PDA

View Full Version : Can i remove the 60fps cap on Doom 3?

DJMONDY
10-27-04, 07:29 AM
Is there a console command to get rid of the 60fps cap in Doom 3?

I rarley see Doom 3 go below 60fps so if there is a way to make the fps go higher i would like to give it a try.

p.s Sorry if this has already been posted

karkrash81
10-27-04, 12:54 PM
if i remember correctly, this will mess up all the animations and game speed since the animations are synced to 60fps...

Ninjaman09
10-27-04, 01:38 PM
It will also mess up the physics, amongst other things, but if you really want to, the variable is "com_fixedtic x" if I recall correctly. The game is designed to be run at 60fps, though, and it will not play correctly if it goes higher.

DJMONDY
10-27-04, 02:43 PM
Cheers guys :)

coolguy
10-30-04, 09:10 AM
I have created a custom autoexec.cfg file with the "com_fixedtic x" command (among others) and so far I have faced no problems running DOOM 3. So there is no harm in trying. Just remove the command if you face any problems.

RealLifePixelShader
11-04-04, 01:15 AM
Last night I entered the com_fixedtic 1 command in doom 3 amazingly the fps went up to 100 which is ballistic the game runs super fast, there is on thing I noticed the FPS never goes below 40 and goes up to 100+.

When you walk in a room the games play is almost in slow mo while still avg 45+ FPS when you get near a wall it goes up to 100FPS and accelarates you can hear you footsteps go tick,,, tick,,, tick and the mosters are in slowmo and then when you get to the wall the footspets speeds up to a ticktickticktick and 100fps and when you turn around it goes into slowmo with 40fps with smooth graphics JUST IN SLOWMO

So Whats up with the slow mo

Darkoz
11-05-04, 05:25 AM
Last night I entered the com_fixedtic 1 command in doom 3 amazingly the fps went up to 100 which is ballistic the game runs super fast, there is on thing I noticed the FPS never goes below 40 and goes up to 100+.

When you walk in a room the games play is almost in slow mo while still avg 45+ FPS when you get near a wall it goes up to 100FPS and accelarates you can hear you footsteps go tick,,, tick,,, tick and the mosters are in slowmo and then when you get to the wall the footspets speeds up to a ticktickticktick and 100fps and when you turn around it goes into slowmo with 40fps with smooth graphics JUST IN SLOWMO

So Whats up with the slow mo

You've haven't entered the correct command.
To remove the fps cap without having everything else in slow motion, enter the following....
com_fixedtic -1

The 'minus' sign has to be typed in front of the '1'.....