PDA

View Full Version : Everquest 2 ships on November 8th

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

|MaguS|
11-06-04, 01:36 PM
Gah! Im gonna go check that too!

Blacklash
11-06-04, 06:31 PM
I have all my characters pre generated. My guild ready to go, and the game preordered from EB with next day air delivery. And with this rig, I am set.

EDIT:

And Chris, I want to go the other way, that is have at least one character that betrays Qeynos for Freeport. I wonder if any of the NPCs or steps are the same.

Also r_aa_blit 1, so AA is attached to/works through bit block transfer?

ChrisRay
11-06-04, 06:45 PM
I also have a preorder at gamestop, but I might cancel. It appears that EBGames is going to sell EQII at 12:00 AM on the 8th along with Halo 2. I might go check that out instead...
Nrdstrm

ebgames is where I ordered mine with overnight delivery...

I have all my characters pre generated. My guild ready to go, and the game preordered from EB with next day air delivery. And with this rig, I am set.

EDIT:

And Chris, I want to go the other way, that is have at least one character that betrays Qeynos for Freeport. I wonder if any of the NPCs or steps are the same.

Also r_aa_blit 1, so AA is attached to/works through bit block transfer?

ot entirely sure but they recently added AA to the game support. Then of course they broke it. But they do appear to be working on ity because one of the last patches when they implemented AA slowed all geforce cards down (even w/o AA) So they disabled it again. However if you're using AA anyway. You can enable it.

Problem was even people who werent running AA were getting a fillrate hit. So they just disabled it all together. Enabling it and running AA (will still have a fillrate hit it wont matter because you're running AA anyway ;p)

I have been debating the betrayal quest and realised. My First charactor it wont even matter. I want a half elf shadow knight, I like the look, feel and culture of half elves and this is the first time half elves can Shadow Knights in EQ :)

Son Goku
11-06-04, 07:43 PM
I also have a preorder at gamestop, but I might cancel. It appears that EBGames is going to sell EQII at 12:00 AM on the 8th along with Halo 2. I might go check that out instead...
Nrdstrm

:lol: Figures, though as far as my budget goes right now, it is a bit limited.

BTW, any word on how hardware compaibility compares in EQ2 vs. EQ1? The original didn't get along with my computer all too well...

Ending up at the bottom of some water, and taking almost an hour to get there, after having to ask the group for their assistance in locating it, and then getting me down there completely nekid sorta did it...

/me was crashing several times every hour. Don't think it was all too compatible with some of my hardware.

ChrisRay
11-08-04, 01:48 AM
I would like to point out that it is the 8th. And according to ebgames website they start shipping on the 8th. So I should have it the 9th in time to play Online! :retard:

Blacklash
11-08-04, 09:20 AM
I would like to point out that it is the 8th. And according to ebgames website they start shipping on the 8th. So I should have it the 9th in time to play Online! :retard:

Yes, last time I talked to EB that's exactly what they said. Ship the 8th up for the 9th.

Xav
11-08-04, 01:19 PM
Oh man...no EQ2 for days now (was outta town over the weekend=no beta play) and I'm having withdrawals :bash:

BUT

My EB said I could come get it tonight at midnight so I'm smiling. :)

|MaguS|
11-08-04, 03:00 PM
I will be playing on the Mistmoore server with my Clanmate and friends. Hope my name wont be taken...

ChrisRay
11-08-04, 04:41 PM
It didnt show my order as out yet so I called to verify, And it says orders today are shipping today on schedule. ;p Hopefully the overnight delivery I got will be worth it ;)

Oh man...no EQ2 for days now (was outta town over the weekend=no beta play) and I'm having withdrawals :bash:

BUT

My EB said I could come get it tonight at midnight so I'm smiling. :)

Heh no kidding. I even loaded up WoW beta to play while I had nothing to do. this is gonna be a slooow long night.. NEED MY EQ 2 FIX!

Badash
11-08-04, 11:49 PM
Fry's had rows and rows of EQ2, nov 8th dvd and cd versions.

Sovereignxp
11-09-04, 12:55 AM
Sweet doodzzzz!

Gamestop just called me to let me know EQ2 will be in on the 9th.

I hope this game kicks ass. :)

Xav
11-09-04, 02:38 AM
Man...got my copy Monday at 3 PM but had to go work! That sucked :)

nrdstrm
11-09-04, 03:12 AM
Damn it...I'm not getting mine until tomarrow, but it appears some people are already playing as there are quite a few posts on the official forums now...
Nrdstrm

Ghosthunter
11-09-04, 08:30 AM
i am picking up the game today after work..right now running 61.77 drivers...are there other drivers you recommend for eq2?

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 08:33 AM
Anything but the 61.77 they have horrible issues, I would recommend the 61.82 or the 66.81, gonna test out the 66.93 as soon as I get the game, these seem to be great.

Ghosthunter
11-09-04, 08:33 AM
ok thanks

ChrisRay
11-09-04, 01:47 PM
My copy just got here.

Ghosthunter
11-09-04, 01:54 PM
ok i see 66.93 has been official so I guess I will try those instead

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 03:04 PM
Welp I wont be playing till probably tomorrow afternoon since Gamestop are fing morrons and only recieved 5 copies of the CE...

EDIT: Got my copy from Best Buy! F GAMESTOP!

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 05:24 PM
Name is Arokh on the Mistmoor server, Iksar Mage!

Tyr-Sog
11-09-04, 05:45 PM
Just picked up a copy from a local EB. Never played a MMORPG before except for GW beta. Kinda woried though cuz I dont have all the time in the world to play it but I always wanted to try one of these type of games.

Graphicmaniac
11-09-04, 08:21 PM
are there any improvements with the 66.93 ?

|MaguS|
11-09-04, 08:30 PM
Im actually crashing ALOT, I don't know if its my system or the card/drivers. Kinda annoying really...

Tyr-Sog
11-09-04, 10:13 PM
I'm using the new drivers and I'm yet to crash. Then again I just made it on to the island.

ChrisRay
11-09-04, 10:28 PM
No crashes here.