luclin... thats why you got owned by a Mage Pet. As for treatment? I have only had one issue with a GM, all other times the CS and GM's/Guides were great.

spirited1
10-28-04, 11:56 AM
The EQ that now exists is mostly SOE employees whom, in my opinion, need to get their collective heads out of their asses.

Agreed. EQ1 jumped the shark when Luclin was released.

ChrisRay
10-28-04, 03:58 PM
Agreed. EQ1 jumped the shark when Luclin was released.

Sony designed a "better" PVE system and class balance, They however didnt design a better "Role Play" feel to the game. Giving Sony the benefit of the doubt Everquest was a balance nightmare and to fix it probably took alot of adjusting and changing the entire games centric. They did a pretty good job of rebalancing the game. It did take several expansions but they managed to do so.

Giving this is Sonys chance to start from scratch and they are actually able to truly balance the game. The chance does seem there that they can create a good game.

nrdstrm
10-28-04, 07:09 PM
Ouch...Been playing on medium settings and tried to turn up stuff to high and added player shadows increased lights etc and ended up with a nice slide show on my rig (p4 3.0, 1GB Hyperx 400, 36gb Raptor, and dun dun dun.....A 5900Ultra...Heh...
Still looks and runs great at meduim settings with environmental shadows (not character shadows) on. It is one of the most beautiful games I've ever seen though...even on my machine...
Nrdstrm
Oh yeah, the game play is fun too ;)

Graphicmaniac
10-28-04, 07:27 PM
But if even a 5900U with p4 3.0 make it run good with medium settings, then why a fx-55 + 6800U is not able to make it run at max?

could the bottleneck be the ram? maybe it need 2GB?

excuseme but what resolution do you use? 1024?

zoth
10-28-04, 08:12 PM
But if even a 5900U with p4 3.0 make it run good with medium settings, then why a fx-55 + 6800U is not able to make it run at max?

I can run it with all the settings maxed (extreme quality) at 1600x1200. The typical framerate is 20 -50 fps. Its very playable at that resolution.

I choose to play at high quality tho because I get a much higher consistent framerate.

I do have a nice rig tho, BFG 6800 ultra OC, 2 gigs of ram (XMS), p4 3.4 extreme edition.

It also looks cool in span mode split between my 2, 20 inch LCD's (dell 2001 ).

The enviroments in this game are just breathtaking,and IMHO this is the best looking game I have ever seen.

Xav
10-29-04, 01:52 AM
I can run it with all the settings maxed (extreme quality) at 1600x1200. The typical framerate is 20 -50 fps. Its very playable at that resolution.

I choose to play at high quality tho because I get a much higher consistent framerate.

I do have a nice rig tho, BFG 6800 ultra OC, 2 gigs of ram (XMS), p4 3.4 extreme edition.

It also looks cool in span mode split between my 2, 20 inch LCD's (dell 2001 ).

The enviroments in this game are just breathtaking,and IMHO this is the best looking game I have ever seen.

Man I wish I knew how you do it...I have to tweak like a monkey and split the difference between high and max quality just to get sorta playable framerate at 1152x864. By sorta I mean 15-80 fps. :) (large variance there yes)

Upgraded my system again just recently to try and eek a lil more performance but tonight I kid you not a guy pulled a train in The Ruins and my fraps counter hit the big 6FPS lol...was funny as crap to watch though. (spit)

I agree it's the best looking game out right now. Beautiful just doesn't do it enough justice.

nrdstrm
10-29-04, 08:36 PM
I was running at 1280 by 1024, but bumped it down to 1024 by 768 so I could turn stuff up a bit higher (shadows and what not).
Zoth, is span mode an option in EQII or are you forcing it with your vid card?
Nrdstrm

DaveW
10-29-04, 08:39 PM
Or they need some more betatesters AND some quick cash :rolleyes:

I still remeber very well the total mess Sony/LucasArts have done with SWG...

Same here and SOE has not changed their ways. They are rushing the game out to compete with WOW. They are no doubt banking on the fact that many people will believe that the 8,354 known bugs in the beta will all be fixed for the final release, and that the rest will think they will be fixed shortly after. Half of the bugs from the SWG beta are still there today, plus there are some new ones they introduced. EQ2 is going to be the same story.

