PDA

View Full Version : Just finished HALO 2

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

saturnotaku
10-25-04, 05:18 PM
I was defending him based on his opinion. People said he had no right to say the game sucked because he didn't pay for the game. I understand where there coming from, but at the same point, if it sucks-regardless to how you played it, it still sucks. If it's a bad game, it's a bad game. So that's why I said, I wonder if there would have been such a backlash, if he had said "Best.Game.Ever." like i'm sure they will in EGM and every other console mag next month. :rolleyes:

It doesn't bloody matter what he thought of the game. It was stolen, bottom line. Maybe it will suck, but I sure as hell trust the console magazines more than a thief.

aAv7
10-25-04, 05:24 PM
It doesn't bloody matter what he thought of the game. It was stolen, bottom line. Maybe it will suck, but I sure as hell trust the console magazines more than a thief.

:retard: You'll trust a bias, paid off magazine more than a first hand review from an average gamer...er...thief..? I say we don't trust any of them and wait for Nov. 9th. :)

Superfly
10-25-04, 05:29 PM
Now now, let's watch that flame-baiting. Wouldn't want to get off to a bad start.

Heh, Superfly, you should join the political thread discussions. This is nothing compared to those, and people make clearer arguments there. It's fun.

Im growing to like you, you should pop over for a beer.

Superfly
10-25-04, 05:29 PM
the last level is OK, dont ask me to say why - no spoilers :)

schuey74
10-25-04, 05:31 PM
That's the problem, you'd trust a console mag that gives the highest scores to their heaviest advertisers over someone giving an unbiased opinion. I consider mags that hand out extremely generous reviews as the thieves because they are the cause of me wasting $50 on a garbage game. I base my game purchases on actual gameplay or feedback from people I know, neither of those can come from a game mag.

aAv7
10-25-04, 05:35 PM
That's the problem, you'd trust a console mag that gives the highest scores to their heaviest advertisers over someone giving an unbiased opinion. I consider mags that hand out extremely generous reviews as the thieves because they are the cause of me wasting $50 on a garbage game. I base my game purchases on actual gameplay or feedback from people I know, neither of those can come from a game mag.

QFT

Ninjaman09
10-25-04, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I remember Fable getting some pretty decent scores, and I thought that game of a pile of garbage. Same with a bunch of other games that have come out recently. I go to gamerankings.com and read the lowest-scoring review, which is usually the one I agree with. I have to hand it to Gamespy, while their reviews aren't always that well thought-out, they won't hesitate to give a 3-star rating to a big game coming out. IGN, on the other hand, is down on its knees every time a game is released. I hate that site.

aAv7
10-25-04, 05:47 PM
Fable was garbage! Ugh....biggest pile of crap I paid for in a long time.

ynnek
10-25-04, 05:52 PM
If it was that bad, why did you play it for more than an hour or so, then deleted it?

Edge
10-25-04, 05:57 PM
With actual people giving their opinions on games though, you have an even bigger problem than with reviews: who likes what games is complete luck of the draw. Look at the feedback for Halo 1: some people hate it, others think it's the best game ever. If you're in a store looking at games, either kind of person can come up to you and tell you that Halo either sucks or rules, and the same applies to online forums. Funny thing is, I've seen people's opinions on Halo 2 from the leak just as varied as Halo 1 (everything from sucks [like this thread] to decent to great).

Oh, and interesting that you bring up Fable, Ninjaman, because for like 2 weeks after that game came out all I heard was good things about it from people who played it (at least in the area I live in). Strangely, I find more games that I think are underrated than overrated. Breakdown and Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders are actually some of my favorite Xbox games, but they didn't exactly get great scores (especially Breakdown).

zoomy942
10-25-04, 06:14 PM
(popcorn)

(popcorn)

circuitbreaker8
10-25-04, 06:35 PM
I really dont see halo 2 being bad. Maybe you didnt like the first one, I donno. Maybe you just dont like console games. Maybe you dont even have it and you're just trolling. Can you post pictures of your TV with the halo 2 menu on it?

Riptide
10-25-04, 06:38 PM
Anyone know where I can read some spoilers on Halo2? Seeing as I'm never going to play the game I'd at least like to find out what happens. Yeah I know, just borrow someone's xbox and play it if it comes down to it but I honestly don't even want to bother. If it's not going to run on my computer I don't care to mess with playing the actual game at all. Thx

circuitbreaker8
10-25-04, 06:43 PM
Anyone know where I can read some spoilers on Halo2? Seeing as I'm never going to play the game I'd at least like to find out what happens. Yeah I know, just borrow someone's xbox and play it if it comes down to it but I honestly don't even want to bother. If it's not going to run on my computer I don't care to mess with playing the actual game at all. Thx

You're missing out on a lot by just sticking to computers. :rolleyes:

Riptide
10-25-04, 06:45 PM
You're missing out on a lot by just sticking to computers. :rolleyes:
Maybe so, I don't really care though. Do you know where to read some spoilers?

de><ta
10-25-04, 06:46 PM

Spolier:

