PDA

View Full Version : PNY Forum!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Eltigre88
10-27-04, 05:16 PM
Why dosen't PNY have a forum so they can let there customers know what is going on? It would be nice to post a condition and have a tech rep answer it right off in a forum. How do they expect to keep there customers happy if they never advertise a release of new Ultra bios or even that there is a problem with there cards. I realize they just started selling there own products on line, but now it is time to build a good report with there product owners. Not too happy that I bought PNY!

ragejg
10-27-04, 05:30 PM
PNY = ECS IMO ;)

Their manufacturing and support are lacking a certain "something"....

Boz
10-27-04, 09:16 PM
I too was looking for that very forum when I was having problems with my New Ultra 6800 I purchased from PNY. Their site is very lacking in the troubleshooting/technical help department. Even their phone support sucked. I was asked very few and basic questions before they issued a RA# and the new card they sent me in exchange had the very same problem. However, it was posts here and help from these members that finally cured my 6800 ills. So although it would have been nice to have a PNY forum, the real knowledge is hangin out here at NVNEWS.

bkswaney
10-27-04, 09:25 PM
I too was looking for that very forum when I was having problems with my New Ultra 6800 I purchased from PNY. Their site is very lacking in the troubleshooting/technical help department. Even their phone support sucked. I was asked very few and basic questions before they issued a RA# and the new card they sent me in exchange had the very same problem. However, it was posts here and help from these members that finally cured my 6800 ills. So although it would have been nice to have a PNY forum, the real knowledge is hangin out here at NVNEWS.

I must agree.
I had a PNY 3 cards back. I will not buy pny again.

YOGIx213
10-27-04, 09:41 PM
They are quick to respond to my e-mail questions but I agree that the best help I got was right here at nvnews. The card though is great for me. The website though needs a forum like evga's which has evga techs frequenting it.

|MaguS|
10-27-04, 09:49 PM
Do they have Tech support email? I couldn't find that anywhere and the tech on the phone was a complete retard... he didn't know what AGP was...

YOGIx213
10-27-04, 09:54 PM
Do they have Tech support email? I couldn't find that anywhere and the tech on the phone was a complete retard... he didn't know what AGP was...

Technical@pny.com is the address I use to ask any questions regarding issues with my card. I usually get a response the next day but my issues weren't big deal issues that would involve an RMA so I don't know how well they would be able to help.

Eltigre88
10-28-04, 10:02 AM

Let me guess the fan was hitting the shroud and making audible noise!
Mine did the same thing and I just losened the screws for a temp fix and then dremeled the blades down later!!

jolle
10-28-04, 10:10 AM
thought they were good..
Heard they are NVs primary manufacturer, and got the exclusive on Quadro cards..

Eltigre88
10-28-04, 01:22 PM
I like the card! I had the 5950 Ultra before this one. I just wish they had more posted info and new bios to download.

Marduk
10-28-04, 02:16 PM
there != their :retard:

My PNY 6800GT rocks.

jAkUp
10-28-04, 02:18 PM
When I think of PNY I think of their failing TI 4600's... They would just burn up over time.

OWA
10-28-04, 02:26 PM
PNY is usually the brand that is most prevalent at retail in my area so it's usually what I get. So, I've had several PNY cards and never had any problems with any of them. Currently have a PNY Ti4600 still in use (an old card of mine that is now in a system I put together for my parents) and a PNY 6800U in my main system.

So, I guess I've never had the need for a PNY forum but in general, I usually go to hardware sites like this one instead of the brand specific forums.

Knot3D
10-28-04, 02:39 PM
PNY = focus on Quadro workstation cards. They are very good at this. I had a PNY QuadroFX1000 myself ; great card, no issues.

I can't speak for their gaming cards though..

Marcos
10-28-04, 03:19 PM
Us New Jersians don't have time for petty help forums and hotlines

edit: sarcasm.... but my PNY is fine so far.

StoNer
10-28-04, 04:51 PM
My second card was a PNY GF4MX 420 and the fan died on it about 5 months after i got it.

