PDA

View Full Version : AGP 6600GT before Half Life 2?

anzak
10-25-04, 03:32 PM
What do you guys think? We have already seen pics of the inno3d card. I emailed innovision about availability of the AGP version 3 day ago and still no reply. What about price? The PCIe version is already under $200 at newegg, will the bridge chip add to the price? The bridge chip also generates more heat (It does have a heatsink on it), will this reduce the overclocking potential?

tristancarton
10-25-04, 03:39 PM
i sure hope so. only thing is if and when they come out they are goign to be next to impossible to pick up. you think it was hard finding high end 6800 ultra and x800 xt pe cards when they first came out. think again, those cards are only geared towards 10-15 percent of computer users. the 6600 agp version is geared towards 40-60, i would think. (numbers are all my estimates)

please nvidia. bring the agp killer card out.(soon)

msxyz
10-25-04, 03:42 PM
According to figures published by ATi, PCIe revenues were only 10% of the total, during the last quarter. For NVidia they might have been even smaller. I wonder if they realize how many potential customers are waiting for new AGP products to appear on the market.

Edge
10-25-04, 03:47 PM
I'm really hoping it releases within the next couple weeks, or at the very least that BestBuy makes the 6600GT their video card for this year's Black Friday sale. Either way though, graphics card companies would be smart to release these cards around the time of HL2. I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade my ti4200, and hopefully I've found it.