PDA

View Full Version : Just finished HALO 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:26 PM
Superfly did you actually "think" before you created this thread? You seem think you're actually doing someone a favor by warning us not to by this game based off your experiences with pirated code when in actuality you come off like an idiot.

Get a life buddy...

gay dope fiends with no morrals like me dont think.

I have a life thanks, enjoy it every day. I have a beautiful baby daughter and she to me is my whole world.

did you think before you posted?? nah did'nt think so.

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:27 PM
LOL :lol2:

LOL again.

WarheadMM
10-25-04, 02:27 PM
you know you could report that guy to Microsoft. There cracking down on people who own the game before the release and they will press legal charges

aAv7
10-25-04, 02:29 PM
they cant do anything to him without the disk in his house, furthermore, they are more interested in finding out who leaked it and who sells it, not who buys it.

Mr. Hunt
10-25-04, 02:30 PM
I hope it is true though... I would love HALO 2 to disappoint everybody :\... the first one was poo.

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 02:31 PM
Stealing is wrong, we know that, but I think if he didn;t like the game, he has the right to not like the game.
Wrong. Sure, we've all pirated games at one point or another. That isn't the point. The point is, if you steal someone's hard work, you don't get to say anything about it. You forfeit your right to have a valid opinion, because you are a criminal. Normally when criminals admit their guilt they get arrested and go to jail, and forfeit their rights as citizens. Why is it any different here?

I think if PC Games were made accessible at video stores for rent like console games are, there would be a HUGE drop in piracy.
Wrong again. Several places have tried doing this. People rented the games, copied the CDs, and returned them. Gamestop used to give full cash refunds within the first 7 days of a game purchase. What did people do? Bought the games, copied them, returned them for a full refund.

90% of the people who download PC games illegally are doing so to see what the game is like and if it's worth the $$, then they end up getting lazy and keeping it on the HD, etc.
So it's OK to steal if you just want to see if what you're stealing is any good? No, sorry. That doesn't make it OK. "End up getting lazy and keeping it on their HD"? Uh, ok... :wtf:

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:32 PM
they cant do anything to him without the disk in his house, furthermore, they are more interested in finding out who leaked it and who sells it, not who buys it.

all true, there is no evidence other than the disk, and thats not hard to destroy.

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 02:33 PM
I have a life thanks, enjoy it every day. I have a beautiful baby daughter and she to me is my whole world.

Just because you figured out how to reproduce doesn't make you any less of a thief. I hope you're not trying to defend yourself here.

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:33 PM
man this thread is growing FAST!!

must have touched a nerve

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 02:37 PM
I'm impressed with the amount of decent, honest people posting here. It's great. It's funny that you started the thread as bait for a flame war about Halo 2 and it's turned on you.

Superfly, if you are truly old enough to have a daughter, you have no excuse for stealing video games. I hope for her sake that you get your act together before she's old enough to start being influenced by that attitude.

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:38 PM
Just because you figured out how to reproduce doesn't make you any less of a thief. I hope you're not trying to defend yourself here.

Nope - I was defending "My Life"

I stand by what I've said and done to HALO 2, no intention of defending that.

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 02:41 PM
If you feel that stealing video games accurately portrays "your life", you've got some growing to do, I think.

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:44 PM
why would I lie about having a daughter, there is nothing to gain or prove by doing that.

Also I bet over half of the registered users on these forums have got/used or are trying to get a pirate/cracked version of some piece of software.

got of your moral high horse, I truely and sincerely dont care.

Charley will grow up just fine thanks - you have no idea about me, my home life or Charley (thanks god).

Superfly
10-25-04, 02:46 PM
If you feel that stealing video games accurately portrays "your life", you've got some growing to do, I think.

now your just being lame, stop digging for something that is'nt there.

read what I said your all topsy turvey!!!!!

zoomy942
10-25-04, 02:50 PM
why would I lie about having a daughter, there is nothing to gain or prove by doing that.

Also I bet over half of the registered users on these forums have got/used or are trying to get a pirate/cracked version of some piece of software.

got of your moral high horse, I truely and sincerely dont care.

