PDA

View Full Version : interesting multiple monitor problem

skanndelus
10-26-04, 05:29 AM
i updated my forceware drivers (to 61.77) and found upon doing so that i was unable to drag FULL SCREEN windows from monitor to monitor (dell 19 inch flat crt and 15 inch samsung lcd on nvidia geforce fx 5900 and one 15 inch samsung lcd on geforce mx 100/200, 3 total). i was able to drag full screen windows before the update, however, i attempted to use previous driver versions including 61.76 and 56.72. 56.72 allowed me to drag the full screen windows for a while but then stopped allowing me to :drooling: . should i use an even older version of the drivers? is there some setting i am missing? i downloaded the previous drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-2k_archive.html (for your reference). please make sure you understand i am referring to FULL SCREEN windows that are totally maximized and locked to the edge of the screen before you respond. thank you-- i have a feeling this is a tough one.

Lezmaka
10-26-04, 04:12 PM
I've never heard about someone who was able to move maximized windows before. I thought the whole point of maximizing a window was to make it fill up a monitor and not be able to move it or resize it.

Wow. Just wow.

skanndelus
10-26-04, 04:16 PM
well, each window would be maximized on only one individual monitor and not spanned over every screen. perhaps it was just a glitch. someone help though, please.

come on, anybody? ill give out gmail accounts to anyone who actually helps me out here. even though that might not seem like much it might be all i gots to give! hahah.

ricercar
10-27-04, 02:36 AM
I'll second that idea: never heard anyone claim that they could move a maximized window. I've been testing virtually every release of NVIDIA drivers since the 29.xx detonators days, and never experienced that behavior.

skanndelus
10-27-04, 02:59 AM
ok well i was able to. i would just click, and drag, and it would snap on whatever monitor i stopped dragging onto. could this be possible because of something else

ChrisRay
10-27-04, 05:12 AM
Ok Guys, Be nice, While you may not agree with him. Or even think its important. No reason to laugh/delevel him. That goes for you too skandelus. Play Nice.

rewt
10-27-04, 05:40 PM
Doesn't work for me either. I am using 70.41 drivers in DualView mode.

For the peeps that actually got it working, what mode are you using?

Fatman
10-27-04, 06:24 PM
Why can't you just click on "Move to next display"? Or right click in the task bar and click on "send window to"?

rewt
10-27-04, 06:30 PM
Why can't you just click on "Move to next display"? Or right click in the task bar and click on "send window to"?

That only works when nView is enabled.

GlowStick
10-27-04, 06:44 PM
IM not sure how to enable that, but i have allways used UltraMon (http://www.ultramon.com) and it would put a button at the top right corner next to your (min max close) and it would be a "Move to other monitor" i used it alot, very handy.

rewt
10-27-04, 06:47 PM
IM not sure how to enable that, but i have allways used UltraMon (http://www.ultramon.com) and it would put a button at the top right corner next to your (min max close) and it would be a "Move to other monitor" i used it alot, very handy.

Thats exactly what nView does, only tons more. To enable it, just click your taskbar icon and go to "nView Desktop Manager" and click Enable. BTW if you don't have this option, you will need Coolbits3D and the Quadro profiles off my homepage.

skanndelus
10-27-04, 08:36 PM
i have ultraman, however, i only use it sometimes, and i have nview enabled as well.