Master Chief finds out that the reason behind the FLOOD is due to French Pirates. So he gathers a bunch of blue blooded brits to join him as he travels to France. On his way to France he finds out that Cortana was written by a dirty French man and realizes that Cortana has been using Master Chief for her own whims. Master Chief then uses google to build a time machine so that he can go past in time and kick the moron who leaked the Halo 2 game and also tell bungie to hurry and port it too the pc platform. Am I missing something? Yes I have way too much time on my hands...

schuey74
10-25-04, 06:49 PM
I'd suggest just reading one of the guides that will certainly be available online a day or two after launch. You should get the whole story there.

schuey74
10-25-04, 06:52 PM
Spolier:

One thing.....just leave this on the X-Box! PCs don't need old console ports.

edit: oops, me bad! :angel:

de><ta
10-25-04, 06:58 PM
One thing.....just leave this on the X-Box! PCs don't need old console ports.

Stop unspoiling the spoiler YOU!!! :ORDER:

npras42
10-25-04, 07:55 PM

Oh jesus! What difference does it make really? If he played the game, he played the game! Just because its a pirate version doesn't make his opinion any less valid.

I think he was a little silly to post here knowing the general views of this forum's users about pirating, but he still knew that he wasn't a great fan of the game. He even gave a few reason's (though apart from repeating the "flood" thing, didn't sound overly bad - I expected bad graphics having seen screenshots).

All you people who are so quick to flame him for pirating, YOU ARE JUMPING ON YOUR HIGH-HORSE. If you're so bothered go and ****ing complain to the authorities about him. Flaming him and telling him your views on the matter ain't going to change anything. Nor will your "I'm going to ignore you because your a thief!". You changed a thread about one thing into something else completely, just so you could jump on your high horse.

Also, to the Mods, if this thread was about HL2, it would have been closed instantly I believe. I don't see why you decided on this "I'll leave it a while" thing. The topic in the first instance was virtually flamebait (though I dont think it was intended) and then it just continued into pointless posts about nothing relevant to what the thread was made for. Hey, but its your forums...

WeReWoLf
10-25-04, 08:04 PM
What i find funny is that there are numerous reports that the pirated version of Halo 2 are affected by glitches, anomolies and unintentional stuff ups. almost like a copy protection without being a copy protection...

saturnotaku
10-25-04, 08:04 PM
All you people who are so quick to flame him for pirating, YOU ARE JUMPING ON YOUR HIGH-HORSE. If you're so bothered go and ****ing complain to the authorities about him. Flaming him and telling him your views on the matter ain't going to change anything. Nor will your "I'm going to ignore you because your a thief!". You changed a thread about one thing into something else completely, just so you could jump on your high horse.

If calling a spade a spade is jumping on a high horse in your little world, then so be it.

Also, to the Mods, if this thread was about HL2, it would have been closed instantly I believe.

Since it's still open, what you believe is pretty irrelevant at this point.

Hey, but its your forums...

And you're free to leave them at any time. The door's to your left, right, in front of you, behind you or wherever.

Buenamos
10-25-04, 08:19 PM
Personally, I loved the first one on xbconnect and frequently went to LAN tournaments in other towns......and this, well things are more evened out. There are some bad things, but the new stuff still makes it a hell of a game. The multiplayer is unbelievably fun on a good host and the netcode is incredible. The graphics are amazing, the story line is still great, which was one of the best things about halo 1. Simply put, it's a great sequel.

npras42
10-25-04, 08:39 PM
I never said anything about leaving. Why would you be so pleased if I were to leave... What have I actually done wrong? Stated that I think mods should do something next time??? I didn't flame-bait. I didn't flame. I don't think I said anything too unreasonable. You don't have to go dissecting everyone's posts you know, so you can pick out individual sentences, take them out of the context and make a sarcastic/flaming comment about them. If you don't want to listen to me use the ignore feature instead.

And yes, I do think you're jumping on your high horse. Do you want to know why!? Because I think your motives for making all these pointless posts, that have nothing to do with the topic, is to prove that you are good and that you don't pirate. You actually don't give a toss what this guy does, and how he obtains his games. You're more bothered about making a point over and over and over, that is in line with the accepted views of this forum in general. Its actually a form of bullying. I don't think you were the first to condemn his piracy, but you did jump in with the crowd, so that this could turn in to a mass flaming.

So I kinda know what you are going to say: What do you know about me? What proof do you have that I am behaving that way for that reason? How childish do you think I am, attacking a guy, for no other reason than to raise my social standing etc etc?

And you know I don't know anything about you... Yet you know nothing about me either, nor about the guy who made this thread either. Yet you have villainised him and made him out as an all-out bad guy.

shinrai
10-25-04, 08:41 PM
When Halo first came out and many gamers played it , it had the most stunning graphics (pixel/vertex shading etc). Sure now it looks crap but most of you guys are so used to playing with top computer graphics that you are not forgiving to an architecture that is 3 years old.

How can anyone that has watched all the videos on Halo 2 not say that it doesn't look better than the first. An video doesn't even do the real thing justice most of the time. So to the guy who has chosen to upset the applecart and be a total ****, i don't believe you! Those videos i've watched so many times look too damn good to support any of your comments.

Hey, if you are right, i guess i'll be taking advantage of EB's return policy.