View Full Version : Everquest 2 ships on November 8th

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Xav
10-25-04, 12:04 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041025/lam076_1.html

WOOT!

-=DVS=-
10-25-04, 12:51 PM
Alot sooner then expected , Sony must be desperate for more cash :D , and im gonna pay it :(

msxyz
10-25-04, 12:58 PM
Alot sooner then expected , Sony must be desperate for more cash :D , and im gonna pay it :(Or they need some more betatesters AND some quick cash :rolleyes:

I still remeber very well the total mess Sony/LucasArts have done with SWG. I will never buy or play a MMORPG from those two companies before at least one year has passed from its publication.

Mr. Hunt
10-25-04, 01:17 PM
I will just wait for one of those "Free 10 day trial" things to see if I want to pay the cash for it.

zoth
10-25-04, 02:08 PM
The lower levels are pretty stable, and its quite hard to advance in the game unlike WoW.

So I imagine while people are leveling theyll be fixing the content and balencing the upper levels, which is essentialy what they did with the first everquest.

GlowStick
10-25-04, 02:12 PM
Nooooes mah free beta is gonna end soon then : (

|JuiceZ|
10-25-04, 02:30 PM
I still remeber very well the total mess Sony/LucasArts have done with SWG. I will never buy or play a MMORPG from those two companies before at least one year has passed from its publication.

Got that right. SWG will go down as one of the most buggiest games I've ever played. Sad thing is, I really enjoyed it, the thing just ran & perf like junk.

ChrisRay
10-25-04, 05:07 PM
To play or not to play.. Gah.. *holds credit card deciding between WOW and EQ 2..* EQ 2 IS coming sooner.. but..

Experienced WOW,, but not EQ 2... hmm..

Graphicmaniac
10-25-04, 05:18 PM
does somebody has an idea of how much will cost the monthly membership?

hope 9.9 dollars ...

ChrisRay
10-25-04, 06:00 PM
does somebody has an idea of how much will cost the monthly membership?

hope 9.9 dollars ...

For Sony I bet 12.95 or 14.95 a month

|MaguS|
10-25-04, 06:28 PM
14.99 is the official monthly fee. This does not include all the extra's they are tossing in.

Graphicmaniac
10-25-04, 06:57 PM
so much? ...:( hope euro power will have some positive healt on my money ...

ufff when i played UO i was paying 9.9 and i was already thinking it was too much .. now even 15 dolars ..... + all the other things extra .... why at least they don't sell EQ2 in free download?

Mr. Hunt
10-25-04, 07:01 PM
They usually do have them a few months down the road where you download the game and buy the CD-key for decently cheap.

But it will probably be cheaper if you sign up for a long time (that seems to be popular among MMOs right now).

Clay
10-25-04, 07:12 PM
Hey Graphicmaniac, I made a transparent version of your avatar if you want it. :cool:

Graphicmaniac
10-25-04, 07:35 PM
thanks! i don't know how you did but thanks ! :D i will upload it tomorrow now i go to sleep :)

ChrisRay
10-25-04, 07:36 PM
In "any" event, I just made a hard decision. I canceled my World of Warcraft preorder, (after playing WoW, I seriously question its long term replay value, While the game itself its fun. I found myself in beta wearing out on it) Alot of rude battle.net type players in the beta ass well which frightens me just as more.

Sony on the other hand may torture me with an incomplete game. I just feel they will be more successful.

Mr. Hunt
10-25-04, 07:38 PM
Wow ChrisRay... amazed you went that direction :). Hope EQ2 is good for the sake of both of us :) (I need a good MMO in my life again lol).

Xav
10-25-04, 08:35 PM
My time in the beta thus far has sold me without a doubt. I've been looking for a new MMORPG since I quit EQL. I've tried most of them and this beta has been the first one to give me that "magic" again.

Exploring Nektulos forest tonight (dying and all) and having to run from everything was great! Imagine my suprise when I stumbled upon the towers in Commonlands and getting to ride a griffin TO Nek forest.

Just awesome.

ChrisRay
10-25-04, 08:42 PM
I just hope I'll be able to play it @ 4x/16x with reasonable frame rates.

1024x768 resolution.

Clay
10-25-04, 08:42 PM
Wow Chris, really? No WoW for you? Dang, I was looking forward to it.

@Graphicmaniac: No problem. :)

Xav
10-25-04, 08:46 PM
I just hope I'll be able to play it @ 4x/16x with reasonable frame rates.

1024x768 resolution.

AA isn't working atm but I haven't missed it yet. As far as playable at 1024, it can be for sure. I have a buddy running at 1280x960 in balanced mode on a 2.6P4 and 9600Pro and he has no complaints.

I'm running 1024 as a trade off for running texture qualities on max with 8xAF. LOTS of settings to tweak.

Son Goku
10-25-04, 08:52 PM
$14.99 is what they went up to (from like $9.99) per month a coupla years ago or so... tbh, I'm a college student and I don't exactly have a lot of money to burn. Dunno here...

One thing is for certain, if it crashes on my comp like the first one did, no way will I pay that. 2-15 minutes before complete computer crashes, requiring a hard reset isn't worth paying a subscription fee for. If I could try it to see... If it runs stable here, I might give it a shot for awhile...though I'm not yet decided.

ChrisRay
10-25-04, 08:58 PM
AA isn't working atm but I haven't missed it yet. As far as playable at 1024, it can be for sure. I have a buddy running at 1280x960 in balanced mode on a 2.6P4 and 9600Pro and he has no complaints.

I'm running 1024 as a trade off for running texture qualities on max with 8xAF. LOTS of settings to tweak.

No Anti aliasing? any info on this being corrected? This could easily sway me right back to World of Warcraft. I dont have an expensive monitor and I want anti aliasing.

Dont mislead me with hype or your opinion. Just give me an honest straight up answer. If there is no "word" of a fix. I will probably cancel my order right now.

ChrisRay
10-25-04, 09:20 PM
Been reading up on it and from the sounds of it thegame has a BLOOM effect. World of Warcraft has this too but it can be disabled..

Xav
10-25-04, 09:23 PM
I honestly haven't worried about it too much due to seeing somewhere that it was affecting both brands of cards and they were dealing with show stopper issues first before dealing with that.

I decided to take them at face value due to not being able to see them ignore it on such a eye candy monster.