When a game goes live and its user-base increases 100 fold the number of known bugs will increase, patch cycles will decrease, and I bet its only a week before some major exploit is discovered that destroys the game's economy.

Guild Wars is looking really good right now, its graphics are on par with EQ2 and there is no monthly fee.

zoth
10-29-04, 09:05 PM
Zoth, is span mode an option in EQII or are you forcing it with your vid card?
Nrdstrm

you have to select span mode in the nvida settings, but you pick the spaned resolution in the game itself,if that makes any sense.

Its pretty cool looking.Makes for some good screenshots

nrdstrm
10-30-04, 02:07 AM
Zoth,
Thanks, I'm gonna try that out...even if it ends up a slideshow on my 5900U...LOL
Nrdstrm

Graphicmaniac
10-30-04, 04:49 AM
well, with all the love i can have for Guild Wars, i don't think it has the same graphic quality eheh

ChrisRay
10-30-04, 05:27 AM
When I looked at guild wars its graphics werent even in the same league as everquest 2..

Xav
10-30-04, 05:46 PM
Heh I'm outta town visiting the folks so I brought my beta installer with me on CD :)

Running it on their machine... GF4 4600 A64 3200+ and 512MB and it's very playable still. Intresting thing I've noted is that even set to High Performance (in game) the game still actually looks really good. Makes me think of Doom3 visual scalability.

Bravo SOE.

ChrisRay
10-30-04, 06:54 PM
Ok, So my charactor creation tool arrived today, So only a week and half till i can play, Also redeemed my free jboots, (hehe) the graphics in the tool look rather nice at the resolution I set it at. The aliasing wasnt "that" bad really. Barely noticable on chars and background you'd have to really look for it. (This is at said resolution though) at 1024x768 it was a bit more noticable to me.

1280x960

ChrisRay
10-31-04, 01:46 AM
God guys it took me 5 seconds to get anti aliasing to work. Just disable the Bloom effect...

Xav
10-31-04, 07:18 PM
Heh..good deal on the AA man. I like the bloom too much to turn it off though lol. I can't imagine as it stands being able to run more than 2xAA...I can see my framerate in the toilet already. :)

ChrisRay
10-31-04, 07:39 PM
Heh..good deal on the AA man. I like the bloom too much to turn it off though lol. I can't imagine as it stands being able to run more than 2xAA...I can see my framerate in the toilet already. :)

I cant decide whether I am good or evil. My big problem so far is that the game takes waaay too long to get started, All the getting your home/citizenship ect is a hassle. I cant believe how the dark elves fell like they did.. All they got is a slum in freeport.

I play the game @ 4xAA/16xAF and it runs pretty decently @ 1024x768, Some times it dips into the 20 FPS With lots of people in town or Light sources, For the most part though it runs pretty decent, This game is a real pain to tweak. I dont like bloom myself. In any game.

I dont really like the fact that each starting city was removed, Since IMO that added much realism to the original EQ, I guess this complaint is minor, But I havent experienced enough of it to know if this is all with good reason.

|MaguS|
10-31-04, 08:38 PM
Starting cities were removed to follow the story line. Talk to the Iksar's, they will tell you how much they disgust living with other races...

As for settings, I dont care for AA. It will lower my performance too much during raids...

Graphicmaniac
10-31-04, 08:46 PM
excuseme but i don't remeber what the bloom effect consist of ehe

can somebody explain me please?

and why is not possible activate both bloom effect and AA ?

Sovereignxp
10-31-04, 09:07 PM
Kewl. We will all have to run into eachother on the same realm and start a guild. :)

ynnek
10-31-04, 09:37 PM
I think I may get this, after I play HL2 and Vampire..

ChrisRay
10-31-04, 10:03 PM
Starting cities were removed to follow the story line. Talk to the Iksar's, they will tell you how much they disgust living with other races...

As for settings, I dont care for AA. It will lower my performance too much during raids...

I'm aware that its part of a storyline. It still IMO feels like each race has lost a lot of their own identity based on this fact.