The card after that was a PNY FX5200 and the fan died on it about 3 months after buying it. Put the fan i bought for the MX on it. Still working today.

PNY FX5200s are still going for around 100 dollars, even tho you can get a 5700LE for around that price area nowadays.

Had some PNY memory in my laptop that was bunk from a CompUSA, second set worked just fine.

My dads still got his GF2 and im pretty sure its a PNY with passive cooling, its still workin good. Especially since the only game he plays is Starcraft.

ChrisRay
10-28-04, 05:00 PM
When I got sent a replacement to my broken 6800NU, I got sent a PNY 6800GT, It's no different than a reference 6800 design, I dont really see what people have against them. They arent any better/worse than Nvidias reference cards because they follow Nvidias reference design.

saturnotaku
10-28-04, 05:42 PM
A lot of people jumped down PNY's throat because their lifetime warranty wasn't really lifetime. I'm pretty sure they've changed it to a standard 1 or 3 year so now I actually can/will recommend their cards. The old lifetime warranty was just the product lifetime so if the card died and they weren't making it any more, you would be SOL.

Boz
10-29-04, 10:12 PM
No my problem was not the fan hitting the metal case, it was freezing and crashing to desktop when playing games. I didn't feel I should have to do major tweaks to get a $500 card to work and be stable. So I sent the bastage back to PNY. The new one did the very same thing!!!! Using Rivatuner to set the clock speeds the same and disabling Fastwrites totaly stablized my card. Finshed Far Cry and Doom3 on their highest video settings with no problems after that.

I am still under the opinion that it is very Lame on Nvidia's part to put out a card where a tweak utility has to be used to make the card work....SHAME ON THEM!!! I have bought their cards since Voodoo went under and never had an issue w/ them. The TI 4600 I replaced was flawless from day one. Depending on what happens or how they treat/fix these defective cards will dictate my future video card purchases.

ChrisRay
10-29-04, 10:30 PM
A lot of people jumped down PNY's throat because their lifetime warranty wasn't really lifetime. I'm pretty sure they've changed it to a standard 1 or 3 year so now I actually can/will recommend their cards. The old lifetime warranty was just the product lifetime so if the card died and they weren't making it any more, you would be SOL.

Yup they have, its a 1 year warranty with a 2 year extension if you register the product.

|MaguS|
10-30-04, 07:32 AM
Anyone know which of the MANY numbers on the card is actually the serial number? I wana register but GOD there are alot of different numbers on the back of the card...

Eltigre88
10-30-04, 10:42 AM
I think mine was on the receit or if you have Sandra Pro it will tell you too. I'm surprised there is no S/N on the serial Number sticker on the back of the card!

Zetto
10-30-04, 03:58 PM
Uhm, S/N is what u see in the transparent section of your box... I got is so long that I forgot what it looks like but I distinctly remember that it was the only number visible without taking the card out of the box. Well, at least on 6800gt it is, dunno about other cards.

hyakki
10-31-04, 05:11 AM
i like my pny 6800 GT the support does reply really fast ..as for a forum i think its a good idea too ..

but i dont mind since i go over to eVGA's fourm and post i am almost 100% sure that the cards from evga and pny come off the same manufacuter line so are same product as evga's card

even though i like pny ..my next card will be a evga since i like their community with giveaways and can modify the cards (like with copper heatsink) without voiding the warrenty and can even get new bios updates .

pny wont allow modifying card in anyway or bios updates

YOGIx213
10-31-04, 07:04 AM
i like my pny 6800 GT the support does reply really fast ..as for a forum i think its a good idea too ..

but i dont mind since i go over to eVGA's fourm and post i am almost 100% sure that the cards from evga and pny come off the same manufacuter line so are same product as evga's card

even though i like pny ..my next card will be a evga since i like their community with giveaways and can modify the cards (like with copper heatsink) without voiding the warrenty and can even get new bios updates .

pny wont allow modifying card in anyway or bios updates

I agree. My PNY is great. I'm very happy with it but my original choice was eVGA (but was out of stock) and in the future, I will try again for an eVGA for the same reasons you listed.