Charley will grow up just fine thanks - you have no idea about me, my home life or Charley (thanks god).

the issue wasnt whether or not people pirated games.. sure lots of people do, and its not about whether they complain about games.. it the fact that you admitted pirating halo 2 and then preceded to complain about it. anyone who pirates a game may complain about it but they wont throw out that they got it illegally.. if you pirate games.. thats your choise, just keep it to yourself

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 02:51 PM
now your just being lame
Sorry, I'm working with what you give me ;)

I'm not on any moral high horse. You're missing the point of what I'm saying. I've pirated software, we all have at one point or another. But at some point in time you grow up and realize, "Wow, I really shouldn't be doing this. It's stealing, and it's wrong." That's called "maturity", or "responsibility". If you have a child, you should be mature enough to know that stealing is wrong.

I'm not topsy turvy at all. If you read it that way, it's because you are a moron.

And yeah, what zoom said.

aAv7
10-25-04, 02:54 PM
So it's OK to steal if you just want to see if what you're stealing is any good? No, sorry. That doesn't make it OK. "End up getting lazy and keeping it on their HD"? Uh, ok... :wtf:

People refuse to read actual posts around here-where did I ever say it was ok? Where? Show me. I said people tend to download games to see if the games are any good, I've read at least a hundred posts around forums with people saying " I'll download it, if its worth my money, then I'll buy it" I never said I personally do it, nor did I say it's OK. If you wanna flame me or yell at me, do it about something I actually said, cool?

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 03:00 PM
"90% of the people who download PC games illegally are doing so to see what the game is like and if it's worth the $$, then they end up getting lazy and keeping it on the HD, etc."

You said this earlier. It makes it sound like most people doing this are just seeing if the game is worth the money. It sounds as if you feel this particular form of piracy is more acceptable than people who are stealing it and do not intend to pay for it. There is no difference. Stealing is stealing. I never flamed or yelled at you, calm down.

Superfly
10-25-04, 03:01 PM
Sorry, I'm working with what you give me ;)

I'm not on any moral high horse. You're missing the point of what I'm saying. I've pirated software, we all have at one point or another. But at some point in time you grow up and realize, "Wow, I really shouldn't be doing this. It's stealing, and it's wrong." That's called "maturity", or "responsibility". If you have a child, you should be mature enough to know that stealing is wrong.

I'm not topsy turvy at all. If you read it that way, it's because you are a moron.

And yeah, what zoom said.

well we could go round in circles on this all night, I think we've said it all now - staying any longer will just reduce the quality of the abuse.

Thanks for the fight dude - your alright!!!

ttfn - signed off.

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 03:03 PM
well we could go round in circles on this all night, I think we've said it all now - staying any longer will just reduce the quality of the abuse.
Heh, good point. Well that's the end of that one, then. Just don't make a post about Half-Life 2. I don't want to know about it until I play it ;)

Vash
10-25-04, 03:03 PM
I hope it is true though... I would love HALO 2 to disappoint everybody :\... the first one was poo.

Ya know, I don't sit around all day waiting for something that someone else likes to bomb just because it makes me feel good. There are better things to do with your life - find one.

de><ta
10-25-04, 03:04 PM
Why hasnt any of the mods not locked this thread yet?

One person giving his opinion on game that has not yet been released, based on a pirated copy.

Might as well wait untill every one has a copy of the game and can provide a constructive argument on whether the game sucks or not.

aAv7
10-25-04, 03:04 PM
"90% of the people who download PC games illegally are doing so to see what the game is like and if it's worth the $$, then they end up getting lazy and keeping it on the HD, etc."

You said this earlier. It makes it sound like most people doing this are just seeing if the game is worth the money. It sounds as if you feel this particular form of piracy is more acceptable than people who are stealing it and do not intend to pay for it. There is no difference. Stealing is stealing. I never flamed or yelled at you, calm down.

No, I was stating a fact, people DO download the games to see if the games are worth their money. I;ve read numerous posts on this, especially over @ guru3d. It does happen, so I was saying, if games had some sort of rental option, these people wouldn't have an excuse to download these games and get lazy. Guess I shoul've worded it differently. =)

aAv7
10-25-04, 03:06 PM
If rental's dont work at stores, maybe there should be an online rental place with some sort of encryption so the files cant be copied to disk, but u get to play the game for 3 or 4 days.

Riptide
10-25-04, 03:07 PM
I don't think it's a huge deal to preview a game by playing it first and then deciding to buy or not based on that experience. The real crime is deciding to try it and then not going out and purchasing a license if you keep playing it. A mountain is being made out of a mole hill here IMO.