PDA

View Full Version : Wassup with ABIT & Hercules??

rohit
10-27-04, 01:37 AM
ABit Made good quality Nvi And Ati products, but i havnt heard of any x800/x700 products from em.

AND HErcules,Ati's favorite & my favorite ATI partner, havnt released the x800/x700 and i dont think they are even gonna... any1 kno the reason

My friend whu has the hercules 9700Pro modded to 9800Pro, says, they are gonna make cards for NVi frm the launch of GF 7.

I kno thats crap.. but still, if they make cards for Nvi, it'll be great..

msxyz
10-27-04, 01:45 AM
AND HErcules,Ati's favorite & my favorite ATI partner, havnt released the x800/x700 and i dont think they are even gonna... any1 kno the reasonHercules retired from the graphics card market.

Too much risks, too little revenues for the cardmakers, especially for those firms like Hercules which insisted on having "premium products", something different from the usual run of reference card clones with a fancy cooler.

ChrisRay
10-27-04, 03:07 AM
Well Hercules hated Nvidia, strong strong past history between the two, And hercules felt they could differ themselves from others because ATIS strict rules for board/card production.

Antares
10-27-04, 03:23 AM
Too bad Hercules went out of business... I heard that last year, right after I bought my last card, a Hercules 9800 Pro. It was my previous card before getting the 6800U and it was a great one! Good quality, nice blue pcb, nice copper heatsink and ramsinks. Anyway, something different from the reference design.

|MaguS|
10-27-04, 05:26 AM
Hercules is still in business and doing well, They just nolonger make Video Cards.

tyx
10-27-04, 08:44 AM
Gee... than what do they make now?

rohit
10-27-04, 11:24 AM
"Hercules cards are premium quality" is true
My friend still has a 3d Prophet 9700pro, blue pcb, n he has oc'd it, changed bios, modded.. did all **** to it, but still the card worx like brand new..although its over around 2yrs old or even older. even its fan still rotates without any problems.

Thats y i was concerned, my bro is all set to buy a pc, so i suggested, since i hav nvia card, he shld go for the ATi x800pro/xt vivo..which is easily moddable

& i started hunting for hercules, jus to find 0 cards from them

stncttr908
10-27-04, 11:48 AM
& i started hunting for hercules, jus to find 0 cards from themSee, we weren't lying to you.

I agree they were good cards too.

Toss3
10-28-04, 04:32 PM
Yes, they were indeed good cards. :) Had a Hercules 9800pro myself and I loved the blue colour :rolleyes: and they even had their own overclocking utility :D I'm just more of an nvidia fan, so I sold that card so that I could buy me a 6800gt :) didn't buy one though... but I ordered one two days ago and it should be here in two weeks or so.. :( can't wait! They're obvioulsy out of supply here in Finland :/

bkswaney
10-28-04, 04:51 PM
I had a Herc Game Theater XP soundcard and it was top notch.
I love herc products. :)

Clevor
10-28-04, 08:30 PM
Hercules is still in business and doing well, They just nolonger make Video Cards.

This is certainly a good thing. If you've ever had a Hercules card go bad, good luck. I question their ethics and business practices, case in point:

I bought a 'brand-new' retail 3D Prophet II Ultra card (Geforce2 Ultra) from a vendor in CA. I need this for my 440BX boards to handle the 99 mhz AGP bus at 150 fsb. Inside the shrink-wrapped box, in an anti-static bag sealed with their trademark orange tape, was a filthy video card with broken components, covered with dust. Of course it did not work. I was livid. I RMAed the card and got another filthy card back, which also did not work.

At this point, it is obvious they had no new cards (or never did when they boxed a whole bunch of these so called retail products). I demanded a refund of the $100 bucks + $30 freight I paid. They absolutely refuse to refund my money or admit what is obvious an illegal practice. I complained to a couple of Canadian consumer agencies who blew me off.

The vendor I bought the card from said they use Hercules cards in their desktops and when they break, it takes 3 months to get a replacement and it is always filthy.

Avoid this company like the plague. Good riddance they are out of the video card business. The ripped me off of $130 and have no remorse. You will notice they don't put s/ns on the box ;), so they can pull stunts like this.

theultimo
10-28-04, 09:41 PM
This is certainly a good thing. If you've ever had a Hercules card go bad, good luck. I question their ethics and business practices, case in point:

I bought a 'brand-new' retail 3D Prophet II Ultra card (Geforce2 Ultra) from a vendor in CA. I need this for my 440BX boards to handle the 99 mhz AGP bus at 150 fsb. Inside the shrink-wrapped box, in an anti-static bag sealed with their trademark orange tape, was a filthy video card with broken components, covered with dust. Of course it did not work. I was livid. I RMAed the card and got another filthy card back, which also did not work.

At this point, it is obvious they had no new cards (or never did when they boxed a whole bunch of these so called retail products). I demanded a refund of the $100 bucks + $30 freight I paid. They absolutely refuse to refund my money or admit what is obvious an illegal practice. I complained to a couple of Canadian consumer agencies who blew me off.

The vendor I bought the card from said they use Hercules cards in their desktops and when they break, it takes 3 months to get a replacement and it is always filthy.

Avoid this company like the plague. Good riddance they are out of the video card business. The ripped me off of $130 and have no remorse. You will notice they don't put s/ns on the box ;), so they can pull stunts like this.

Back in the day, they had the BEST 2-d ever made.
In the TNT2 era, they basically shut down for a while, they went bankrupt.
Guillemot (http://www.guillemot.com/) bought them out and plagued the company. Any reference to the "old" Herclues is lost...

Clevor
10-28-04, 10:08 PM
Back in the day, they had the BEST 2-d ever made.
In the TNT2 era, they basically shut down for a while, they went bankrupt.
Guillemot (http://www.guillemot.com/) bought them out and plagued the company. Any reference to the "old" Herclues is lost...

About a year ago, when I had my problem, they had undergone restructuring. I plan to contact new management on this issue. I mean, at least admit you packaged a defective card as brand-new, and give me a full refund and apologies for the trouble. But nope. They keep telling me they are only obligated to replace the card in the box with a 'refurbished' card. But I never received a new card for $100 (+ $30 freight) in the first place! If you have no new cards, I am entitled to a refund. This is plain logic to any sane person on Earth.

Problem is they are in Canada so I cannot go small claims. And their lawyers know this so they tell them to blow me off.

Has this company any ethics???